“very very comfortable”

Ranked #29 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
australia
“very very comfortable”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stayed for a conference for only one night sadly. Bedding great quality and comfortable. Smallish room, with only a snippet of a view out of the window, did however have a well appointed bathroom with beautiful L'Occitane toiletries. Nice conference facilities too. Was very pleasant in the morning with a grand piano playing int the foyer adjacent to the Breakfast area. Very close to CIrcular Quay and the Rock, make it a terrific location for visitors to Sydney.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,445)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
chch nz
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Class, exceptional standards, great views and great location. If you only do one 5 star in your life, make it this one!

Unbelievable views from higher floors, great room with everything you could want. The room wasn't the largest in the world but who cares when you have such luxury. Staff are professional and attentive.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This was the worst of the Four Seasons I've been to globally. It looks like it was built as a Hilton/Holiday Inn and Four Seasons took over. Service is good but not great. Pool is small and looks like holiday Inn style. The famous L'Occitane toiletries got switched out on 7/3/13 and it's now an Aussie brand smelling of sandlewood, cinnamon, with the shampoo in neon blue liquid like toxic waste.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MissingMoments
David_Macklin, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear Bebecatt,

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback regarding your recent experience at Four Seasons Hotel Sydney.

I apologise that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. We take guest satisfaction very seriously, and hope we can welcome you back in future to show you why we are a leading five-star hotel in Sydney.

I would love to further hear your thoughts on our rooms, and would welcome you to email me directly at david.macklin@fourseasons.com

With kind regards,
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed in the Four Seasons in February for 5 nights. Luckily, we scored a corner room with a breathtaking view of the Opera House. The room was well appointed and chic. The staff was attentive and the latte/cappuccino machine in the lobby was awesome. However, the hotel's pool and spa was not what I expected at a Four Seasons (except maybe the price of my pedicure). It sits right below the elevated freeway and looks more like a motel pool - it was dated and very uninviting. I was surprised and definitely not what I expected at a Four Seasons.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
David_Macklin, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear cab2012,

Thank you for writing your review following your recent stay and I am pleased overall your stay was enjoyed and you found our rooms and staff to be of a high standard.

I am very sorry that you were disappointed in the pool and spa, and if there's any further feedback you wish to share, please contact me directly at david.macklin@fourseasons.com.

I do hope we can welcome you back again to Sydney very soon.

Palmerston North
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed at the Four Seasons for 2 weeks - 1 week for a conference and then a week for a break away. The room, the staff, the service could not have been better. I needed the room re-configured with more of an office desk setup, as I had a lot of course work to do in the evenings. The staff got straight on to it and within 30 mins of checking in and making the request it was done, just awesome, they just knew what I needed without any more input and got it done; very professional. The room was maintained and serviced to an immaculate standard and really felt like a home away from home.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
David_Macklin, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Hamish R,

Thank you for sharing your review with us, it’s extremely pleasing to read that you had a great stay with us. I will pass on your wonderful comments to the Housekeeping team.

We look forward to having you return to Four Seasons Hotel Sydney for another great stay.

Thank you again.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed one night using Amex points while in transit from Cairns back to the US via Sydney. The location was quite good - close to the Rocks, Circular Quay, Opera House. It was rainy that day and we could easily get an umbrella to use. The staff was very friendly and helpful.
Since we used points, we didn't expect a great view (it was a city view room) and we didn't get one. It faced an office building, but since it was only one night it didn't matter. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was nicely designed, with separate bathtub and shower stall. However, the fan was really loud and it was activated by closing the door, so there was no way to shut that off at night unless I chose to leave the door open. I guess it wouldn't be a problem if I was traveling alone. But then I wouldn't have to worry about waking up my travel companion. Haha!
The room was on the small side (comparable to the Hilton in Sydney where we stayed five nights prior) but we had everything we needed.
The problem with a Four Seasons is that you expect a certain (very high) level of satisfaction, and it was very hard to be wowed when the expectation was so high. Hence the four circles rating.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TorontoMao
Dear TorontoMao,

Thank you for writing your review following your recent stay and I am pleased overall your stay was enjoyed and you found our staff to be of a high standard.

I am very sorry though that you found the fan noisy. I will look into that room to make sure that the fan is in working order, and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I do hope we can welcome you back again to Sydney very soon.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I usually stay for business but this time is weekend escaped. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay, staff are all exceptional in customer service and friendly. great location and just a minute away from the famous sydney harbour. highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business