“Excellent location” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #79 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Excellent location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Thi.s hotel is in the centre of wherever you need to be in Sydney. A short walk across the bridge to Darling Harbour which comes to life at night with excellent bars and restaurants. Walking out the hotel the other way, five minute walk and you are in the centre of town. We took the tour bus on our first day which gave us a great idea where we wanted to be. Although a big hotel, we found the staff to be attentive and always felt as though our comfort and enjoyment was their first concern. We were upgraded to one of their newly furbished rooms which was lovely. We arrived approx 11.30am and our room was ready at 1.00pm where we found our luggage already there.
Big comfy bed with good quality linens. Breakfast was good with a wide variety of produce on offer to set you up for the day

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 786ChrissyH
FPSS, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Sydney, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Hi 786ChrissyH,

Thank you for your excellent feedback and taking some of your valuable time to post a favourable review on Tripadvisor! We are glad that you had a wonderful and pleasant stay at our hotel and we very much appreciate your complimentary remarks regarding all facets of your visit. Further, we are pleased to learn that everything we offered you along your stay was met to your satisfaction. It is indeed reassuring to learn that our associates took care of you to ensure you have a comfortable and uncomplicated stay. I will surely share your positive feedback with the whole team and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour when you are next travelling our way.

David Fraser

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (968)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Adelaide, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

The stay didn't get off too well when, at check-in, I was asked to come back in 40 minutes because the room wasn't ready. It's a 3pm check-in (itself later than many hotels) and that's what time it was when I was checking in, so why should I be expected to come back later? The receptionist seemed to think it was a reasonable enough request, which pretty much sums up the mentality that customers should fit in with the hotel's operations and not the other way around.

I was found a different room and suspect I got an inferior substitute; it was average and overlooked the office block and car park opposite.

With an early start the following morning I decided that evening to order room serice. Now I expect prices to be bumped up a bit, but $28 for a club sandwich? Then I noticed that room service attracts an additional $7 delivery charge ... I decided to eat out.

The concierge workers should be put in charge of the customer service training - they were the best thing about the hotel.

I stayed on business and my employer picked up the bill but I'd not stay there again and wouldn't spend my own cash on such poor service and rip off prices.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jim C
FPSS, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sydney, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Hi Jim C,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear of your disappointment and please accept our sincere apologies for the lapse in service and inconvenience caused. One of the primary aims of online review is to highlight areas where we failed to meet our guest expectations and we appreciate you taking the time to post your views and providing us with feedback on Tripadvisor. Rest assured, your feedback is important to us and I have shared your constructive comments with the related departments for their attention and follow up. I also note your comments regarding our in-room dining pricing which we benchmark with other CBD hotels in the same category. On the other hand, thank you for the kind words you mentioned on our Concierge team. We hope your concerns on this occasion will not discourage you from staying with us again and should you allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel, please let me know so I can assist with your accommodation requirements and ensure you have a pleasant stay.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Stayed at this hotel on business for 3 nights. Harbor view room had a spectacular view. The staff was friendly and helpful. Housekeeping could use more training, however. The rooms were not really cleaned well and bath linens were replaced with dirty ones. Overall, I would stay here again.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sailon888
FPSS, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sydney, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Hi sailon888,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review online. Your comments on our excellent location, amazing views and caring associates are much appreciated. On the other hand, we are sorry to hear about the room servicing and please accept our sincere apologies. This is not typical of our high cleaning standards and rest assured I have shared your comments with our Executive Housekeeper for her attention and follow up with the team. Thank you for the gift of feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back sometime soon, either for business or leisure.

Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

I went to the Sydney Boat Show on business and my company booked me in here. Brilliant location, only a short walk from the show with lots of restaurants and bars on the way.

I only had breakfast one morning but it was fine. My only complaint is if you're going to serve sausages please don't only provide chicken!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
FPSS, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sydney, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Tom I,

Thank you for your favourable review and appreciating our great location. Indeed, we are in one of Sydney’s top spots, a short stroll to the beautiful Darling Harbour and many exciting local attractions and entertainment venues. Your constructive comments on your breakfast experience are well taken and I have shared them with our Executive Chef. We trust you enjoyed the Boat Show and look forward to welcoming you back to the Four Points by Sheraton Sydney sometime soon.

Maffra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed four nights and I just can not fault this place. Checkin was easy and friendly, we were asked if we would like to have our luggage brought up to the room the moment we walked near the large front doors.The entrance of Four Points is beautiful. We were in a city view room, I didn't expect amazing city views as I have stayed in many places that say this and know often that means looking at a building, and thats what it was just a bullding, but that was fine, it wasn't ugly. The room was just lovely, the bathroom was excellent. The towels were so thick and felt lovely. The bed was brilliant,very comfortable. The location is great walked to the city mall in 20 min (I have injury so walk slow) a five to ten minute walk to the harbour. Loads of places to eat, loads of things to see.We had a little problem with the internet in our room, so they sent up a technican, a lovely touch was that when we arrived back in our room we were left a gift and lovely letter of apology. Impressed!! I was surprised at how clean the toilets were in the main foyer area of Four Points ,I Would stay again in a heart beat!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear BelAraratAustralia,

We’re very thrilled to read your excellent review! Thank you for sharing your insights and impressions of your recent stay at our hotel and posting your positive comments on Tripadvisor. It is truly delightful and reassuring to know that you were pleased with all aspects of your stay and that our associates looked after you to ensure your stay was enjoyable and uncomplicated. Your highlights on our great and convenient location, comfortable rooms, cleanliness of the hotel and the caring service of our associates are much appreciated. We certainly look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Four Points by Sheraton when you are next travelling our way.

Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

I stayed here for two nights, Check in was fairly fast and the staff were friendly. I had a "city view" room which meant looking at the car park across the road, there is no view; however the room was nice and quite large, it had all the bits that I needed, with a good size bed, and the best part was that it was quiet, I heard very little from outside the room or next door.
Great location a very easy walk over the road into Darling Harbour and all that it offers. I walked from the train station to the hotel which took about 10 minutes so it is easy to get to.

Now the poor part: the breakfast and buffet lunch were average at best, breakfast had one type of egg and it may have been powdered?? The cooked side of breakfast was not appetising, I ate Cereal and fruit and I love a cooked breakfast.
Lunch if not already paid for I would have missed, it did have seafood – Prawns and Crab; however I didn’t want seafood and had very little choice of anything else and ended with boiled potato, 2 other veg and a small piece of dried out beef, when I asked for mint source or any source/gravy I was informed that there were no available, shame the steamed veg needed something.

Overall the Restaurant was disappointing, good for my weight loss program but not what I expected from a Sheraton (perhaps management should have a look at the Sheraton on the park Sydney or Sheraton on the spit Gold Coast for some ideas and standards)

This is a very nice hotel, clean tidy and the staff were very good – but all let down by the food.

Room Tip: Try getting a room overlooking Darling Harbour, otherwise it's the Car park or Gym across the ro...
1 Thank wizard60
FPSS, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sydney, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear wizard60,

Thank you for your review and taking the time to share your impressions of your stay. Guest feedback is important to us and we appreciate both your positive and constructive remarks. We are glad to hear that you were pleased with our excellent location, well-appointed rooms, and your uncomplicated check-in experience. On the other hand, we are sorry to learn of your disappointment with your dining experience and we sincerely apologise for not meeting your expectations in this area. We have performed many initiatives in our venues and rest assured, we are committed to continuously making improvements to enhance the guest experience. I have shared your valuable feedback with our Executive Chef and Director of Food & Beverage for their attention and review. Thank you for the gift of feedback and we hope your less than satisfactory dining experience will not discourage you from visiting us again. We hope we can welcome you back sometime in the future.

melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

The hotel is in Darling Harbour so a sensational location
, walking distance to just about everything- ferries, restaurants, The Rocks, Circular Quay etc. Conference facility was adequate but not brilliant. Room with a view of the water would have been nice, but clean and comfortable, with all you expect from the Sheraton. Buffet breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for water view( but you'll pay accordingly
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
FPSS, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sydney, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear expatmelbourne,

Thank you for posting a review on Tripadvisor. We are very fortunate to be located in one of Sydney’s best locations, a short stroll to many of the city’s highlights and iconic attractions. We are pleased to know that your overall stay with us was to your satisfaction. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour sometime soon.