“More than I expected” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #28 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“More than I expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

This Hotel is charming, inviting and just Gorgeous. Its in a great location, where it is just a stroll to all the major shops, Circular Quay and great restaurants.
I have stayed in Sydney at numerous Hotels, but this one stands out.
Check in process was fast, our room was nice with a view of the harbour and Sydney opera house.
I found room service fantastic as the food was great.
The spa is great, I had a facial and felt so relaxed and refreshed. If I had time to use the pool and steam rooms, I don't think I would have left.
The hair salon downstairs has professional hair stylists who could tame and manage my hair. For once in a very long time, I walked out extremely happy with the blow dry style i asked for.

Room Tip: harbour view room is always a good choice.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Louise S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,380)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Cheshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

Me and my partner stayed here for 4 nights. It was out first time to Sydney and first time to Australia so we wanted to treat ourselves so we chose the Four Seasons Sydney due to its luxurious looking rooms and good location.

Prior to arriving at the hotel, I pre-paid for the room in advance. I was aware of a 1.5% fee on credit card payments but I was not aware that the payment would be taken in multiple stages so on top of the 1.5% surcharge I also had two non-sterling charges from my bank (coming from the UK) I would have appreciated if this was advised to me in advance as I would of paid at the hotel if I had known.

The city view room was lovely and clean, great tea and coffee making facilities, bathroom, toiletries, large television and very comfortable big bed. The room was a little smaller than I was expecting but I guess this is because of its central location. Housekeeping were fantastic and cleaned the rooms very well, they were lovely and very polite. Our big window looking out to the city was amazing,

The hotel itself is very striking inside. The staff are very polite and helpful. We arrived much earlier than the check in time and we were in our room within 2 hours so excellent service from the staff. The self with our luggage almost immediately which was greatly appreciated after a very long flight from the UK. We were able to use the washrooms too.

When we arrived at the hotel and proceeded with check in, we were advised that there is currently an introductory rate which would be very beneficial to us. $90 for breakfast and wi-fi for the full 4 nights of our stay. We thought about it and then booked this the next morning. When we confirmed this the next morning we asked the reception staff to re-check the price was correct, which she did so we were not expecting a bill at the end of our stay for €90 X 3!! This was quickly dealt with once we mentioned what had happened.

The Wi-Fi can be quite slow and too much of a bother to arrange it. We spoke to 6 members of staff before we finally got our wi fi to log in correctly. A simple log in code would of done fine but it was much more complicated than that. We were told a few times that we should be able to log in now as this has been fixed for you and it still wasn't working. I would suggest avoiding the charge and use the free wi-fi in the city restaurants.

Breakfast in the executive lounge was fantastic. There was plenty of choice and the chef was brilliant. The daily specials that were cooked every morning by the chef was some of the best breakfast I have ever had! It was lovely to look out at the harbour every morning.

Overall I had an enjoyable stay, the hotel has a perfect location which you cannot fault. If I was to return to Sydney in the future, I would consider the Four Seasons again and I would recommend to others but I would be likely to try the Shangri La next door.

Room Tip: Take the 15 minute walk to Darling Harbour for great food and a great evening, Pre-book your arri...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Four Seasons for two nights in January arriving on the night of our wedding. Front desk and conceirge staff were fantastic - very helpful and fast.

Our room was great and the view was just amazing. We only ate room service but were quite impressed with the servings and the quality.

Am hoping to stay sometime again soon!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

The Four Seasons in Sydney was beautiful. It is in the perfect location, near Circular Quay and The Rocks. We could see the Opera House from our window. We had a city view room. The bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. Great size room with tea & coffee facilities and robes. Fabulous place.

Room Tip: We were on floor 7 with a city view. We could see the Opera House and part of the harbour.
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

Husband and I stayed the weekend of 7th Dec - 9th Dec 2012

We chose to stay at the Four Seasons because it was one the hotels in Sydney that we had not yet stayed in. We wanted to compare as we have previously at other 5 star hotels in Sydney. The Four Season service is stellar and for us, came out on top blowing the Intercontinental and Shangrila out of the water.

From the moment we arrived we were greeted and welcomed by their staff, our bags swiftly whisked away and check in was so pleasant - the best welcome we have experienced at any hotel in Australia.

Our room was ready when we arrived, which was much earlier than their official check in time. The room was a good size with a partial view of the opera house & sydney harbour.

Housekeeping was excellent and providided daily service + turn down service during the evening, which was so nice to come back to after returning from a late dinner.

Location is convenient - 2 min from Circular Quay station and bus stations, few minute walk to The Rocks and 15 min walking distance to Pitt St Mall shops.

If I wanted to be pedantic, I could mention;
- the windows were a little dirty .. but we were out and about exploring the city most of the time anyway
- we could hear sirens from the street below from our room from time to time
- free wi-fi is not provided complimentary in rooms, but they do have internet on the computers on level 3

Overall, the service the staff provides at the Four Seasons is truly friendly & genuine. We enjoyed our stay here very much and hope to return.

UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

Had a weeks stay with work and loved it.
Location was excellent and you will have to go a long way (and i just had) to beat the staff.
Was lucky and as a promotion they were offering Executive Lounge access for $A50 per night bearing in mind breakfast runs to 40 something and Internet which is pretty slow another 25, it was a no brainier. The staff in the lounge were the most helpful I think I have ever come across.
The Grain bar again had wonderful staff and great views if you like to people watch.
As long as you can negotiate a good rate then this place is a fantastic hotel to stay in whilst in Sydney

Room Tip: Go high for better views and get the train from the airport to circular quay, just over $A16 and ver...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

This hotel was ideal! I stayed for four nights as a solo female traveller. Walking distance to Circular Quay, all major shopping areas, The Rocks and Opera House. Area is also very safe at night, streets are well lit and quite busy. If you're able, pay for a full harbour view room, so worth it! I ordered room service for breakfast which could get me through the whole day, meals were lovely and filling. Staff were very friendly and professional. Room size (Deluxe)was fine for me, but two people might want to upgrade, although the bed was huge! Room serviced daily with turndown service. I would stay here again for the comfort, location and that view!!

Room Tip: Go for full harbour view room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo