“Great Hotel, No Complaints”
Review of Hyde Park Inn

Hyde Park Inn
Ranked #48 of 177 Hotels in Sydney
Queensland, Australia
“Great Hotel, No Complaints”
Reviewed April 10, 2010

I just stayed with my two daughters for three nights at this hotel. Such a great location. Clean rooms, great breakfast (more than enough each day). Yes once again you do hear the traffic a bit but I used cheap ear plugs and heard nothing & my girls slept though each night no worries. The reception staff always answered any questions we had and were more than helpful and always pleasant. I would highly recommend this hotel and for the price well worth it. I don't know what anybody would want more from a hotel. I will stay for sure when I next return.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Bubba030

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed April 6, 2010

I loved my 2 week stay at the Hyde Park Inn, and will definitely be back when I am next in Sydney.
Great location, great room, and pretty good service overall.
I had a deluxe studio on the top floor, with great views of Hyde Park and St Mary’s Cathedral.
It’s a bit noisy even that high up if you have the balcony doors open, but closed no problem, I managed to sleep well and I am a considerably light sleeper.
Location was excellent, walked all over, 15 mins to Kings Cross, 15 mins to Circular quay, Chinatown is a 5 min walk away, and of course right near Town Hall station which will get you to any destination in the metro area.
Breakfast is simple but adequate, and is supplied daily, toast, juice, coffee and cereal. If you want anything more substantial you’re in the heart of the CBD so there is unlimited variety of cafes to eat breakfast at.
Servicing of the room was good, daily clean.
I would recommend this hotel to any one visiting Sydney, for the price, location and quality of service; it’s one of the best in Sydney. Check it out.
Thanks to Trish for taking care of my reservation and Suri for his attentiveness to my needs.

3 Thank teresavimini
Brisbane, Queensland. Australia.
Reviewed April 6, 2010

Have just returned home after a 4 night stay at Hyde Park Inn over the Easter long weekend. I had booked room many months back simply for location, but as stay got a bit closer I started to read other reviews about this hotel and thought about changing, I am so glad that I didnt change.

As a regular visitor to Sydney I have stayed at many many different hotels (from 3 star to supposed 5 star), but none have ever really made me want to go back and stay there again.
But this will be my preferred choice of hotel for Sydney for every trip from now on.
There is not one thing that I could fault.
I know other reviewers have had issues with certain aspects of this hotel, but I did not have a single problem with any aspect.

The room was huge (I stayed in a Deluxe studio on level 11) was spotlessly clean,had an amazing view from balcony, was quiet (didnt hear any traffic or siren noise at night like some others had complained about), the breakfast was great, more than sufficient, got a free paper every morning (saved having to walk next door to convenience store!!) and got free parking for rental car (yes its a bit tight, but not impossible, but hey... its free, whos going to complain??!!) what more could you possibly need.
Ok there is no gym or pool, but across Hyde Park on College Street, is an aquatic centre... bout a 3 min walk.

Hyde Park Inn is the best value hotel I have stayed anywhere in the world, I have spent 4 times per night in other hotels compared to what I payed here and this place is far superior.

Those of you looking for a clean, spacious, quiet room with great views, friendly reception staff, free breakfast, newspaper and carparking and laundry, stop wasting your time searching the net for other hotels in Sydney, because I promise you that if you book a room here you seriously will not have any regrets.

I also forget to mention you get free in room movies... they give so much, but ask for very little... Give it a go.....

Cant wait to go back to Sydney for no other reason but to stay here again :-)

1 Thank AusBrenden
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 3, 2010

Hyde Park Hotel is a hidden gem. It is, by far, the best value for money in Sydney for families. It is a very small hotel, which we like. The location is excellent, very convenient to almost everywhere a tourist would need. The amenities were pretty basic, and the bathroom was small, but the room we stayed was spacious and very clean. The view from our little balcony was gorgeous both during daytime and at night. All the hotel staff during our stay were extremely nice and helpful.

We all love the mini breakfast in our room. On top of the basic things hotel provided, we bought extra breakfast items from nearby Coles or Woolworth supermarket. Our family traveled extensively around the world, and stayed in many different hotels/resorts/motels. My kids like the breakfast in HPI much better than those buffet/continental breakfast in the 5 star hotels/resorts. Although my husband and I didn't like the coffee there, we always made sure to have good coffee later in the day.

There are many restaurants nearby with many varieties to choose from. Chinatown is only a few minutes walk away. QVB and Gallery is also within less than 10 minutes walk. A little stroll in Hyde Park at dawn or dusk is absolutely wonderful.

We will definitely stay in Hyde Park Inn again next time when we visit Sydney.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank twitter123
Toronto, On
Reviewed March 27, 2010

After reading the Trip Advisor reviews of this hotel, we knew this is where we wanted to stay and we weren't disappointed. We arrived early in the morning after a 14 hour flight from Los Angeles and unfortunately our room wasn't ready till 1pm, but we were offered the guest lounge where we could rest.

We had asked for a room with a balcony on a higher floor and were on the 12 floor with a lovely view of the park. We stayed for 5 nights and an additional 2 nights at the end of our Australian trip; 15th floor. When we returned, we were treated like old friends. Yes, it was quite noisy, but Sydney is a busy city and it wasn't a problem, especially as we slept with the air conditioner on and therefore closed the windows. The room was basic, but very clean and comfortable. Housekeeping left extra towels when we asked for them and the front desk staff were very helpful. Loved having the kitchenette, which was very well equipped and we always had breakfast in our room. Having breakfast left in the fridge every day was a treat, although we also bought extra food from Coles Supermarket, which was just a 5 minute walk away. The pasta place at the corner looked great and there's lots of coffee shops.

The location is fantastic for buses and trains - Museum Station right across the street and Central Station a 15 minute walk. We could actually walk to nearly everywhere from the hotel and were only 10 minutes from Chinatown for great restaurants.

We loved the free show from our balcony each night. There's a large colony of flying foxes (huge bats) living in the Botanical Gardens and every night at dusk, they all take off and fly right past the hotel and down Elizabeth Street - I have no idea where they end up, but it was fun to watch.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a reasonably priced hotel in Sydney that is close to transportation, all the tourist sites, supermarkets, restaurants, etc.

2 Thank Rosita
Zürich
Reviewed March 15, 2010

We stayed in Hyde Park Inn for five nights around Mardi Gras. The hotel has a very good location for Mardi Gras and general sightseeing of Sydney. The staff is friendly and forthcoming on special requests.

The rooms are OK, but not great and the central location means it can get quite noisy. A letdown was the Internet connection available: not wireless, expensive and everything other than HTTP(S) was firewalled.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
bucks
Reviewed March 11, 2010

Good quality accomodation with all amenities apart from dining-however b/fast provided on a daily basis-found staff very accomodating to all requests-would definitely stay again-fre laundry facilities fab-shower flow could be better

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple