“Great location”

Harbour Rocks Hotel Sydney - MGallery Collection
Ranked #50 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This hotel is in a wonderful location , we parked the car and didn't need it again until we left. Our room was very small but had everything we needed. There was no on site parking, but there is a Wilsons directly opposite at a discounted rate. All the staff we encountered on our stay were very polite and extremely helpful. Would stay here again

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 25, 2013

This is a fabulous hotel, it was recommended to me by friends and I can see why. This is a five star hotel, that makes you feel at home from when you first walk in to when you leave. It is in a brilliant location, full of places to see, eat and drink and shop for all types of items. When you are visiting Sydney this is a great place to stay and do whatever you want.

Room Tip: The room that I had was near the reception and it was very good.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Ivada P, Manager at Harbour Rocks Hotel Sydney - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Uktravelpen

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Harbour Rocks Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Management

Reviewed April 23, 2013

The hotel is very nice , great location, close to Circular Quay railway station so shopping was no worries. There are lots of stairs and no lift so if you cannot manage stairs you would have to ask for a room on the ground floor.Did not take the car so cannot comment on parking. The hotel restaurant was great and the service was excellent. The hotel is very central to the Rocks and not far from the Opera House, lots to do and able to walk to most places. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The breakfast was excellent and well cooked. The one dinner we had was delicious. The staff were delightful, the position was good and taxis constantly outside the hotel made life easy. The fact that it was a walk-up was difficult for one of us, being aged, but ground floor rooms were available ( if only I had known). We will be back when next we are in Sydney if a ground floor room is available.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Really nice hotel and a great fit-out gives it a real modern-heritage feel. I'd stay there again but make sure I wasn't anywhere near the dining area as the banging of doors and rattle of cutlery woke me very early. Wasn't overly impressed with the service at breakfast - maybe that's why he was banging the doors! Would head out next time for this meal.Will ask for a softer pillow next time as well. Was allocated a balcony room but the drawback is it opens onto a general guest area so felt compelled to keep the blinds closed. I'd be thinking an elevated room would better. Very good location and well priced.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed for 1 night at this quaint little hotel before leaving Sydney.

This hotel can be a little hard to find as it is really easy to miss due to the small signage but it is situated in a great location at the rocks area.

I arrived early and the room was not ready so dropped off my bag and went wandering around the area. There was a small market next block with tons of freshly cooked/baked/grilled food for those early risers.

The location is great for exploring the rocks area and it is easy to explore George Street from there too. Easy walk to Darling Harbour and Opera House / Botanic Gardens.

Walking around, there are tons of small shops & quaint cafes to stop for a cuppa at any time.

Checked in after 3pm & my first surprise was that I was offered the 3rd floor (highest floor) though I was using Accor free night. Feels great not to be discriminated!

Second surprise, there is no lift available in this boutique hotel. If your knees are wonky or if steps are just not your thing, better request for a ground floor unit.

Third surprise, the hotel is so small that the registration & reception and bar is the same area. Quaint, charming and totally unexpected.

The room is small but extremely well thought & layed out. I love that they kept the original brickwork and windows of this extremely well preserved building.

Room was extremely clean and smelt fresh. The AC was working perfectly & the shower is clean and totally grime free. Plenty of hot water when needed. Towels smelt clean & fresh too.

The bed was great and I think it can easily match Westin's beds.

Hotel reception was great when I needed to book airport transfer & did it immediately besides helping with my bags both on the way in & out.

Do give this hotel a shot if you are into boutique hotels as it has enough character to hold its own but modernized enough to suit the needs of the current travellers.

Will definitely go for another stay when I am in Sydney again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor offer the best view :)
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank elizchua
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My sister and I were looking for somewhere to stay for one night, close to the bridge climb. We decided on this hotel. We were not dissappointed the service was terrific. We arrived early in Sydney from Melbourne, to early to check in to our room but the hotel staff were only to happy for us to arrive at 10am sort out our paperwork and leave our bags so that we could go and climb the bridge. When we returned to the hotel our bags were already in our room waiting. The room was fantastic. Good size with two King single beds and everything you could need. This hotel was comfortable, cosy and had a really good friendly atmosphere about it. It is located right in the heart of the Rocks area and is only a very short walk to Circular Quay, so we only had to catch a train direct from the Airport to Circular Quay station and walk 5min to hotel. The next day we were not flying out of Sydney until late so again the hotel staff were only to pleased and helpful and kept our bags after we checked out until we were ready to pick them up. The next time I visit Sydney for a much longer break I will definately be staying here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family