“great place”

Four Seasons Hotel Sydney
Ranked #30 of 180 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Before booking a hotel I always read the reviews on tripadvisor, and having stayed in Sydney a couple of times previously at a good standard of hotel I was a bit apprehensive to change but after reading the glowing reviews for this hotel I am so glad we did.
From the moment you arrive you feel a sense of welcome and comfort which you dont really experience in many other establishments .Our room was clean and well furnished with toiletries etc., the staff are very polite and friendly without being over friendly.
All in all I couldnt find fault with thus establishment and would concur with most reviewers in saying it is a gem of a find, we will be returning for sure....cant recommend this place highly enough.
Congratulations to all the staff and the manager for achieving such a high standard.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mird539
David_Macklin, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Dear mird539,

Thank you for your wonderful review and lovely words about our staff and service. We're thrilled you enjoyed your time in Sydney and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Visited in November and were literally speechless when we opened the blinds and saw the wonderful view of both the Bridge and Opera House. It was spectacular. Its a pricey hotel but beautiful and easy to eat elsewhere. Wonderfully central and quite a special place. Look out for special deals and request a bridge and opera house view. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Jan B,

Thank you very much for your kind words on our Full Harbour View rooms - the views of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Opera House are quite spectacular and I'm glad this is a memory of Sydney we could help you create.

We hope to welcome you back soon, and in the meantime, safe travels.

Warm regards,

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Visited Sydney for 2 weeks over New Year and The Ashes. Stayed at 2 previous hotels in Sydney -see other reviews - and were so disillusioned. Moved back to Sydney City centre from The Suberbs as soon as The Ashes were over (all too soon!) and opted for The Four Seasons to make sure of some good accommodation for our remaining 3 nights - and we weren't disappointed. A true 5 star experience in a great location on George Street right next to Circular Quay and The Rocks. There are some lovely little cafes on The Rocks for breakfast if you don't just want to experience hotel dining rooms. Fabulous pool deck, sun loungers and pool bar if you want some time off from sightseeing.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear JDMLancashire,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I trust you enjoyed The Ashes!
We're glad you enjoyed our pool area and our location in the heart of The Rocks. We hope to see you back in Sydney soon.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

My husband and I have just enjoyed a 3 day break in Sydney staying at the Four Seasons. We booked through booking.com where the hotel was suggested as a 'great deal'. Great deal it was! The daily rate was cheaper than any hotel (of comparable level) that I could find in Brisbane (home city) or even in Stanthorpe (small wine growing community 3 hours drive from Brisbane - and it certainly does not have the views or The Rocks!!) From the driver who collected us from the airport to the personal greetings on our arrival, the service was flawless. Our room was serviced twice a day. The staff in every area that we dealt with were eager to assist and extremely polite. This even includes the bar staff. Our room had a view that one sees only in books/magazines. I could not recommend the hotel more highly and will always stay there on return visits. The experience made our break a most memorable one.

Room Tip: It is worth paying the cost of an upgrade to have the Harbour views. Nothing compares...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susan P

Dear Susan P,

Thank you for your lovely words about our hotel, I'm glad you had an enjoyable stay with us. We very much appreciate the comments about our staff, as we do aim to exceed expectations.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Warm regards

Reviewed January 11, 2014

This is, by far, my favorite hotel in Sydney! I've been living here for a few years & work in the hospitality industry (Concierge department) I've stayed at a number of Four Seasons Hotels including the ones in Mexico City, Los Angeles (Beverly Hills), Boston & both properties in Chicago. My overall experience at this hotel was, as expected, 5 star material. I checked in during May of 2013 & had one of the best nights in long time! I really enjoyed the outdoor heated pool while Vivid Festival was going on during the evening. I could witness the multimedia extravaganza, not only from my Harbor view room, but from the swimming pool as well!! Where else can you go swimming outside during the onset of winter in Sydney, while indulging in the harbor's magical scenery? :) Breakfast was also amazing & you can't be the location either. The service is outstanding & the rooms are very luxurious. I had the best sleep ever with the most comfortable bed I've ever snuggled in!!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED ;)

Room Tip: Go with a harbor view room! Trust me ;)
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Dear Shamanavi,

Thank you very much for your lovely words about our hotel, and in particular, the pool area. Vivid Festival comes at a wonderful time of year, and we're lucky to be right in the middle of the action.

We hope to see you at a Four Seasons property soon!

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Extremely well located with magnificent views of Harbour bridge and Opera house.Very expensive around New Year Eve, and one pays for the view outside rather than what is provided inside the hotel.
In spite of fees ranging up to $1000 dollar / night, the hotel appears poorly run and supervised. One day we returned to our room late afternoon to find it hadn't been cleaned, towels hadn't been replaced, rubbish bins weren't emptied and there was no toilet paper. For top star prices this level of management was extremely poor. The above issues were attended to after we complained, but nothing was heard from management.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank williamhart
David_Macklin, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear William Hart,

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback regarding your recent experience at Four Seasons Hotel Sydney. I am sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with your stay and on behalf of the team I sincerely apologise for the inconveniences caused during your time with us.

Please be assured I have taken your valuable comments on board and have spoken to our Housekeeping department about your stay, to ensure that rooms are attended to in a timely manner.

I do hope to welcome you back to Four Seasons Hotel Sydney soon.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

As a few others have noted, the property is a bit tired, but the room was clean and tidy. We spent 2 days prior to Christmas at the hotel, when the hotel was pretty busy. We got a room overlooking the harbor.

The hotel is located close to the railway, so we got woken early in the morning which was not great. We ate in the hotel restaurant one night, the food was mediocre. I ordered a steak which was poor - but the server removed from the bill. We drank in the bar one night, service was good and the drinks too. The good aspect if the proximity to the opera house, bars and restaurants in the Rocks area.

Concierge in the hotel was very useful.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple