“I liked this place”

Central Railway Hotel
Ranked #52 of 181 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I wanted to give the CRH a higher rating, but couldn't quite make it. It is clean and well located just 10 minutes walk from the Central Station. The staff is friendly and the beds are comfortable. That said, the place feels like a youth hostel. The shower is like a hose - actually not much of a shower at all. At the end of the day, it's just average. The price is fair and I would stay there again, but it would be a good idea to hot have high expectations.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ioannisutah

Reviewed November 23, 2013

I found the staff to be helpful which to me is one of the most important asset to hotels, the room was find however the king bed was two single beds and not very comfortable leaving me with poor sleep, other than that I would say the stay was ok.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
CRHOTEL, Manager at Central Railway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am very pleased to hear that you found our staff helpful. Like you, we believe that high quality customer service is one of the most important factors in providing a great guest experience. I hope we get another opportunity to serve you at Central Railway Hotel.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Good value for two nights in the centre of any major city. Everything worth while seeing is walking distance, or an easy bus ride from over the road. Rooms were clean, good size - nice to have a balcony and fridge for the money.

But best of all were the staff, so accommodating. Let us behind the desk to print out tickets, again to check in for our flights and print passes etc. Gave spot on advice of where to go and what to see and finally when we were late to check out, just popped up to our room as a reminder - no hassle, not rushed at all. All round great service.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Nathan Y

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I will be sure to pass your comments on to staff. They are always very happy to receive positive feedback. We hope to see you again next time you are in Sydney.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed here for two night in November. The hotel is far from Central Station. Do not expect to walk here from the station. There is no lift in the hotel so be prepared to carry your luggages. There is a mouldy smell from the toilet and also from the carpet. The worst thing is I saw bed bugs crawling on the bed!! Then only I realized there were blood stains all over the bed sheet. When we were back from the trip, my husband started showing up rashes and doctor diagnosed as bed bug bites. Its all over his arms and legs and didn't go away for two weeks. We are still in the process of doing laundry and checking our luggage to make sure we didn't bring back any bed bug. I actually wrote to the hotel and told them about the bed bugs but noone replied. They just simply ignore my email. This is an awful experience and I won't recommend anyone to stay in this hotel at all.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Pris C

I would like to personally apologise for the unfortunate incidence that you experienced during your stay with us. I can assure you this is an extremely rare event which was rectified immediately. Unfortunately we did not receive any correspondence from you after your departure. I would invite you to contact me personally to discuss this further. My contact is 02 9319 7800 or email holly.clugston@centralstationhotel.com

Kind regards
Holly

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We had a great stay here for 2 nights 5th and 6th November 2013, great location, good value for money, room was clean and tidy, staff were very courteous and helpful. Free wifi is a bonus. I was a little dissappointed paying $22/day for parking because there is limited off street parking, I thought maybe permits could be organised with the council or a package deal with the room price. Nevertheless it was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anthony J
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Firstly, I like to thank the attendant at the lobby for keeping our luggage even though we had to check out and there was like a few hours before going to the airport. Room was pretty alright and at least we got our own bathroom, nothing more to ask for this kind of price. They also help providing the shuttle bus service to the airport. The door lock for the room can be improved by installing a dead lock (the chain lock didn't make me feel very safe). Will definitely consider this hotel again!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights from 23rd of October and it really is a lovely hotel! Nice rooms close to train station (to the right of the hotel) and shops and a lovely pub to the left of the hotel called the woolpack! Free wifi, towels and helpful staff :) would tell anyone to stay here and it's a safe area to be in!

• Stayed: October 2013