Friendly helpful staff, close to Central Station. Older hotel and can be quite noisy but I had an awesome view of the city and it is very reasonably priced. Walking distance to Central and has a nice bar.
- Free Wifi
The hotel was close to transport, 10 minute walk to central station and buses running along George St. The staff were amazing, very helpful and pleasant. Nothing was too much trouble The room was big and the bed was very comfortable. Decor was a little dated but we were only in the room to sleep. Not a pretty location, but functional.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently and taking the time to post your feedback on Tripadvisor. It is very pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay with us even we did not tick all the box with the location.
We hope to welcome you back in Sydney.
Stayed here as a family with 2 kids aged 7 and 9 for 4 nights
• Lift didn't work.
• 2 beds yet only 2 spare pillows not 4.
• 3 towels for 4 people.
• Stains all over the place. Urgh.
• Run down and in dire need of a refresh. 3 star not 4 star.
• NO GYM. Our three reasons for booking were location, pool and gym. The gym was not available for the entire time we were there. You were supposed to go 500m up the road to another hotel. Yeh Right! No mention of the gym being unavailable when we booked, or during other email conversations or notifications.
• Flooded carpet in hallway right outside room. Was told it was due to previous guest overflowing the bath. I don't believe that as we heard water leaking in the bathroom for the 4 days we were there.
• Stinky hallway due to flooding and loud blower outside room on carpet drying duties. Best the hotel could do was switch off the blower. Did not re-room us.
• Not enough tea bags/sugar etc. Had to take from breakfast service.
• Ugly little long life milk in mini-fridge. How hard is it to use fresh milk eh?
• Nowhere to hang towels when used.
• No retractable clothesline in room.
• Breakfast service was hit and miss. No muesli for 2 days. Had to go looking for staff to get them to refill food items and cutlery. Sometimes slow service.
• Had to keep curtains pulled all the time due to being within touching distance of the overcrowded building right next door.
• Location. Very central to trains, taxi’s the harbour etc.
• The beds were very comfortable.
• The pool was a lifesaver.
• A couple of very nice, helpful reception staff.
Would we return? Not likely. We were disappointed.
Thank for your review, I am disappointed to read you had a less than satisfactory stay. Your comments are not typical of the type we usually receive, and we are happy to change your room if you experience any noise. I hope you return so we can restore your affinity for Novotel Sydney Central.