I stayed here for two nights, Check in was fairly fast and the staff were friendly. I had a "city view" room which meant looking at the car park across the road, there is no view; however the room was nice and quite large, it had all the bits that I needed, with a good size bed, and the best part was that it was quiet, I heard very little from outside the room or next door.
Great location a very easy walk over the road into Darling Harbour and all that it offers. I walked from the train station to the hotel which took about 10 minutes so it is easy to get to.
Now the poor part: the breakfast and buffet lunch were average at best, breakfast had one type of egg and it may have been powdered?? The cooked side of breakfast was not appetising, I ate Cereal and fruit and I love a cooked breakfast.
Lunch if not already paid for I would have missed, it did have seafood – Prawns and Crab; however I didn’t want seafood and had very little choice of anything else and ended with boiled potato, 2 other veg and a small piece of dried out beef, when I asked for mint source or any source/gravy I was informed that there were no available, shame the steamed veg needed something.
Overall the Restaurant was disappointing, good for my weight loss program but not what I expected from a Sheraton (perhaps management should have a look at the Sheraton on the park Sydney or Sheraton on the spit Gold Coast for some ideas and standards)
This is a very nice hotel, clean tidy and the staff were very good – but all let down by the food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Everything you need to travel the way you like. Located adjacent to Darling Harbour in Sydney's Central Business District (CBD), our hotel is a haven of relaxation for the business or leisure traveler. As Sydney's largest hotel, Hyatt Regency Sydney (formerly a Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour)boasts 892 guestrooms, three dining experiences, and 3,450 square metres of flexible meeting space. We invite you to enjoy an unparalleled Australian getaway. Hyatt Regency Sydney has the facilities to cater for all your needs. This includes complimentary Wi-Fi, tour services, laundry services, convenient room service, 24-hour front desk, limousine service, car rentals, parking (for a fee) and babysitting services - We can help you with all of that! Plus our guests have complimentary access to a 24-hour fitness centre. Hungry? Enjoy a tasty meal in a casual setting. The Sailmaker features 272 seats and an Australian-inspired menu. The Rooftop Bar, an open-air rooftop lounge (opening late December), offers guests unparalleled views of Darling Harbour. The Lobby Bar is located in the lobby and serves coffee, tea, snacks, and alcoholic beverages, while the Regency Club Lounge (opening late December) offers Regency Club guests a daily continental breakfast and all-day refreshments. At any hour of day, room service is available with an extensive menu. Our guest rooms feature comfortable beds, large flat screen TVs, cable television, movies on-demand, over sized work desk, complimentary Wi-Fi, in-room safe, air conditioning, alarm clock, wake-up service, hairdryer, tea & coffee making facilities, and a free weekday newspaper (on-demand). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Hyatt Hotels Corporation so you can book your Hyatt Regency Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Darling Harbour Hotel Sydney
- 4 Points By Sheraton Darling Harbour
- Four Points Darling Harbour
- Four Points Sydney
- Sheraton Sydney
- Sydney Four Points
- Sydney Sheraton