“Amazing stay!!!!”

Ranked #29 of 174 Hotels in Sydney
Newcastle, Australia
“Amazing stay!!!!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My self & my partner were celebrating our three year anniversary weekend! We thought we would splurge a little and it was well worth the money. The rooms were small, but you are hardly ever in your rooms when you are located in such a great location! The beds were super comfortable also! The staff were really nice and welcoming, and the valet parking was absolutely great and fast! We were first timers, so we were a little unsure of how it worked with more fancy places! The only complaint i have is that the booking was in my name, and on my credit card, but when we went for breakfast, the bill was in his name, and also in the room itself when we first arrived, only his name was printed on the screen to welcome us. Overall it was a wonderful experience and i would recommend it to anybody! I will definitely be staying again!!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher up floor! And its well worth the money to get a harbour view room!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
David_Macklin, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Jasmin261,

Thank you for your kind review. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your three-year anniversary weekend with us, and I hope we can be a part of future celebrations. I do apologise for the mix-up with the names and we will be looking at rectifying this issue with our hotel software.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,398)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Redwood City, California
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Arriving late in the evening I was tired,needed a room and a good meal. I was escorted from check-in to the elevators after a gracious introduction to the hotel's main dining establishment and confirmation a table would be waiting from me when I returned downstairs. I was met at my room within moments by the bell staff who provided the nicest room overview I have ever received and then the gentleman came back with bottled water for my stay. Dinner was DELICIOUS - I selected the salmon filet special with a green salad and shoe string potatoes...dessert was even BETTER (salty caramel eclair topped with chocolate glaze, peanut brittle and chocolate bar with chocolate cookie crumble and chocolate sorbet). I was at the hotel four 4.5 days - and each day whether it was front desk, house keeping, concierge or door staff - I was treated like royalty. The friendliness, respect and demonstration of caring - about how I was doing, what I needed, the introduction to Sydney and its sites - all done with a genuine smile and consistent attention. It was a wonderful location - just moments from Circle Quay, the Hop on - Hop off bus stop, the Rocks (for Foodie Fridays and Saturday / Sunday market), walking distance to Darling Harbour, the Sydney Opera and the Royal Botanical Garden...not to mention the Harbour Bridge. (Rooms could use some deep cleaning / sprucing up - but I was looking out my 24th floor window at the view...just lovely.)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear IamBMW,

Thank you for your lovely review, I was so pleased to hear that you had an amazing stay and enjoyed your meal at The Woods, our service and location. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Kind regards
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We booked the Deluxe City Harbour View to watch the Vivid light festival. From the moment we got out of our car, we were greeted by friendly and professional staff. We were personally escorted to the check in desk by the concierge (which has never happened before in any hotel we have stayed at.) We were greeted and checked in with ease and then escorted to the lifts by the check in staff ( that has never happened before either). Our room was just perfect. Our bags were brought up quickly with the friendly staff member offering to show us all the features of our room. The view was just spectacular and the bed was extremely comfortable. It was such a shame to leave the next day! Would highly recommend this hotel and staff to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear buzydi,

Thank you for your review, and I'm so glad to hear that you had an amazing stay during Vivid. The light festival is so spectacular from one of our harbour view rooms. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Warm regards,
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We have been in the hotel for 4 days now and we are very happy to prolong our stay for 9 more days.
To start with the hotel is located in the heart of the city, which is very convenient if you want to get to know Sydney by walking around.
Second in the hotel itself, our room is large, very well equipped,with an amazing view of the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge: one should ask for a "premiere" room on top floors and finishing by 09
The most remarquable thing about this hotel is the quality of the service: thriving for perfection, personalized and courteous. I had been ill and asked for a doctor's visit: I received a call after the doctor was gone from the security offering all the help I would need until I get better. This is a gesture you would expect from a family member....
The quality of the in-room food service is also remarkably good.
The only things missing is having no more than one restaurant and the very limited in time and variety in room dining service. But the quality of the cuisine at this only restaurant is of very high standard. They is also a bar, overlooking George street, which is very animated and pleasant .
As we are part of a group the room rates is reasonable for a 5 stars hotel in Sydney, and the food prices are not excessive.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear josyanmadiskaff,

Thank you for your review, and I do hope you are feeling much better now after the doctor's visit. Thank you for your comments about our restaurant, concierge service and in-room dining.

We hope to see you again soon!

Kind regards,
Cairns, Australia

Hotel is a little run down, however the service food and location are 10/10
Room service left a little to be desired however the quality was excellent. Room upgrades are available upon request
regards
paul

Room Tip: Room that face NE or looking at bridge and opera house.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PolichronisV
Dear Sugar V,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were impressed with our service, location and food. I'd love to hear from you further on your experience with room service as you mentioned that it did leave a little to be desired. Please do email me with further feedback on david.macklin@fourseasons.com.

Warm regards,
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I stayed here for my wedding anniversary. We were treated so well from the minute we arrived til we checked out. We were upgraded and they made everything so smooth for us! We felt they made the occasion a very special one. Located just across the road from the Rocks, easy to walk everywhere! Very helpful, well trained and nice staff. Bed and pillows comfortable. Breakfast in our room was AMAZING! The only negative, if you were picky is the room was a little small, but it didn't bother us at all.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear noplacelikehome33,

Belated congratulations on your wedding anniversary. I'm glad to hear that you had a positive stay with us, and we hope we can welcome you back for future celebrations.

Warm regards
Mollymook, Australia
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Stayed only the one night but what a way to sleep in comfort and style. A full view harbour room with champagne was easy to enjoy. Room wasn't huge but had everything you needed and the beds were like clouds to sleep on. Staff were fabulous esp the consierge staff, they had all the little touches that makes this hotel stand out, umbrellas in case of rain & bottled water too. A short stroll to the Quay for restaurants or the Rocks markets, ideal location but if you're going to the Lyric theatre or Darling Harbour do it before peak hour, it can add quite a bit onto the taxi fare sitting in traffic at 6pm, lucky we had 4 to share the cost. Treat yourself or someone, you'll remember your staff and hopefully for all the right reasons

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lovista
Dear Lovista,

Thank you for your review, and the wonderful words about our concierge staff. I will make sure that the department becomes aware of your review and your compliments to them. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Best regards,