“Perfect for families”
Review of Hyde Park Inn

Hyde Park Inn
Ranked #49 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed May 18, 2010

We stayed in a family room which had 3 single beds and 1 double. The kitchenette was perfect, had all we required. Check in was fast - they provided maps and details on bus stops etc... Every question I asked (where is closest supermarket etc) was always answered with a smile and then they marked it on my map for me. Bfast was provided in your fridge (bread, spreads, cereal, fruit, milk) - it was more than we needed, so we used the bread to make the kids sandwhiches for the day. Free laundry facilities were very handy, especially when travelling with young kids. Only thing that would have been good, would be baths in the bathrooms - a bath for the kids and for the parents tired muscles after sightseeing would have been great. Highly recommend the place - will definately be back. Rooms were good value for central Sydney. Position was great - close to darling harbour, china town, museums, circular key etc.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank NLKx4
There are newer reviews for Hyde Park Inn

Reviewed May 4, 2010

We are frequent clients of this hotel although the absence of a lift/elevator at the nearby Museum Underground rail station makes it difficult to lift baggage up/down all those stairs. Until recently we used to stay in the more expensive upper level apartments with full kitchen & balcony but now we specify the studio apartments with kitchenette & double glazing on the lower levels as they are much quieter. The studio apartments are spacious, have contemporary quality furniture & furnishings & meet our modest needs.However on this occasion cleanliness & presentation were deficient & the matters concerned drawn to reception staff & management attention. Unfortunately none of the issues was rectified during our stay, presumably as the week-end was involved. In my opinion this was unacceptable as some health & hygiene issues were involved.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2010

Stayed here for one night in a deluxe studio. My room faced Hyde Park and it is a stunning view where you can see all the way to the heads in the Harbour. Room was clean and comfortable with its own small kitchen, table and chairs, couch and two beds. Bathroom was a little small and outdated but very clean. Would highly recommend if you were staying in Sydney for a couple of days or weeks as it is walking distance to the harbour and on the edge of the cbd and with the kitchenette it is perfect for making your own meals and saving a little money :)

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Nicole M
Reviewed April 10, 2010

I just stayed with my two daughters for three nights at this hotel. Such a great location. Clean rooms, great breakfast (more than enough each day). Yes once again you do hear the traffic a bit but I used cheap ear plugs and heard nothing & my girls slept though each night no worries. The reception staff always answered any questions we had and were more than helpful and always pleasant. I would highly recommend this hotel and for the price well worth it. I don't know what anybody would want more from a hotel. I will stay for sure when I next return.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Bubba030
Reviewed April 6, 2010

I loved my 2 week stay at the Hyde Park Inn, and will definitely be back when I am next in Sydney.
Great location, great room, and pretty good service overall.
I had a deluxe studio on the top floor, with great views of Hyde Park and St Mary’s Cathedral.
It’s a bit noisy even that high up if you have the balcony doors open, but closed no problem, I managed to sleep well and I am a considerably light sleeper.
Location was excellent, walked all over, 15 mins to Kings Cross, 15 mins to Circular quay, Chinatown is a 5 min walk away, and of course right near Town Hall station which will get you to any destination in the metro area.
Breakfast is simple but adequate, and is supplied daily, toast, juice, coffee and cereal. If you want anything more substantial you’re in the heart of the CBD so there is unlimited variety of cafes to eat breakfast at.
Servicing of the room was good, daily clean.
I would recommend this hotel to any one visiting Sydney, for the price, location and quality of service; it’s one of the best in Sydney. Check it out.
Thanks to Trish for taking care of my reservation and Suri for his attentiveness to my needs.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank teresavimini
Reviewed April 6, 2010

Have just returned home after a 4 night stay at Hyde Park Inn over the Easter long weekend. I had booked room many months back simply for location, but as stay got a bit closer I started to read other reviews about this hotel and thought about changing, I am so glad that I didnt change.

As a regular visitor to Sydney I have stayed at many many different hotels (from 3 star to supposed 5 star), but none have ever really made me want to go back and stay there again.
But this will be my preferred choice of hotel for Sydney for every trip from now on.
There is not one thing that I could fault.
I know other reviewers have had issues with certain aspects of this hotel, but I did not have a single problem with any aspect.

The room was huge (I stayed in a Deluxe studio on level 11) was spotlessly clean,had an amazing view from balcony, was quiet (didnt hear any traffic or siren noise at night like some others had complained about), the breakfast was great, more than sufficient, got a free paper every morning (saved having to walk next door to convenience store!!) and got free parking for rental car (yes its a bit tight, but not impossible, but hey... its free, whos going to complain??!!) what more could you possibly need.
Ok there is no gym or pool, but across Hyde Park on College Street, is an aquatic centre... bout a 3 min walk.

Hyde Park Inn is the best value hotel I have stayed anywhere in the world, I have spent 4 times per night in other hotels compared to what I payed here and this place is far superior.

Those of you looking for a clean, spacious, quiet room with great views, friendly reception staff, free breakfast, newspaper and carparking and laundry, stop wasting your time searching the net for other hotels in Sydney, because I promise you that if you book a room here you seriously will not have any regrets.

I also forget to mention you get free in room movies... they give so much, but ask for very little... Give it a go.....

Cant wait to go back to Sydney for no other reason but to stay here again :-)

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AusBrenden
Reviewed April 3, 2010

Hyde Park Hotel is a hidden gem. It is, by far, the best value for money in Sydney for families. It is a very small hotel, which we like. The location is excellent, very convenient to almost everywhere a tourist would need. The amenities were pretty basic, and the bathroom was small, but the room we stayed was spacious and very clean. The view from our little balcony was gorgeous both during daytime and at night. All the hotel staff during our stay were extremely nice and helpful.

We all love the mini breakfast in our room. On top of the basic things hotel provided, we bought extra breakfast items from nearby Coles or Woolworth supermarket. Our family traveled extensively around the world, and stayed in many different hotels/resorts/motels. My kids like the breakfast in HPI much better than those buffet/continental breakfast in the 5 star hotels/resorts. Although my husband and I didn't like the coffee there, we always made sure to have good coffee later in the day.

There are many restaurants nearby with many varieties to choose from. Chinatown is only a few minutes walk away. QVB and Gallery is also within less than 10 minutes walk. A little stroll in Hyde Park at dawn or dusk is absolutely wonderful.

We will definitely stay in Hyde Park Inn again next time when we visit Sydney.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family