“Great stay to watch the Opera”

Four Seasons Hotel Sydney
Ranked #34 of 181 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Having stayed previously at this hotel rather regularly a while bag for work, I decided to stay again this time for two nights over a weekend to watch Tosca at the Opera House. A little glitch on check in when I arrive spot on 3pm (check in time) and my room wasn't ready. The reception staff were very apologetic and while they sorted matters out offered free drinks at the bar - standard, but they did the most to make the situation palatable (service at the bar was exceptional and the bar tender makes a good Rusty Nail). When I did get the keys twenty minutes later, the room was perfect with no issues. The hotel is a very short walk to the Opera House and Circular Quay and was most convenient. For those who thrive on internet access (like me), there is a charge - something I hope all hotels start including for free. However, in line with my previous experiences I enjoyed high quality services throughout my stay which was comfortable and enjoyable, and was also impressed by a room service menu which had increased considerably from my last stay. I think I'll definitely continue to have Four Seasons as my first choice of hotel in Sydney and would recommend others to do the same.

Room Tip: I prefer to stay in the 'Grand Premiere' rooms which are in the corners of the hotel and are...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (6,199)

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Spent 3 nights at the Four Seasons last week, Service from arrival was fantastic. Check in was a bit poor, as you had to queue up. Room was rather small, but furnished very well. I had Opera House Views, was a fantastic view. Hotel was busy, but felt quiet. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and will return for another visit. The Woods restaurant was fantastic, the sommelier was great, paired our dinner with a beautiful bottle of wine. The Grain bar was my highlight, fantastic service, perfect set up, and the 'Zombie' cocktail was divine. Needless to say I had many 'Zombies' at this Bar.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed at this beautiful hotel the night before catching our cruise ship out of Sydney. Yes, the rooms are fairly small, but they are beautifully appointed and the views of Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge and Circular Quay are absolutely fantastic. We booked two rooms, and one wasn't quite ready when we checked in, so we were given an upgrade to a full harbour view room. It was absolutely spectacular. I recommend upgraded to the Executive Club - we went up for pre-dinner drinks and canapés on the Friday night and were not disappointed. The quality of the food was superb, the ambience of the room was lovely and the view of the city lights very nice. We really enjoyed the freedom to be able to serve our own drinks and food and cannot recommend the experience enough. It is a must do when visiting the hotel. Would definitely stay here again - well done to all.

Room Tip: make sure you get a partial harbour or full harbour view if you can - it will blow you away......
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CONNIEM66
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed two nights in a City Harbour View Room with Executive access. Nothing to complain about the room was great, stylish furnishings and bathroom, comfortable bed, a good TV with plenty of stations & clear picture. Executive Club was fantastic with self service bar & canapés from 5pm till 8pm also with breakfast included. The Hotel is in a great position at the Rocks close to all the action.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2013

You can't complain when you open your window and see the harbor and the Opera House from your window. Fantastic Four Seasons property. Check-in was a little clumsy. Beyond that, the upgraded suites were large and always perfectly cleaned. We took advantage of the executive lounge for cocktails and snacks each evening before hitting the town. Great location!

Room Tip: Upgrade and ask for Harbor view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Matthew L
Reviewed July 14, 2013

we managed to bad a great deal on travelzoo for which we only paid $260 for a harbour view room and free access to the club lounge and free buffet breakfast. normally this is around 500 smackers! location is 2nd to none. right next to circular quay. the buffet breakfast was amazing. the rooms were luxurious, smart and modern. my 'harbour'view was slightly lacking - i should imagine i was given the worst one of the bunch given the low amount i paid so fair enough. the club lounge was great. free flowing drink, great nibbles in the afternoon and canapes in the evening. you could almost just eat dinner here and not dine at a restaurant thus saving even more money. i felt the swimming pool area could do with a facelift, though the changing rooms complete with sauna and steam room were very smart.

free internet was also a bonus on their 2/3rd floor area but internet was very very slow

yes i would return, but only if i found another cheap deal like this. feel sorry for all the suckers who were paying double the amount i was

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed here for business. Would only come here for personal if I was treating myself. It is a lovely place to stay. Loved my room. Such good quality bed and bedding.
I did not have breakfast at the hotel as we had an early start the following morning. Train station just across the road - ideal for quick trip to international airport.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business