WINNER WONDERLAND

Establishment Hotel
Ranked #63 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
“Sipping in Style”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

Last night was my first experience staying at the Establishment Hotel, after visiting the restaurant and bar downstairs a number of times before it was nice to be able to stay for the evening. My stay was very pleasant and luxurious and the service was great.
The best part was being able to check out Mr Wong, of which I am still to dine at, hopefully in the coming weeks! My partner and I enjoyed cocktails and a charcuterie plate at Palmer & Co, undoubtedly one of Sydney's most trendy bars.
Overall my experience was very enjoyable and I can't wait to return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rachel C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

Beautiful rooms, with original wood floors. Bathrooms are great.
It's just slightly/barely starting to show its age - and needs a little "tightening."
You can hear people in the halls - but that was infrequent.
I didn't stay on a weekend - so the noise level wasn't a problem -- I slept soundly.
They don't have parking - so they suggest other parking lots, which is expensive.
Overall - I'd recommend it -- a nice, sophisticated, relaxing place.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 2nd floor facing south(? -- away from the entrance alley)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

After the an extremely tiring festive season my parter and I decided to take a weekend away to the city for some couple time - we chose Establishment Hotel due to its proximity to The Rocks (my partners favourite part of Sydney). Excellent service, beautiful decor and perfect for a romantic weekend. Definitely coming back!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Andrew H
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I Stayed at the hotel for the first 2 days of feb and was quite disappointed. The staff was unfriendly and didn't bother to help with either of our comments until we asked twice ( shower was flooding whole bathroom, and someone was blasting the music in next room till 4 am- turned out to be the owner of the hotel) for the prices they are asking for I would have expected a view other then the back of a building and better service

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank tzaky
British Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a few days in January. The location is great and the decor nice. We loved the shower and note that concerns in earlier reviews about water running all over the floor must have been addressed.

We had no problems with street noise but the noise between rooms made it feel as though we were in the same room - hearing the couple in the next room having very satisfying sex at midday was interesting; hearing a couple chatting the next morning was a bit unnerving.

The free wifi and use of iPad are nice. The approach to having everything on the iPad needs maintenance, though. It's as if the hotel started off great guns - going to have everything on the iPad but just couldn't sustain it. The room service menu is only on the iPad, there are no movies for purchase anywhere, (not on iPad, not on television, there appeared to be an Apple TV but no remote provided to allow us to access our own account), and the hotel information book is completely out of date. Information should be in one place and should be current - so either on the iPad or in the book but update it.

The front staff all seemed extraordinarily junior - it seemed that they needed a more mature person to just supervise them. Arranging a cab seemed a terrible feat to accomplish.

The incense in the lobby is nauseating, as were the spritzes of fragrance in the elevators. Just don't..

I wouldn't stay here again - it's trying hard but just isn't worth it.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank random56
Arezzo, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

We decided to treat ourselves to stay the last few days in Sydney at this This boutique hotel . The entrace is a bit odd in the side alley off George street. The common area a really quite dark and u need a torch to find your way. Elegantly designed our room was quite big around 50 Sm and lovely bathroom with careers marble and Bvlgari bath products. The noise especially at night is a bit of a problem that need to be addressed to. Hemesphere , the bar is pretty cool. Staff and service very friendly and efficient but so it should be at $ 450 per night . Location I prefer to stay in Pott point in future

• Stayed February 2013
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here last week with my husband. We had one night treat in the city at this very cool, boutique hotel in a great location. We parked at my husbands office and took a taxi into the city as this was cheaper and more convenient than the parking we had been offered at $40 for 24 hours. The receptionist was friendly and efficient. We had a room on the third floor overlooking a back lane and a building opposite.The room was modern, clean and spacious with a huge bathroom. The bed was small by hotel standards but extremely comfortable.We had read the reviews and knew it might be noisy (ear plugs are provided in the room) but I thought after a few glasses of wine I could sleep through anything. Well, it seems I was wrong! I found it extremely difficult to shut out the noise and when it finally fell silent and it felt like I'd only just dropped off I was woken by the loading of the dustbin truck! On reading the reviews other customers do not appear to have had the same noise problem so I would advise that you enquire about the quietest rooms on booking.

Room Tip: Ask about room noise before you book
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends