“Wow! Beautiful hotel in an amazing location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Sydney

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Four Seasons Hotel Sydney
Ranked #28 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Perth, Australia
“Wow! Beautiful hotel in an amazing location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2011

Stayed for 6 nights in April 2011 for hubby's 40th celebration. Wonderful location an easy walk to the CBD, Circular Quay (for ferries, trains and buses) and the Harbour Bridge, and a comfortable walk to the Monorail.

What can I say? This hotel is the classiest, most beautiful hotel I've ever stayed in, and while it may not quite deserve the huge price tag, it's not far off. The king bed was exquisitely comfortable for me (but not quite so for the hubby who woke with a sore back every morning), however the (requested non-feather) foam pillows (crumbled foam and very lumpy) were not comfortable at all. The room was too warm and the air conditioning did not compensate at all. The bathroom was more than adequate, but I am tired of the determination in all hotels we've stayed at to put a "family" bathroom (with a tub) in a room clearly not adequate for family needs (ie, one suitable for singles and couples only) - they would be better served by putting in a really great shower and getting rid of the bath in at least half of the rooms...The L'Occitane products, however, were absolutely delightful - I loved them so much I have sourced them for my own personal use since returning to Perth!

Service was exemplary - from the doormen to the bellhops to the reception staff to the restaurant - I could not fault them at all. They even delivered a slice of chocolate mud cake complete with a birthday greeting for the hubby on the evening of his birthday! It was amazing and so unexpected!

Breakfast was lovely, if overpriced, and I was provided with an amazing gluten-free bread on request - which the Chef himself prepares on-site! I would thoroughly recommend this bread!

The cocktails in the bar were of average quality, but above-average prices - bordering on extortion, given the smaller-than-average size. Priced at AU$15, I expected something I could sink my teeth into, but instead got something quite thin and which appeared watered-down. I didn't order a second one.

I was unable to locate a gluten-free option in the dinner menu, and was unimpressed with the lack of choice, given the extremely high prices. Since there was no-one available to ask about gluten-free options, we ended up having to eat elsewhere.

I would recommend this hotel for anyone who needs to be close to everything (especially the Sydney Opera House where we had a formal event to attend) and who has plenty of money, as it is not inexpensive. But it *is* beautiful... I would not recommend it for families, especially with small children, as it really is not child-friendly at all.

Room Tip: Basic room is more than adequate, but Club Rooms are great value if you have the extra cash
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JadziaOz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,380)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dubai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2011

The location is close to all the main tourist attractions so you can walk everywhere.
We had a suite this time, but unfortunatley no view of the bridge, the room was lovely.
The front desk were very friendly and the concierge guys were excellent there wasnt anything they didnt know!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Wollongong, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2011

The service was of a high standard. The Hotel was beautiful and elegant. The location (The Rocks and Circular Quay) was wonderful.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2011

I stayed at the Four Seasons for three nights on a business trip.

All the staff in the lobby were great. Reception were friendly and helpful, the concierge was knowledgeable and the doorman gave me a few bottles of water when I returned from my run.

My room was only 15 floors up and didn't have a spectacularly great view but that didn't really matter, I just kept the blinds shut. The room itself was quite small but very comfortable and luxurious. The bed was massive and took up most of the floor space in the room. Very comfortable, too. There was also a desk and chair, an ottoman, and a little round armchair-type thing. The bathroom was nice and the shower worked well.

I ordered room service one night and it arrived promptly. The food was pretty good, to be expected! There is a turndown service every night which is a nice touch.

When I was there the pool was shut but apparently they had organised for guests to use the pool at the Marriott down the road. I didn't check out any of the gym facilities, preferring instead to make use of the fabulous location and go running around the rocks and the Botanic Gardens.

All in all I think the Four Seasons is everything it should be - it doesn't seem to be quite as luxurious or exclusive as I would have thought the brand to be elsewhere in the world but was a really nice place to stay in a beautiful location right on Circular Quay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

After a long day of meetings, driving around from meeeting to meeting there is no better place to have a good nights rest than the Four Seasons Hoel in Sydney. Their beds are so comfortable they would the competion a good run for their money.
Rooms are very quiet , well appointed with excelllent amenities in the bathroom.The location of this hotel is also very good, close to public transport should one need to use it as well as shopping and dining.

Room Tip: If you enjoy a martini then you must visit the lobby bar.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Fort Mill, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

My wife and I stayed at Kewarra Beach Resort just outside of Cairns in May 2011 as part of our Honeymoon. (sorry for the delay in the review) We were picked up at the airport in Cairns and after a short drive we arrived at Kewarra beach resort. The resort has a beautiful and modern main building that contains the bar, small gift shop/tourist info office, dining room and reception. On arrival we were greeted by a very helpful lady who gave us all sorts of info on the resort as well as some of the major attractions in the area. We were also informed that we could borrow one of two I-pads from the hotel at any time to keep in touch or plan trips print tickets etc. We were then shown to our villa which was sea and beach facing. The villa that we stayed in was about 100 yards away from the beach which was nice as the beach is a public beach that the resort happens to be on. The villa was basic but pretty and with the view and sense of nature that the resort sits in who was going to spend loads of time indoors? The villa had a nice verandah which I enjoyed sitting at in the evening drinking the very reasonably priced local beer.

The resort has two eating options, the main dining area and a beach bar/bbq. This beach bar is only open on certain evenings and again is public so a lot of the locals from the town come in which we thought was nice. The dining room is also open to local residents as well as guests in the evening and provides a buffet style breakfast in the mornings for guests. We ate dinner on our first night and the food was quite nice although we were both so jet lagged we nearly fell asleep at the table! It was reasonably pricey and we later discovered that there is a bus service that can take you into either Cairns or the next town North where there are other restaurants (you can also walk along the beach of you are brave). This isn’t to say you shouldn’t try the in-house food. Snacks from the bar are available during the day which is great for lounging on the beach and not having to move.

The really amazing thing about Kewarra is the wildlife and surroundings. One of the highlights for me (being a little bit of a nature nut) was to go on a quick tour of the grounds with the head groundkeeper who was able to fill me in on loads of cool facts about the local area. At night the resort would hum with activity from birds to insects to even a kangaroo that would come and eat its dinner 20 yards away from the villa! The beach is also outstanding being about 5 miles long with gorgeous sand and warm water, with the full bar service available it’s well worth a relaxing day there. If you are feeling adventurous I got up early for the sunrise from the beach and got some outstanding photos.

Finally I touched on using buses above and feel I should warn visitors that this hotel is quite far away from Cairns or any attractions and if you are not driving you really have to plan your day out in advance. We took three separate trips while we were there and the staff at Kewarra is ULTRA helpful with booking and planning these trips;
Port Douglas – Really quaint and pretty seaside town with a Sunday Craft market which is very nice and sizable, great beaches and some really good places to eat. You can arrange a bus to pick you up from Kewarra and drop you back but it will cost you a little bit of extra money.
Diving/Great Barrier Reef – We went with a trip organized thru the resort and a bus picked us up and took us to Cairns and bought us back.
Karrunda Skyrail – This trip was really neat it involves either a train or skyrail (like a cable car) journey to a village in the rainforest. There is a ton to do here; I even got my photo taken with a Koala bear. There are nature walks around the whole village and was a top pick of ours.

In summary I would say that Kewarra was great secluded little villa hotel that is an alternative to staying in a standard hotel in say Cairns. It is a little further from the action but that is the trade off you make for a more relaxed style. The staff were very friendly, helpful and attentive and made our stay a pleasure. Thanks for a great Honeymoon experience.

Room Tip: Get a harbor view as high up as possible for the best view!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Orange, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

My husband surprised me with a trip to Sydney and a night in your beautiful Hotel. He couldn't have made a better choice. The experience was complemented by the excellent service especially our attentive waiter at breakfast, beautiful room and view and amazingly comfortable bed.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple