“Good value for Sydney”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Vientiane, Laos
“Good value for Sydney”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We had 2 nights here - they gave us a free upgrade to a 3 bed room, which was handy as we had a baby with us. Rooms are clean with all the usual extras - coffee/tea, fridge, AC, flat screen TV. Good bathroom, plenty of lights and powerpoints.
Location is central so 5-10 mins walk to darling harbour, 5 mins to main Pitt St shopping area, 15 mins to Circular Quay/Opera House.

In a place as expensive as Sydney this was good value.

Room Tip: Just 3 doors down is a very good Thai restaurant (meals from $10) with BYO wine ($2 charge). There i...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
IbisWorldSquare_GM, Manager at Ibis Sydney World Square, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Hi,

Thanks you for the nice review.

We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Friendly staffs, Breakfast is ok!

Room & toilet are OK! (Ibis Style!!) But a bit noisy at night, from the pub downstairs. (We were on 3/F, may be better in higher levels) Only PAID Wired or Wifi Internet available! Too bad!

Feeling safe around the hotel all the time & close to World Square, Town Hall, QVB & China town... Stayed 5 nights there. Good!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank chungtien
IbisWorldSquare_GM, Manager at Ibis Sydney World Square, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Hi,

Yes, we are in a fantastic location, thanks you for staying with us.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Accor member and always stay at Accor when I travel to sydney. In Sydney for two nights, to see Addams Family The Musical. Location of course is the key to this hotel. I would and always chose this hotel, near chinatown for great food, close to Capitol Theatre and a nice stoll to Pitt st Mall. With a minor accident happening in the shower I must thank Michelle, Sovena and all the associates at the hotel for making the rest of the stay as comfortable as possible. The rooms are comfortable and clean, not large but great bed and if your sightseeing in Sydney the room size is perfect.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank steve1201
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Was a ok stay needs a lot of revamp and the breakfast room needs a revamp and more variety for breakfast staff need to smile abit more cause a smile goes along way and the parking cost is ridiculous $40 I haven't paid that at a 5 star hotel not happy

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Hi,

Thank you for your review.

We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. We hope you will give us another opportunity in the future, If I can further assist you please let me know.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed April 3, 2013

First of all the hotel is in a great location, okay it is only a 3 star, but you pay for what you get, Sydney is very expensive and i would guess that 5 star hotels are really expensive.
I walked everywhere from the hotel as it is very central for everywhere, room was what it said it was, hot water, comfortable bed, enough towels, tv with good channels, poor view but i was hardly in the room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Iand0310
IbisWorldSquare_GM, Front Office Manager at Ibis Sydney World Square, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Hi

Thank you for your review.

Yes, when staying at ibis World Square you need good walking shoes, as we are walking distance to all attractions. You sound like you had a great visit in our beautiful city.

Buderim
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I had not stayed at an Ibis hotel before, only Novotel, Mercure and Sofitel. I knew Ibis would not be of the same standard as these other properties but I chose it for its location for the purpose of my visit but this turned out not to be as convenient as I had thought and for the future, I will stay at a Darling Harbour property, either Novotel or a non-Accor property.

Prior to my visit, I researched various hotels and the room was priced just as highly as other various hotel properties (not necessarily Accor brand), however, it was very basic but comfortable - the bed was excellent but I'm pleased I took my own pillow. I had asked for a quiet room on a high floor but the only thing I got was a high floor. The was a sign in the room that the rooms were sound proof but from 12.00pm until 2.00pm, I could clearly hear the continual opening and closing of room doors from other room doors and a baby crying non-stop, so sleep quality was poor. The furniture was badly chipped and detracted from the Accor brand. There was hair in the bathroom sink and no hand towel.

There was no restaurant, only a "breakfast room" and take away options".

Although I have never stayed at a backpackers but have seen pictures, I would consider this property to be akin to an up-market backpackers hotel.

This hotel was not to my liking and I will not stay there again, nor can I recommend it to my family, friends or colleagues.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hotel.

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us and our location was not suited for your needs.