Much depends on your activities in Sydney - if you are focussed on conventions or exhibitions at Darling Harbour, this is very suitable as it is only a 10 minute walk. Similarly, it is only a few minutes from the CBD and retailing.
It is one of Sydney's biggest hotels and some may say impersonal but I have been many times and always love the welcome from Tony at the front door who makes you feel like a long lost friend. Similarly as a frequent guest, I normally get a good room and I love the views over Darling Harbour
I used to hate the parking problems but that has been solved with specific spots for Sheraton guests just over the road.
If I have any gripes, it is the lack of a swimming pool and the expensive buffet breakfast but I just accept these as a trade-off against the benefits.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Everything you need to travel the way you like. Located adjacent to Darling Harbour in Sydney's Central Business District (CBD), our hotel is a haven of relaxation for the business or leisure traveler. As Sydney's largest hotel, Hyatt Regency Sydney (formerly a Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour)boasts 892 guestrooms, three dining experiences, and 3,450 square metres of flexible meeting space. We invite you to enjoy an unparalleled Australian getaway. Hyatt Regency Sydney has the facilities to cater for all your needs. This includes complimentary Wi-Fi, tour services, laundry services, convenient room service, 24-hour front desk, limousine service, car rentals, parking (for a fee) and babysitting services - We can help you with all of that! Plus our guests have complimentary access to a 24-hour fitness centre. Hungry? Enjoy a tasty meal in a casual setting. The Sailmaker features 272 seats and an Australian-inspired menu. The Rooftop Bar, an open-air rooftop lounge (opening late December), offers guests unparalleled views of Darling Harbour. The Lobby Bar is located in the lobby and serves coffee, tea, snacks, and alcoholic beverages, while the Regency Club Lounge (opening late December) offers Regency Club guests a daily continental breakfast and all-day refreshments. At any hour of day, room service is available with an extensive menu. Our guest rooms feature comfortable beds, large flat screen TVs, cable television, movies on-demand, over sized work desk, complimentary Wi-Fi, in-room safe, air conditioning, alarm clock, wake-up service, hairdryer, tea & coffee making facilities, and a free weekday newspaper (on-demand). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Expedia, Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your Hyatt Regency Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Darling Harbour
- Four Points By Sheraton Darling Harbour Hotel Sydney
- Four Points Darling Harbour
- Four Points Sydney
- Sheraton Sydney
- Sydney Four Points
- Sydney Sheraton