“Cocktails and grandeur”

Four Seasons Hotel Sydney
Ranked #29 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed May 16, 2010

I booked one night at the Four Seasons for a special weekend away with friends. As a fairly novice 5* hotel person I was very impressed with the professionalism and service in the hotel. My favourite aspect of the stay was the lively and amusing bar! I popped down for a little drink whilst waiting for my friends to get ready and was entertained by the lovely bar staff and gorgeously alcoholic cocktails! The room was great, I don't really understand the qualms about the Harbour View room, you can definitely see the Opera house from the window. There were no complaints there!

The only fault in the stay was the wrong bed being booked for us. I booked through needitnow.com and specified a twin room. Unfortuntely when we arrived we were told that you cannot guarantee what room you are going to get if you use one of those websites and that we were in a king as there were no other rooms available in the entire hotel! I'm not sure how true either of those statements were and luckily I didn't really mind sharing with my friend. However, if I had then we would have had to change hotels!

Aside from the mix up it was a great experience and I highly recommend lounging at the bar for some five star service and drinks

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank FoodieinOz
There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Hotel Sydney

Reviewed May 14, 2010

I went to Sydney for some work and decided to stay over the weekend to explore some places. I stayed in some lousy hotel for the first 2 nights, then moved to Four Seasons hoping to have a really nice weekend. Once I stepped out from the cab, everything that was previously lousy, it got way much better. The staff was very helpful, the room was excellent and I got a stunning view from my room window. Great service and great room are really what you will get from this hotel.

Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank dreamseeker13
Reviewed May 9, 2010

Get the harbour view or the opera view room at The Four Seasons. That's what the experience is all about.

Then enjoy the beautiful decor, so tastefully renovated with elegant finishes. Flawless turndown service and fabulous room service with delicious food. L'occitane toiletries in the bathroom. Soft beds with cool, soft sheets. Four seasons is what a 5* hotel should be.

This is one of my very favourite hotels in Sydney that never disappoints. Top choice for any occasion.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tori171
Reviewed May 6, 2010

I was in Sydney on business the week of April 19th and stayed at the Four Seasons. It is a fantastic hotel. The harbor view room was very nice and the view was incredible -- opera house, Circular Quay, the bridge and the harbor were all in view. There is a weekend shopping market a few blocks away down George Street, with a European feel. I even made a video and uploaded it to youtube at:

It shows an old man dancing in the shopping distract at the Saturday market. Its a great area to stay in and the Four Seasons is top notch.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 4, 2010

Recently I stayed at Four Seasons on a 3 night business trip. The room overlooked the harbour and had an amazing view of the opera house and the bridge. Absolute luxury and attention to detail. Location couldn't be better. Central to lots of great restaurants..too many to choose! Short taxi ride to the casino. Great service throughout the hotel, from the bell boy to the front reception, was very much appreciated. The L'Occitane bath products were an added bonus. Would definately recommend this hotel and will definately be staying here again! Never was a big fan of Sydney until this trip!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2010

With this being my first stay at the Four Seasons I was still quite impressed with the hotel after reading some negative reviews. One thing I did notice on check in was although the staff were very friendly and professional there seemed to be a lack of information given about the hotel and felt I was left to discover everything for myself. Stayed in a Premier City view room and was exactly like the pictures states which was great!! Fantastic bed and linen as you would expect in a 5 star hotel.Ordered room service a few times and was never disappointed! Great location!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 30, 2010

Our stay was 6 nights at FS. 4 nights in a Premier Opera View room, 2 nights in a Premier Harbour View room and as others have posted you need to stand in the corner of the Premier room in order to see the Opera House. We were due an upgrade to the Harbour View room for our entire stay, but when we arrived that evening reception informed us there was no HV room available. The information was delivered without much warmth and we were not overly impressed with check in. However when I looked up wotif and a few other sites there were HV room available. So, the next morning we stopped at reception and managed to get the last two evenings upgraded by a very helpful staff member.
The rooms were fine. Comfortable bed. Wardrobe, safe, mini bar. Everything one should expect, but nothing really stand out. The tv reception was fuzzy, you had to purchase filter coffee, only instant was available otherwise. Bathroom with tub and separate shower. L'Occitane products, which we loved. Turn down at night was very good and the room staff were really great.
We used the pool, which in Sydney hotels was pretty good. We enjoyed a couples massage at the spa. Massage was great. A few improvements in the spa atmosphere would not go amiss, seemed dated.
Room service, not bad. We had a food credit, used it and was not disappointed.
Breakfast buffet, boring!! But they did have dragon fruit. However, when I tried to find out just what was included in our room breakfast, we were asked if we wanted the buffet. No one told us at the time to have this buffet it cost an extra 20$ per person. IMO not worth it.
It was not explained very well that it was a continental breakfast, not buffet, inclded, etc. etc. This was rectified by the helpful front desk staff. But we couldn't be bothered to have breakfast at the hotel again, as would have rather buy a good coffee across the street.
We enjoyed as stay. But would most likely stay at another property in Sydney our next visit.
Would recommed if you got the Harbour View room for just that, as price wise it was not bad compared to other hotels in the area for the view.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple