InterContinental Sydney
$209
$164
$186
  • Restaurant
Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Town Hall(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$140
$117
  • Restaurant
Cambridge Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$96
$80
$262
$238
  • Pool
Meriton Suites Pitt Street, Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$122
$184
$124
  • Breakfast included
4,797 results
All reviewsthe club loungeopera housecircular quaybotanical gardensharbour bridge view roomtreasury buildingmeat winewindow seattop floorseafood buffethigh tearooftop barfive star hotelshower curtaincorner roomlate checkoutan upgrade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stayed for a couple of nights in October.As a very regular (3 months/year and IHC Platinum Ambassador), I was very surprised when I was told "of course you don't have club lounge access, based on your room type"! This is the first time across Asia Pacific in many countries that I have been told this. When asked why, the response was "we are different here". Decided not to cause a scene so left it at that. Otherwise the service and cleanliness (and staff attitude - other than the "barring" from the Club Lounge !!) were all first rate. Breakfast is amongst the finest I have experienced. Location is great, but the rooms are just getting a bit tired by international standards.

Room Tip: Harbour view is great
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
khucker, General Manager at InterContinental Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear De_chook

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, it is appreciated.

Our apologies there was a misunderstanding with your expectations of an upgrade as a Plantinum Ambassador. The Ambassador program provides an upgrade to superior room type for Platinum Ambassadors, which is normally to the next room category. Royal Ambassadors only are extended complimentary Club access or suite upgrade. Again our apologies this was not explained to you upon arrival. This information is also provided in your Ambassador membership pack.

I am pleased though you found our breakfast buffet to be of a high standard and I do hope overall your stay was enjoyable.

We do look forward to welcoming your return to Intercontinental Sydney.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

So I stayed here a few years ago on business and really enjoyed it. I just recently stayed as a Royal Ambassador and left thinking they didnt value my business. I checked into the hotel and they put me on the second lowest floor in a handicap room which normally is the lowest priced room on property. The shower is just one big room and no counter to use for shaving etc. They did give me club level access which was very stunning although when I actually used it they charged me for a beer. This is the first time I've visited a club room where they didnt offer free beverages or at least a selection. But thats fine but I was sort of put off by it.
Staff was great and always attentive. Love the location. If you are a loyal IC customer dont expect much in terms of benefits and upgrades...just book the room you want.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear AndyM

Thank you for your review, I do hope you have received our request for further information to enable us to provide you with answers with regards to your room allocation.

As mentioned in our private message to you, Club InterContinental includes coffee, tea and soft drinks complimentary throughout the day, alcoholic beverages are complimentary during Twilight drinks / canapes from 5 - 7pm.

We do look forward to receiving further information from you.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I recently stayed at the InterContinental Sydney for 4 nights on a business trip. The location is quite good, being 5 minutes from Circular Quay, whilst the room was reasonably spacious and well appointed. However, what really irritated me was the fact that neither wifi or breakfast were included in the price, despite my being on a corporate rate. For the former, the hotel wanted to charge me A$25+ per day!!! That's more than most locals pay in a month. Sadly, this seems to be a common feature of Aussie hotels - in stark contrast to the US where its normally a standard inclusion in your room rate. Also the room service menu was very limited and the food quality not of a standard I'd have expected for a hotel of this rating.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear buaya65

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

You have mentioned you stayed on a Corporate rate, these rates are discounted and normally are a room only rate, which is advised on confirmation. Some companies do include such items when rates are set. We do have a Business Sense package which is tailored for the business traveller and includes breakfast as well as WiFi. This may be more suited to your needs.

Thank you again and we do look forward to welcoming your return.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

This is a great hotel for business or pleasure. The staff are wonderful, the rooms tastefully appointed and carefully maintained, and the location and views are fantastic. The only downside is that anything extra (breakfast, internet) is very expensive.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbour view room on a higher floor, but be prepared to pay extra.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear the4newmans

Thank you for your review, always a pleasure to read positive feedback.

With regards to breakfast and WiFi, we do have packages which include both. Normally the packages are very well priced.

We look forward to welcoming your return.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

My only regret is that we had just a 2 night stay in the Intercontinental Sydney. The hotel is located in the heart of the city, 2 minute walk to Circular Quay, easy walk to the Harbour Bridge, Opera House, and The Rocks.
Large, spacious King room on 21st floor came with a terrific view of the Botanic Gardens. The room was clean and very well appointed.
Staff from check-in to check-out were friendly and attentive.
Dinner in the Cafe Opera was a bit pricy, but excellent nonetheless. The breakfast buffet was very good as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbour facing room on an upper floor to the the best views of Sydney
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear TedH

Thank you for your review and it is great to read that you had a wonderful stay with us.

Hopefully next time, you will be able to stay with us a little longer.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back again.