“Another wonderful stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #79 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Newcastle, Australia
“Another wonderful stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

We had another wonderful night at the four points.
as usual the service was faultless and Dinner and breakfast was first class.

We stayed in the newly refurbished harbour view room with balcony the view at night is second to none.

Hope to stay again soon

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FPSS, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sydney, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Hi Shazza783,

Thanks for the excellent review! I appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience on our website and I am thrilled to read that we have met your expectations, and our service delighted you. I hope your nice impression will bring you back to our hotel on your next stay in Sydney, hopefully soon.

Steve Molnar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (968)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

Four Points Sheraton located at the heart of Sydney in Darling Harbor, is not really a luxury hotel, rooms are good but not lavish like you would expect at a Sheraton property. The location is what makes this hotel a standout, situated at walking distance from the harbor, it's extremely well connected with all sorts of transport - buses or ferries. The buffet breakfast at 35$ although a little expensive is extremely elaborate and well worth the money if you have the appetite and the time to enjoy it. Don't bother taking the harbor view room as you would spend a lot of time at the harbor anyways in case you enjoy taking ferry rides... :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi Manasibansal,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Four Points by Sheraton Sydney. Darling Harbour. I am delighted to read that you were very pleased with our great location and breakfast buffet. I appreciate both your constructive and positive comments as the comfort of our guests and our service delivery is a key focus for us. You may appreciate to know that we have just completed the first stage of our refurbishment and we are excited for our guests to experience them which we hope you may be able to try the next time you are in Sydney. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

I had been traveling in Sydney for business and my husband flew out to meet me for a weekend getaway. We had transfered from the hotel I had been staying at as there were no rooms available. We arrived early thinking we would have to leave bags, however the front desk was able to check us in promptly. A few key points:

I found guest services to be very professional and willing to help. Conceirge services were able to get us a Saturday night booking for dinner that afternoon! (And the recommended restaurant was fantastic!)

Taxis were always at the front area - even at 6:30A on a Sunday, for our 7A Opera House tour.

The rooms was very spacious (King - floor 42) and the bed was extremely comfortable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
FPSS, Manager at Hyatt Regency Sydney, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Hi Kari M,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us at the Four Points by Sheraton Sydney. Darling Harbour. I am delighted to read that you were very pleased with our great location, the comfort of our guest room and the fine service you received from our associates. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future. Thank you once again for providing such a positive review.

Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

Thankfully I only stayed for one night as the room was incredibly basic and odd. The bathroom had one of those rubber mats in it and a curtain around the shower, no shower base so the water goes all over the bathroom. If you choose not to have the buffet for breakfast, the menu is brief and very expensive. I guess you get what you pay for....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Hi PHOAustralia,

We are grateful you have taken the time to review our hotel. I appreciate both your positive and constructive feedback as they assist us in making future improvements. I am sorry to hear that some aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations. Customer satisfaction is a huge focus at our hotel and rest assured we are continuously reviewing our product and facilities and committed to making improvements to enhance our guest stay. You may appreciate to know that we have just completed the first stage of our refurbishment and we are excited for our guests to experience them which we hope you may be able to try the next time you are in Sydney. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for a weekend getaway and thoroughly enjoyed my time there. From the moment we arrived I found the service to be nothing short of outstanding. The room had a great view of darling Harbour and the bed was very comfortable. Recommended for those with a slightly higher budget but worth it.
Don't bother with the rip off bottle store across the road though. Wine you can get at supermarket for $13 they were charging $40 for. I don't know how they get away with it.

• Stayed December 2012
Hi Gavin,
Thank you for your review and taking the time to post your views on Tripadvisor. It is pleasing to read that you appreciated our service. I will be sure to pass on these kind words to the entire team. Thanks again for the feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour in the future.

Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

I stayed one night inn Four Points, the location of the hotel is good only couple of minutes to darling harbour. However, my stay was not as expected.
After checking in me and my wife noticed that the room is not clean. The trash can has an old eaten apple!!! The bathroom was not clean. In my way out for lunch I told the front desk and they said they will send someone to clean the room again. We returned very late to find our room still as it is, they only emptied the trash can!!! I was very angry and disappointed. This is not the service of a Sheraton or a Four Points.
The hotel is over priced for room and services.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Hi Hietham,

Thank you for your review. I am concerned to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us and I apologise for the service lapses and the inconvenience caused. The comfort of our guests is important to us and I have shared your comments with our Housekeeping department head for their follow up with their teams to ensure all areas of the guest room are detailed. This is not the type of service that our guests are accustomed to and I regret that we have not been consistent in delivering our on-brand service. Again, thank you for the gift of feedback and I hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion, you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the future. If so please feel free to contact me personally so I may assist with your requirements and ensure your next stay with us is a pleasant and enjoyable one.

Newport Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

This is a mid-scale hotel - no more, no less. The room was fine, but lacked the amenties and services I expect from regular Sheraton. The room staff got a few things wrong every day, causing us to call Housekeeping, etc. every day. Nonetheless, our requests were generally well attended to. The Concierges are knowledgable and helpful. Only a short walk to major bus and rail lines as well as walking distance to the central shopping district.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Hi SunshineGirl,

Thank you for taking the time to post your reviews on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your constructive comments and I do apologise for not meeting all your expectations and for any inconvenience caused. We value your patronage and loyalty and we do our best efforts to recognise our guests needs. I would like to ensure that your next stay with us is more comfortable and uncomplicated. Please contact me so I may assist with your requirements and ensure your next stay with us is a pleasant and enjoyable one. We hope to welcome you back to the Four Points by Sheraton Sydney, Darling Harbour.