“Still The Best”

Four Seasons Hotel Sydney
Ranked #29 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel since 1983, and it never disaapoints. The staff and service is great. The junior suite overlooking the harbor maybe the best view in the city. Room service is fast and efficient.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Hotel Sydney

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I completely underestimated the Four Seasons. I thought because we purchased the minimum room rate, that we wouldn't get the most the hotel could offer but we were completely surprised and amazed at the overall service the hotel supplied us with. As usual, requests can never be guaranteed, however all the requests were met; an early check in, on the top 5 floors with a view (we originally had a room without a view, which we had booked but were transferred without a fuss) and a little something for my friends 21st (although it wasn't requested, just noted). Also within our purchase rate was breakfast which was great. I also organised some mini chocolates for my friend at midnight which they adhered to with ease (with extra charges) The only minor things I could pick on were the room sizes, but you get what you pay for, the beds could have been done better and they need another way to keep the hot food at breakfast warm. Overall, I'd easily give this hotel 5 stars and recommend it to anyone and everyone and would happily go back, superb value for money!

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Concierge was really helpful with recommending restaurants. Same applies to reception. Everything as one would expect from a Four Seasons, apart from the let-down at the breakfast. The buffet is more than amazing, offering a variety of international hot and cold dishes, however be prepared to wait for half an hour for your coffee. (I would prefer to have fewer choices at the buffet but a good cup of hot coffee). Also, the gym is a bit on the small side, but got everything you need.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The classic Australian family home. Cannot afford the full renovation, so the next best thing is to spread it over 30 years! Great location, but needs a total renovation to make it all consistent. They have dropped what used to be a classic 5 star 80s restaurant, Kables, for a typical gastro pub style restaurant, called Woods, probably stolen the theme from the breakfast buffet at Shangrila, which is kind of ok, but not what you would expect of you had stayed at a Four Seasons in Asia or LA.
rooms are stock standard Australian corporate hotels...boring.

Staff are good.

As noted, food is quite good, but not to die for.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I could not have been happier with my stay at the Four Seasons Sydney. The room was beautiful, the views were stunning, and the location was perfect. The hotel, located just across the street from the Circular Quay/Harbour, is an easy and LEVEL walk to the Opera House.

Why I chose this hotel? A family member visited Sydney last year and stayed at the Shangri-La. My family member noted that the Shangri-La was near the Four Seasons "but it was up a hill. You can't tell that when you're at the Circular Quay but the walk back to the Shangri-La was tiring. I wish that I would have stayed at the Four Seasons." So, I decided to try the Four Seasons and was glad that I did.

The breakfast buffet was expansive, delicious, and high quality. We had dinner at the hotel restaurant, The Woods, on one evening and the food was incredible. The Woods was packed with locals on the night we dined. If you're planning to have dinner at The Woods on the weekend, you need to secure a reservation ahead of time.

What I noticed about the other luxury properties in Sydney:
-Park Hyatt - Low rise building and does not appear to have full Harbour views.
-Observatory/Langham - Far walk and up "the hill" from the Harbour. It's called the Langham now but was the Observatory Hotel for years. Observatory - On top of the highest hill in the Rocks.
-Shangri-La - Near Four Seasons but my family member said the walk up the hill was difficult.

We had a fantastic stay at this luxury property. I was so happy that I made the decision to stay at the Four Seasons.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Luxury1Georgia
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Check in was handled in a most professional way. Suite was of a high standard and was spotless and very well maintained. Executive lounge is one of the largest I have come across. They even have a chef to cook hot meals for breakfast. Lounge is looked after by very accommodating staff where nothing was too much trouble. Great location not far from Circular Quay. Great views of the Harbour Bridge and the harbour. All in all a great stay.

Room Tip: High floors for a better view. Harbour view rooms have the best outlook.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Perfect location in Sydney for tourists and a very beautiful hotel. Visited from the Southern Highlands for a night with my two daughters to celebrate one of their birthdays. Booked in February for April stay, including spa treatments for all of us. Fortunately called the day before to confirm booking and spa reservations. No spa reservations at all, change of management, couldn't do anything for us. The girl we had originally booked with had taken my credit card details, so all in all a bit of a concern. Promised a call from the manager which still hasn't eventuated. Charging extra for parking on checkout, considering the expense of the hotel, not great either. View of the harbour from our room (which was huge and very well appointed) really only visible from the desk, despite a harbour view request. Up sell from reservations on check in for a Bridge AND Opera House view for an extra $100 or so a bit ordinary too, although we appreciated being able to get into our room before 3pm. Would be unlikely to stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family