Hyde Park Inn
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$158
$135
Radisson Blu
$240
$172
$240
$181
  • Pool
Four Seasons Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$235
$185
$158
$123
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Old Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$147
$134
HolidayInn.com
  • Restaurant
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$139
$113
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $134/night.

$188
$157
  • Restaurant
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$190
$130
InterContinental Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$186
$164
1,116 results
All reviewsmuseum stationhyde parkcontinental breakfastdeluxe studiowar memorialbread for toastelizabeth streetgreat locationsmall balconyfamily roomfree laundrydarling harboursingle beddouble glazingdining tableeach morningshort walk
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed at the Hyde Park Inn on a recent business trip. My selection was based on a combination of location and cost. i booked into one of the "standard budget" rooms, noting that they were listed as being very small. Because i was traveling solo, and only for one night, this wasn't an issue for me.
While the room was definitely small, the layout made excellent use of the available space, and was quite comfortable for a solo traveler. My room had been recently refurbished, and everything was clean and neat. The mattress and pillows were comfortably firm, the air-con worked well, and the bathroom was clean, well-lit, and adequate. The handbasin was very small, but still allowed me to wash my face and clean my teeth (not so for a similar sized handbasin at another hotel on a holiday over Easter).

The layout of the combined desk/bench was also very functional. I was able to do some work in the evening in some comfort (which has not always been the case in other, sometimes larger, hotel rooms that are less well designed).

The staff were very courteous and helpful.

My only issue was that the website made mention of an adjoining italian restaurant, where meals could be charged to your account. No mention was made that this restaurant was not open on Sunday evenings (and unfortunately my visit was a sunday). there were other restaurants nearby, so this wasn't a bit issue, but a mild inconvenience.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 15, 2013

On the Room:
We got the family deluxe room for 4 on the 8th floor. Room is spacious with small kitchen complete with refrigerator, oven, microwave oven, sink, plates, cups, utensils. View from our room is very nice. You can see Hyde park and St. Mary's Cathedral from the balcony and kitchen window. Toilet has no tub -just shower.
Make sure to ask for a room on higher floor not just for the view but for the noise as well. Our room on the 8th floor is okay, you cannot hear the cars outside but you can hear the siren from the ambulance. So, I think it will be noisier in the rooms on lower floors.

On Cleanliness:
"Okay" when it comes to cleanliness. Toilet is clean. Bed sheets are clean though I saw a small stain on the brown sheet on top of the comforter. It's okay since its just for design and not really used as a blanket. I like the mini kitchen. Clean but oven is a bit dusty. I also noticed some dust on the towel rack in the toilet.
On service:
Service is okay. We were greeted at once when we entered the lobby. The receptionist asked for an ID and AU$50 deposit. Breakfast was being delivered to the room every afternoon. No dining room for breakfast. Continental breakfast include cereals, cookies, milk, orange juice, bread, butter,jam.

On Security:
I'm not sure if there is any but I did not see any security guard in the hotel. Nonetheless, we felt safe and secure.
There is no vault in the room so we made sure to bring all valuables with us whenever we go out of our room.

On Location:
This hotel is literally near every attraction. The hotel is located just in front of the beautiful Hyde Park. Train station is just across the street -Museum Station. It was so easy for us to ride the train, bus and taxi. QVB is just 10 minutes away by foot. There's a 7/11 store just beside the hotel lobby. 2 stops away from the Opera House by train.

On Value:
Compared to other hotels in good location, this one is definitely affordable. We stayed for 2 nights on peak season -Black Saturday and Easter Sunday. We got the room for US$600 via agoda. But if you ask the hotel directly, you can get it for AU$260 each night. I only got to read the hotel's email a day after I paid via agoda. I also prefer agoda since credit card information is safe via paypal. If you book directly with the hotel, you need to give them your credit card info.

I WILL DEFINITELY COME BACK AND REFER THIS HOTEL TO MY FRIENDS!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank happyaroundtheworld
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed here for two nights and it is perfect for a family. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The added bonus of having a continental breakfast already in your room is great. The hotel is in great location as it is walking distance to all the CBD sights. The staff are very friendly and were only too happy to store our luggage after we checked out. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2013

A great find. Well positioned within easy walking distance to the retail centre, and buses available to the Eastern Suburbs. Easy to reach anywhere really by public transport or keen walkers can explore right down to the Rocks. Also just across from Museum Station and the trip in from the airport on the train was trouble free. A lovely outlook across to the Park and very quiet, though we were on a higher floor.
Room was very comfortable, a queen bed and a single, kitchenette (we had a deluxe room) and a complimentary newspaper was a surprise. Included breakfast of packaged cereal, toast, juice and fruit provided in fridge was just right for us. Good coffee available over the road in the park. Polite and helpful staff. We were very happy and will return. Great Restaurant adjoins. Convenience, comfort spot on. Do your checkout on the early side to avoid the rush.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 11, 2013

My family of 5 stayed recently at this Motel for 2 nights whilst in Sydney. Being a family of 5, it is often hard to find accommodation to suit us. The Hyde Park Inn ticked all the boxes. We had a family room which included a queen size bed, 2 single beds, plus a single sofa lounge. The bathroom was modern and clean, and it also had a mini kitchen. Continental breakfast was included in our room. This motel is situated across from Museum Train Station, also a short walk to a free bus which takes you around the city, and close to the Monorail.
I would have to say this motel is value for money, and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family