Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
2,981 results
All reviews darling harbour great location rooms are small maritime museum light rail lyric theatre star casino buffet breakfast short walk short stay bed was very comfortable easy access an upgrade opera house pyrmont icc aquarium
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel is in a terrific position and my room on the 9th floor had a wonderful view of Darling Harbour and the city skyline. The room is quite small but totally adequate and clean. We had a twin room and there was enough room to move around easily. The $15 buffet breakfast was very reasonably priced and my son particularly appreciated the variety. I would highly recommend it for those who want to be close to the CBD, Darling Harbour and Chinatown. Also if you have children there is lots to entertain them in the area.

Room tip: Top floors facing Darling Harbour
Date of stay: January 2020
NovotelSydneyDHH, Manager at Ibis Sydney Darling Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Daph R

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay with us. It is a pleasure to receive such positive feedback!

I'm so glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and of course enjoyed the location and view of the harbour. I am happy to inform that we will be undergoing updates throughout the year to improve the general look and feel of public and private areas. We look forward to revealing this to our guests as the year progresses.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

IBIS Darling Harbour was a great budget hotel, it had everything you needed. As I was staying by myself it was a small and cosy room with a terrific view. I would definitely recommend to both business travelers and those travelling with children.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear lj19762020

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Sydney Darling Harbour.

ibis Sydney Darling Harbour

Reviewed January 14, 2020

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NovotelSydneyDHH, General Manager at Ibis Sydney Darling Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Reviewed January 11, 2020

This was our second stay at the Ibis Darling Harbour. The location is great if you are dining or visiting the greater Darling Harbour area.

Walk from Town hall or catch the light rail from Central to Pyrmont Bay which drops you a few minutes walk from Murray street. Very convenient.

Check-in was very friendly and professional. Our room was small but comfortable. It was showing signs of wear and tear. Needs a bit of TLC.

We decided to dine in for breakfast. Again, great value at $15 a head. The buffet was very good considering where the Ibis hotels are pitched.

When there are specials on sale in particular, the Ibis is great value at the budget end of decent chain hotels and we'd be happy to stay again. As before, my ratings are what we expect from a hotel within this price range.

Date of stay: January 2020
NovotelSydneyDHH, Manager at Ibis Sydney Darling Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2020

Dear desktop_critic

ibis Sydney Darling Harbour

Reviewed January 7, 2020

Fantastic location just a short walk from Darling harbour. Easy to get taxis and there
is a Big Bus stop very close for city tours. Services at the hotel was very warm and friendly. The breakfast area is quite small for the size of the hotel and tables were not available on any day we visited. The rooms are quite old and were certainly not fancy but are ok for the price, everything was clean and quiet.

Room tip: Rooms facing Darling Harbour have a very nice view if you can get one!
Date of stay: December 2019
NovotelSydneyDHH, General Manager at Ibis Sydney Darling Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2020

Dear Stotty6

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay with us. While I am glad to read that you enjoyed the convenient location of the hotel and received great service from our team, I sincerely apologise that there were areas of your stay that fell below expectations.

Please let me assure you that we do have major operational plans in place for this year to address all areas of the hotel so issues like those you mentioned above do not continue to affect our guests. We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for another stay in the very near future!

Warm regards,