“A cool hotel in a great location”

Establishment Hotel
Ranked #68 of 174 Hotels in Sydney
Chicago
“A cool hotel in a great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

We researched multiple hotels and settled on the Establishment after reading reviews on TripAdvisor, and I'm so glad we did! The hotel was perfect for our stay in Sydney. Between the location and the in-house bars, we weren't far from a fun night out and we were on our honeymoon, so we went out every night.

The noise was minimal and our room was cleaned without incident. And as an American, I loved the fresh baked chocolate chip cookies left in our room each day!

• Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RobertsonTaylor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Hong Kong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

the hotel room is great, very spacious. however, i could still hear the music from the bars even with all the windows shut! lucky it was not that bad.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank quitter
Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2009

Travelling back and forth to Sydney every weekend I experience different hotels all the time. This place is very comfortable, but you could go to another hotel and have a similar experience with 1/3 of the cost. Hotel staff were pleasant, food was nice, but when you pay this much it should be. Stayed over the weekend, went to the bar downstairs and a doorman with short man syndrome said i couldnt get in because i wasnt on this fake guest list. When I told him i was paying $1200 for one of the rooms he let me in. Very unprofessional. You only remember the bad experiences and although the quality of the hotel is nice, the same cant be said for some of their staff.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank JonesTheBartender
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2009

Travelling to Sydney for business from the UK I had been booked into the Kirketon for business but read some poor reviews about it being shabby so decided to take a punt on Establisment based on the reviews on Tripadvisor and also Tablet Hotels. Absoultely brilliant hotel, rooms are so large they would be classed as penthouses in UK or US cities, like new also. Very contempary design but still felt very comfortable, similar feel to Viceroy in Santa Monica. Very happy I chose this place would recommend 110%.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2009

I stayed at the Establishment Hotel with my girlfriend, and we both absolutely loved it. The hotel has a very hip, boutique feel to it, and we found the staff (Rebekah, Dee, and Jamie) to be extremely friendly and helpful. There a multiple clubs/bars/lounges/etc. in the hotel, and from what we could tell they were some of the hippest and coolest in the city. If you're looking for a more cookie-cutter, traditional feeling hotel, this isn't the place for you. But if you're young, hip and wanting a cool, boutique experience, this is a great spot. Oh, and my girlfriend loved the yogurt and fruit at the free continental breakfast, and the delicious, giant cookies provided along with turn-down service!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
sydney
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2009

Stayed here over the weekend as I had a function to attend. Initial check in staff were rather rude. However, I was tired and checked into my room. I asked for a smoking but this was not available even though I booked a month in advance. I was told to wait till the next day and I will be moved. Got to my room which was nice. Very modern feel, very cool. The cookie was delicious and the bathroom I could live in. Slept very well coudn't hear any noise. Woke up the next day and went down to check on my smoking room (Bad habit I know) and moved. The next room was bigger, but the floor creaked everytime I made a step. Was high irritating. I made booking for Sushi E for me and 2 friends. No problem there. However, on our way there we were stopped by the 'doorman' and as I was not all dressed up ( still presentable and duh I was sleeping there) I was basically accused of not having a booking. Horrible! Restaurant though was a great experience. That night sleeping though was terrible. The nightclub was below and all I could hear was drunken louts swearing and breaking bottles.

Check out was quick and the 1 staff present at that time were very professional. I wish they were there when I checked in. Doubt after the hit and miss state of this place I think next time I will book a suite at the Hilton.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank medellino1
Perth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2009

As a regular business traveler I have a lot of short stays in CBD hotels. Big hotels are much of a muchness so i try to pick smaller different hotels. The Establishment is very different. Its actually on a laneway off Geroge Street behind the well known bar/restuarant facing the street. The solid front door opens into a huge lobby with a mixture of modern style in a grand old building. Exceptional friendly staff that make this place - they are and sincere rather without that plastic smile often found in big hotels. The 40 rooms are nearly all different due to the fact that the property is an old warehouse conversion. I had room 31 - it is ultra cool with sensational bathroom with full size tub massive shower recess and separate toilet. For a couple looking for a peaceful CBD getaway or a tired business traveler this place is good and its surrounded by excellent bars and restuarants. Critcisms minor only.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business