“great location , quite surprising on the ………..”

Four Seasons Hotel Sydney
Ranked #28 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Jakarta, Indonesia
“great location , quite surprising on the ………..”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

This is my second stay at Four Season Sydney.
The first one was back in 1999 for Y2K New Year fireworks

Location is perfect, no doubt about it. Walking distance to everything : Botanical Gardens, Sydney Opera House, Australian Museum, Museum of Contemporary Art, Hyde Park etc.

The room itself is ok, quite small but nice and compact. The toiletries have nice fragrance and
the works of house keeping staffs I really appreciate. Efficient.

Breakfast, for the price, unfortunately cannot compete with Four Season in my country with many choices, but you can say that Sydney is an expensive city.

The downside of my stay is that the clarity of the window whereby I stay. I booked room with Opera House view. The view is there, but the window is a bit dirty hence I cannot photo capture correctly the view thru the window. A disclaimer card is there, but ’today to be cleaned’ remain ’today’ :) . Weather is very nice.

Location and quality is there, but you have to follow up/ask for some things you think you deserved, which should not be the case for a top star rated hotel. TX

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank srikandimustokoweni
David_Macklin, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear srikandimustokoweni,

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay, we appreciate all feedback given to us. I am glad you enjoyed the location of the property, the room and the work of our housekeeping staff.

I would like to let you know that the exterior of the building is cleaned regularly and the windows were cleaned the week that you stayed. We hope we can provide some wonderful picture-perfect vistas on your next visit!

I'm sorry to hear that you had to follow-up for some items you needed, and please rest assured, this is not the service standard we usually hold ourselves to. Once again, please accept my sincere apologies and do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything I could assist you with in the future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,434)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

My wife & I spent 5D4N in Sydney last week. I didn't read the comments here before making my reservation because I have full confidence on Four Seasons' brand name. Below are my comments.

Good :
1. Excellent location. I think 80% of the main attractions are within 15mins walking distance.

2. Excellent harbour view

3. Very good room (Grand Full harbour view room). It's worth spending a bit more to upgrade the room to this. It's big enough with superb harbour view. Very clean.

4. Good equipments in room including free Wi-fi.

5. Very comfortable bed

To be improved:

1. No toothbrush and slippers were ready in the room. I had called housekeeping for these items twice.

2. There were two bathrobes in the room on the first day however 1 was missing since day 2. As my wife was not using it so I didn't call for another one. Is it strange in four seasons?

3. (Major fault) In the last day morning, I found that the stuff inside the shampoo and shower gel bottles were the same ! ! (They supposed to be in different color). As I had used up my last bottle of shampoo, I had no choice but to use the "shower gel" to wash my hair ...

Overall : I definitely enjoyed my stay in this hotel and I'm not a picky person, I would give 4 marks to it. But, it was not up to the standard of a reputable 5 stars hotel that I've experienced before !

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Isaac Y,

Thank you for your wonderfully detailed feedback after your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed our location, views, free wifi, and enjoyed sleeping on a Four Seasons bed.

Our sincere apologies, firstly, for the poor housekeeping standards which you observed in your guestroom and please be assured I have shared your important feedback with our Housekeeping Manager to ensure our team is performing to standard, consistently.

I have checked the amenities, and although the colours of the product are similar, I can assure you that they are different products.

Additionally, I would greatly appreciate it if you can contact us directly and provide your room details / dates of stay, enabling us to specifically address this issue with the housekeeper concerned. You can contact me directly at david.macklin@fourseasons.com.

I was pleased, however, to read that you enjoyed the remainder of your experience at our hotel and we hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I frequently travel to Sydney for work and the Four Seasons is always a lovely place to stay. The rooms are reasonably small but nicely decorated and comfortable. The main draw card for me is the gym, which is bright and clean with reasonably new equipment, and I appreciate the complementary bottles of water. I usually order from the room service menu and they have recently added some variety and healthy options.

The only downside for me is that I am always given a room on a low level floor and the noise from the raised freeways and train lines next to the hotel is quite loud so I have never had a decent nights sleep while staying here. I recommend staying here, but if you are a light sleeper ask for a room on a higher floor.

Room Tip: The higher up ther better for both the views and to escape the road/train noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Leah S
Dear Leah S,

Thank you for your review following your numerous stays with us. I am glad to hear you enjoy our gym facilities and room service options.

I am sorry to hear that you had trouble sleeping due to noise issues. Should you choose to return to Four Seasons Hotel Sydney in future, please do not hesitate to inform us of any preferences you have for your stay, such as a higher floor, and we will do our best to ensure that this request is taken care of for you.

Warm regards
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 3, 2014

AMAZING first impressions!! Staff seemed very helpful and welcoming on day one, amazing facilities. Pool and Gym were actually great much better then any other hotel we have been to. From day two the staff seemed to get quite rude and took ages to be acknowledged when waiting to ask a question and get assistance so I just walked off and asked other customers who were more friendly and helpful. Not so much 5 star service thats for sure. I did love the Piano man he was always very welcoming

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
David_Macklin, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Danielle C,

Thank you for writing your review following your recent stay and I am pleased overall your stay was enjoyed and you found our pool and gym to be of a high standard.

I am very sorry though if one of our front desk personnel have let you down, this is very disappointing to read. Please be assured we have made all front desk staff aware of your experience so it won’t happen again.

I do hope we can welcome you back again to Sydney very soon.

With kind regards,
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed February 3, 2014

had a romantic weekend to sydney and chose to stay here.
the beds are amazing
the view is supurb
the bathrooms are immaculate
so close to everything and all the staff were willing to help
darling harbour around the corner, taxis waiting
easy to park
no problems

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear aaront658,

Thank you for your kind words about your stay following your romantic weekend away. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Luton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Having stayed at quite a few four seasons resorts, I expected a little more from this hotel. The location is fantastic and the view from our room on the 29th floor was magnificent. We had a harbour view room which overlooks both the Sydney Opera House and the Harbour Bridge. We stayed here for a week. I found the room was rather 'tired' and could do with a redecoration to brighten it up. Everything else about the hotel, was great, the staff very friendly and helpful. The bar while a little dark at times, was very good and serves food after the restaurant has closed, which is quite early on some days. All in all a great location, but the rooms could do with some work.

1 Thank 49Andy
Dear 49Andy,

Thank you for your thoughful feedback after your stay with us. I'm glad to hear that, on the whole, your experience was a positive one. Our restaurant, The Woods, closes at 10:30pm, and I'm glad you were able to avail yourself of our bar, Grain for food and drinks.

Thank you also for your comments about the rooms and view. Your comments have been taken on board, and will be shared with the management team. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Beautiful hotel. Perfect location. Superb views. Rooftop pool and hot tub . There was even a pianist in the foyer at 7.30 in the morning. So relaxing would not hesitate to return here if ever having the opportunity to visit Sydney again.

Dear Liz B,

Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay with us, we're glad you enjoyed your stay and time in Sydney and hope to welcome you back soon.