All reviews kings cross elizabeth bay macleay street bus stop woolworths supermarket minute walk buffet breakfast botanical gardens per day comfortable room circular quay kitchenette rates cafes woolloomooloo suburb ensuite
Reviewed September 16, 2018

The room was on the first floor and very noisy, at verious time throughout the night due to running water from above.

The fan (with light on) in the bathroom was also very noisy.

The AC remote control wasn't working, unable to set the desired room conditions.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Peter L
Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

Absolute great location surrounded by wonderful cafes and bars but I cannot say the same for the hotel. I know it is only 3 star but it barely cuts 2. Our room was run down, dirty sheets, very unclean. My partner and I were ready to just leave and go somewhere else as I almost felt uncomfortable however after addressing it with a lovely lady at reception(I think her name was Jenna or Gemma?) she completely turned our stay around. Her professionalism and customer service was empecible and should be rewarded for her efforts. She is an asset to your business and the rest of your team need to learn from her.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
5  Thank bubblegumchuk
Reviewed July 9, 2018

We unfortunately had a side road room.Saturday early morning wake up with a rubbish truck collection,Sunday morning couldnt believe the early wake up (7am) with the recycling truck emptying in bins of bottles.Monday morning another rubbish collector.
Next time we would ask for an internal room.
Good buffet breakfast ,clean an all we required.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed July 9, 2018

I rang to enquire about a two night per week stay for 3 months as I am working in Sydney , and the girl hat answered the phone, gave me a rate of $158 per night .

When I question why this was more than double he rate on a third party website, she simply said , then book with them and slammed e phone down.

If you don care about initial customer service the that is a true indicator of what you will get for he rest of a stay

I booked a much newer property with better facilities just around the corner for less than a hundred dollars and they did e whole three months

Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank Kevin L
Reviewed July 1, 2018

My partner and I have stayed at this hotel quite a few times but mostly about 10 years ago. Our return visit saw things much as they were - nothing has changed but that is okay. The Devere is a budget hotel in a fantastic location, right in the heart of Potts Point/Kings Cross and only a few minutes walk to Kings Cross Station which provides very easy access to the rest of Sydney city. The rooms are dated but clean and I enjoyed the soak in the small bathtub. We paid extra for a balcony room but it wasn't really worth doing as the balcony was small and just exposed us to more noise from busy Macleay Street below. My only real criticism of the room is the creaky floors. It was almost impossible to sneak from the bed to the bathroom without my partner knowing I was on the move. That said, this is a good value, brilliantly located hotel that we will continue to return to, especially when catching a show at the nearby (3 minute walk) Hayes Theatre.

Room Tip: Don't worry about a balcony room, although the corner rooms with kitchenettes are worth staying in
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple