“Another enjoyable stay”

Ranked #28 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Sydney, Australia
“Another enjoyable stay”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

The Four Seasons Sydney is now my home in Sydney.
It is in an excellent location with fabulous views.
The staff are fantastic as are the dining facilities.
I have no immediate plans to try any other hotel at the moment .

Room Tip: High Floor corner suite and book the Executive club as an extra.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Matt S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,453)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 17, 2014

I was torn about giving a rating of "average" or "very good" because my experience on arrival was so bad. I settled on average since this is the Four Seasons and not some lower tier chain.

Upon arrival, the bellhop took my suitcase out of the taxi's trunk... and then left it on the curb. When he saw me look at my bag (which was not a carry-on), he asked "oh, did you want me to take it inside for you?" And why wouldn't I? Check-in was smooth and I got the room that I booked - 25th floor with a beautiful view of the Opera House and harbor. I unpacked and went downstairs to talk to Concierge. There were two people behind the desk, but they were busy chatting with another coworker. I stood there waiting for them to finish their joking around with each other...they did not. Another staff member approached the desk and she was the one who decided to help me.

After these two incidents, I had no issues with the hotel. Room service was prompt and the food was delicious. The Grain is sort of an after work happy hour favorite for the hip crowd, but the service was still good. I also had a good massage at the spa. The bathroom is a bit outdated, but the bed was comfortable.

I would still recommend this hotel, but with reservations.

Room Tip: splurge and get a room with a view of the Opera house and harbor
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Geneva P
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Beautiful Hotel, gorgeous entrance! Professional staff well priced Great views!Trendy bar next door.great location for getting out and about nice area just near The Rocks, Ferries,very beautiful area, mostly flat for walking

Room Tip: Ask for one that fronts George st over Circular Quay
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Hong kong
Reviewed August 15, 2014

I frequently stay at four seasons hotel worldwide. Unfortunately they don't have a loyalty program. Typically I find the hotels and service pretty good. Quite disappointed with the Sydney one however. Firstly i booked through my company travel agency and the booked me at some very high rate. So I switched hotels naturally. Then my agent got a call back and four seasons drop the rate considerably so I moved back. This is not priceline. Should be offered the corporate rate in the first place. The hotel itself is quite jaded and is in need of renovation. Probably smallest rooms and oldest looking rooms of all four seasons I've stayed in. Service is subpar. I asked for late checkout by just one hour after staying here for three nights. Flatly refused and i doubt the operator, (it was not even the reception) bothered to inquire if I could stay one more hour as the response was immediate. Anyway not a big deal but enough to say that this hotel is below standard for four seasons.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Leechris28
David_Macklin, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Dear Leechris28,

Firstly, thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate all feedback as it helps us improve our product and service.

Secondly, I do apologise for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We will be discussing your feedback internally so we can improve our guest service. I hope we can look after you at another time, and I would welcome you to email me at david.macklin@fourseasons.com, should you choose to stay with us again.

Kind regards
David Macklin
Hotel Manager
USA
Reviewed August 15, 2014

The small room was dusty and the bed was not comfortable initially. A call to house keeping and they added extra padding to the mattress. But everything else was just great. The view was second to none. From my room I could see the Opera house and the harbor bridge. We had access to the executive club on 34th floor. They had a decent breakfast and evening snacks. My wife got upset stomach twice and me once after visiting the executive club. They have bartenders on the weekends at the executive club but they stand like the lock to the alcohol cabinet. Bartenders lack the necessities for even a basic cocktail and I found them to be out of place in the executive lounge. The staff was exceptionally good. I really did enjoy the stay overall. Location to the circular quay train station and shoppes are just too convenient.

Room Tip: You can call Wash on the Rocks a local laundry place and they will pick up and deliver your laundry...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Located in the historic area known as "The Rocks" this hotel is close to the harbor, great restaurants and splendid shopping. Concierge, Michael Sison, really outdid himself for me by phoning the tour company to make sure which entrance of the hotel I would be picked up at and then alerting the staff at both entrances just in case. This allowed me a pleasant wait in the beautiful reception area. A very luxurious contemporary style throughout. This is a wonderful hotel!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Cathy S
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed August 14, 2014

My husband and I let the hotel know that we were celebrating our wedding anniversary when we booked and splurged on a full harbor view room through a booking website. We were upgraded to a room on the 30th floor, there were rose petals on the bed, and the manager sent a bottle of wine to the room. All were really lovely touches. Also, the staff at check-in and housekeeping were very pleasant. The view was outstanding, and the room was very comfortable, but the extra touches were what made the stay memorable. Unfortunately, with such a wonderful first experience, it may be difficult to ever repeat or top this. But I would definitely stay there again, just for the convenient location and the view.

Room Tip: The full harbor view is worth the extra and the higher the better.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple