Jan 05 was my third time staying at The Four Points Darling Harbour. I get to Sydney often on business but have very little personal time during the day to sightsee. I have to say this is the perfect location and walkable to great dining (1-2 blks), strolling on the harbour (1 blks), chinatown and parks (2-4 blks), shopping (across the bridge), getting to the train at Townhall Station (3-4 blks), Circular Quay ferries/Opera House (5-8 blks), downtown shopping (5 blks) and The Rocks (5-8 blks). Sydney is such a friendly city that anyone will help you with directions. If you have just a little time this hotel is perfectly central and I will stay there again.
As for the hotel, you must get the Harbour view, it's worth the premium. To look out on the water and the twinling lights of the city... ahh breathtaking. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The hotel seems to have been upgraded about 3-4 years ago and does show some wear. The modern furnishings and bed are very comfortable. But the best hotel feature is the concierge who can work magic with last minute dinner reservations- even on Australia Day, the busiest night of the year in Darling Harbour. (Thank you Four Points Concierge!)
For a great insider tip- join the Starwood Preferred Guest or Starwood Preferred Business program with an Starwood Amex card and earn 2-3 points per dollar spent. Redeem a night for 5-20K points per night. It has greater rewards and quicker rewards than Airline FF programs. No, I don't work for Starwood.
Well Enjoy Sydney! Buy flowers in the subway station, figure out what a short black is, catch some rugby on TV, eat some John Dory, and by all means, drink Australian wine every night!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Everything you need to travel the way you like. Located adjacent to Darling Harbour in Sydney's Central Business District (CBD), our hotel is a haven of relaxation for the business or leisure traveler. As Sydney's largest hotel, Hyatt Regency Sydney (formerly a Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour)boasts 892 guestrooms, three dining experiences, and 3,450 square metres of flexible meeting space. We invite you to enjoy an unparalleled Australian getaway. Hyatt Regency Sydney has the facilities to cater for all your needs. This includes complimentary Wi-Fi, tour services, laundry services, convenient room service, 24-hour front desk, limousine service, car rentals, parking (for a fee) and babysitting services - We can help you with all of that! Plus our guests have complimentary access to a 24-hour fitness centre. Hungry? Enjoy a tasty meal in a casual setting. The Sailmaker features 272 seats and an Australian-inspired menu. The Rooftop Bar, an open-air rooftop lounge (opening late December), offers guests unparalleled views of Darling Harbour. The Lobby Bar is located in the lobby and serves coffee, tea, snacks, and alcoholic beverages, while the Regency Club Lounge (opening late December) offers Regency Club guests a daily continental breakfast and all-day refreshments. At any hour of day, room service is available with an extensive menu. Our guest rooms feature comfortable beds, large flat screen TVs, cable television, movies on-demand, over sized work desk, complimentary Wi-Fi, in-room safe, air conditioning, alarm clock, wake-up service, hairdryer, tea & coffee making facilities, and a free weekday newspaper (on-demand). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation and Travelocity so you can book your Hyatt Regency Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Darling Harbour Hotel Sydney
- 4 Points By Sheraton Darling Harbour
- Four Points Darling Harbour
- Four Points Sydney
- Sheraton Sydney
- Sydney Four Points
- Sydney Sheraton