“The Perfect Proposal!!”

Ranked #28 of 177 Hotels in Sydney
Sydney, Australia
“The Perfect Proposal!!”
Reviewed June 29, 2010

My boyfriend, now Fiancee surprised me and booked a night here as part of the proposal, The hotel couldn't be anymore helpful with his requests. He booked a Opera View room and being on a wednesday night, the upgraded him to the 33rd floor in a Premier Harbour view room which was twice the size and a corner room. The view was unreal, they also organised rose petals on the bed and had a bottle of champagne waiting for us after he popped the question!
We decided to have breakfast in the room, seeing that we had the best view of Sydney and the breakfast was soooo good, we couldn't eat it all!
Bathroom has L'occataine products and a very large bathroom with seperate bath and shower.
Its just the little touches in the hotel that made our stay extra special, the lady who delivered our breakfast was the first person we saw after we got engaged and she was so lovely in congratulating us and the Valet provided 2 bottles of water before we left in the car...
Thanks again to the Four Seasons for the perfect proposal and one that I will truely remember for the rest of my life! :)

1 Thank island085

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,433)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 29, 2010

I would like to compliment Four Seasons on the exemplary service we received during our recent stay in Sydney. It was an excellent location in the heart of city center. As this is our first time in Sydney, your staff upgraded us to the 16th Floor Harbour View Room where we get to see the illumination of the sails at the Opera House. The attention to details was impeccable. Service of this caliber is rare these days and I wanted to be sure that you knew how impressed we were. Please extend my compliments to your staff. You have truly made our holiday truly memorable.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank LyndaLeow
San Francisco, California
Reviewed June 28, 2010

My husband and I just got back from Sydney NSW. He was there for work, I tagged along. 1st off we are from San Francisco, and have done a bit of traveling. We have never been to Sydney and LOVED it. What an amazingly beautiful city.
My husbands company made reservations for us at the "Grace Hotel" downtown. BLAH! It was a clean hotel but for a working traveler, not for someone coming into town from over seas. They were oversold and booked us in a room that had a view of a wall, and 2 double beds. We immediately jumped on expedia.com to find a new hotel. The Four Seasons had a room open. THANK GOODNESS. It was fabulous. The hotel is very well located, on the edge of the business district between "The Rocks" and "Circular Quey." My hubby was working all day - but the hotel was the perfect location for me to embark on day trips from. I could walk everywhere I needed. Walked to the ferry terminal, Opera House, The Rocks, down town Queen Victoria Building etc.
I booked a hot stone massage at the spa...it was "so so." The Fitness Center was nice, the room was beautiful...view of the Opera House and harbor, the staff was great. We did not eat at the hotel. We tried Peter Doyle's at the Quay and Mad Cow. For the money they were awful. Peter Doyles had a great view, Mad Cow is a fun scene. The food was yucky at both.
I took day trips on teh Bondi Explorer and Sydney Explorer. They were great options for me as I was traveling solo during the day. I took a solo trip to Manly via the ferry...that was easy and fun as well.
Stay at the Four Seasons. Its great!

2 Thank Amanda650
UK
Reviewed June 22, 2010

Exactly what you would expect at the 4 seasons, beautiful bar on the top floor, fantastic location right in the heart of Sydney

• Stayed April 2007, traveled solo
los angeles, ca
Reviewed June 18, 2010

We had three nights at the Four Seasons, and wish it could have been more. The service at the hotel started the minute we entered - with the doorman taking our luggage before we even checked in and arranging for it to be sent up to the room. The desk clerk called after we made it to the room to make sure the room was to our liking. The concierge was very helpful, giving recommendations for restaurants and arranging airport transportation.

The room was everything you expect from a luxury hotel - fine linens, quality soaps, nice decor. The room was a bit small, but adequate. Given the size of the room, the TV was actually too large to view comfortably - a case of trying to provide more, but actually achieving less (also, why is it hotels cannot adjust TVs to the proper aspect ratio?)

But we spent very little time looking at the tv - the view from the window was incredible - worth the price alone. The location was also unbeatable - just steps from the Circular Quay, the Rocks and the Opera House.

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 17, 2010

Stayed here for two weeks in April after moving from Shangri-La for another two weeks. I was there for holiday and partner there for work. Both great hotels - same harbour view (for harbour view rooms) but Four Seasons had a bit extra - foyer and hotel rooms decked out beautifully although they are smaller than ShangriLa.

It's located in a perfect corner of Circular Quay and walking distance to the business district and The Rocks is on your doorstep, including buses and circular quay train station.

Loved the Loccitane amenities! Beds were SO comfortable and LCD TV was great. Bring a PC cable if you want to hook up your laptop to it.

Great 5 star hotel for business or leisure.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Gold Coast
Reviewed June 16, 2010

Checked out lots of reviews before the long weekend trip away and where to stay. Decided on the Four Seasons in the end. Was concerned about some comments that rooms were small Ours was a tad small, but at the same time very comfortable. My husband and I had a great stay there, easy walking distance to Opera House, Harbour Bridge, the Rocks and ferries to everywhere! Requested a room with a view of Opera House and we were lucky to get one that had the perfect view. I realise that some rooms would not get such a view but I guess that is the same for all hotels anyway. Staff were very polite, courteous and certainly gave us the 5-star treatment. Could not fault this hotel at all and would absolutely recommend it to anyone.