“Four Seasons Hotel, Sydney”

Four Seasons Hotel Sydney
Ranked #29 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Brilliant hotel to stay in, right on the water front with a view right on the water front of opera house and bridge, that beats nothing else in the world. Worth all the expense, except for wifi which they charge AUS$25 per 24 hours! Breakfast wasn't included in our room rate. Pity. But still would choose Four Seasons Hotel anywhere in the world.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Hotel Sydney

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed one night in a huge corner room which had plenty of space even with an extra bed made up for our 12 year old. We booked a city view room but still had views over the water and the city from huge windows at each side. We were delighted with the spacious and elegant room. The huge king bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in and there was a big flat TV and coffee machine. The bathroom was beautiful, big, and well stocked with L'Occitane toiletries. I have read reviews stating the room was a bit small, but this was certainly not the case with us, so maybe corner rooms are bigger.
The concierge and doormen were very helpful and pleasant ( as were all the staff )and this really helped make our stay enjoyable.We really were impressed with the exceptional quality of the service we received during our stay. Our rate included a very good breakfast in the Woods restaurant, which is otherwise quite expensive if paying separately for it. All in all we thought it was a very fine hotel and the location right on the rocks and circular quay made it very convenient for sightseeing and access to ferries and trains if required.
Yes it is an expensive hotel, but hotel prices in Sydney are high and you can expect to pay a premium for a top quality lodging in such a prime location. My only gripe is the $ 25 Internet fee which most high end hotels charge. I have stayed in cheaper places which offer free wifi and it is really time for the high end places to stop charging for it.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are very spacious
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank waitee
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Four Seasons Sydney is close to the Rocks, Circular Quay, and the Opera House. Enjoyed walking around. Also downtown shopping area is close enough to walk or a short taxi ride. Staff are well trained and concierge friendly and helpful. We enjoyed staying there but was quite surprised when checking out because I felt I was being ripped-off. We checked in under Amex platinum card package for 4 nights and extended our stay for another 4 nights under the same package. But they were trying hard to take away the benefits provided by Amex by jacking up the room rate and charging extra. Had to spend a lot of time having unpleasant discussion on the package and the room rate. Until that time We were happy with the hotel.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
David_Macklin, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Don Y,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback about your experience at Four Seasons Hotel Sydney.

I was very sorry to read that you encountered some issues during your stay, however, I understand from our Front Office team that you were satisfied with the overall outcome and the service provided to you by our team.

I do appreciate your views and comments and we have taken your overall feedback on board.

Kind regards
David Macklin
Hotel Manager

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Decided to splurge on this 2 day business trip to Sydney and what a treat !

The rooms just hit the spot - why ? well where do you start ?

1. Luxury comfy bed, most important part of any hotel in my opinion
2. Beautiful Egyptian cotton sheets
3. Enormous tv
4. Great bathrooms with top quality Australian Appelles toiletries - what a treat (body lotion is divine)
5. Location, Location, Location
6. Food quality was spot on, room service within 30 min
7. Real as in real friendly service

Only 2 comments to be mindful

1. High internet rates per day - alittle disappointing now that most hotels do offer free wifi
2. Room wasnt the biggest - not very clear on the hotels website

Despite that, I would recommend this property, it really showcases true five star hospitality

Will come back again !

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Redrockpty
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Having stayed previously at this hotel rather regularly a while bag for work, I decided to stay again this time for two nights over a weekend to watch Tosca at the Opera House. A little glitch on check in when I arrive spot on 3pm (check in time) and my room wasn't ready. The reception staff were very apologetic and while they sorted matters out offered free drinks at the bar - standard, but they did the most to make the situation palatable (service at the bar was exceptional and the bar tender makes a good Rusty Nail). When I did get the keys twenty minutes later, the room was perfect with no issues. The hotel is a very short walk to the Opera House and Circular Quay and was most convenient. For those who thrive on internet access (like me), there is a charge - something I hope all hotels start including for free. However, in line with my previous experiences I enjoyed high quality services throughout my stay which was comfortable and enjoyable, and was also impressed by a room service menu which had increased considerably from my last stay. I think I'll definitely continue to have Four Seasons as my first choice of hotel in Sydney and would recommend others to do the same.

Room Tip: I prefer to stay in the 'Grand Premiere' rooms which are in the corners of the hotel and are...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Spent 3 nights at the Four Seasons last week, Service from arrival was fantastic. Check in was a bit poor, as you had to queue up. Room was rather small, but furnished very well. I had Opera House Views, was a fantastic view. Hotel was busy, but felt quiet. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and will return for another visit. The Woods restaurant was fantastic, the sommelier was great, paired our dinner with a beautiful bottle of wine. The Grain bar was my highlight, fantastic service, perfect set up, and the 'Zombie' cocktail was divine. Needless to say I had many 'Zombies' at this Bar.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed at this beautiful hotel the night before catching our cruise ship out of Sydney. Yes, the rooms are fairly small, but they are beautifully appointed and the views of Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge and Circular Quay are absolutely fantastic. We booked two rooms, and one wasn't quite ready when we checked in, so we were given an upgrade to a full harbour view room. It was absolutely spectacular. I recommend upgraded to the Executive Club - we went up for pre-dinner drinks and canapés on the Friday night and were not disappointed. The quality of the food was superb, the ambience of the room was lovely and the view of the city lights very nice. We really enjoyed the freedom to be able to serve our own drinks and food and cannot recommend the experience enough. It is a must do when visiting the hotel. Would definitely stay here again - well done to all.

Room Tip: make sure you get a partial harbour or full harbour view if you can - it will blow you away......
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family