One of the major hurdles of staying in a CBD location is finding a property that is quiet. I am a very light sleeper and even a little traffic noise means the difference between a great stay and one very cranky, sleep deprived traveller! We visit Sydney a couple of times a year and I can definitely say that we will be back to the Novotel.
Tucked away at the end of Thomas Street in Haymarket you have the advantage of being within walking distance of Darling Harbour, the CBD and if you are up to it you can even walk to the Opera House as we did (be warned it is a bit of a hike though!). If walking isn't your thing the free city bus (number 555) runs approx. every 10 minutes from George St to get you around and Central Station is a 5 minute walk away. If you want to head out to Bondi Beach catch the eastern suburbs line to Bondi Junction and then the 380 bus down to the beach. A very economical way to travel.
Our room was located on the 16th floor and whilst the description stated we had views over Darling Harbour we couldn't actually see much although I was happy to pay slightly extra to be on a higher floor. This and the fact the bathroom is quite small really were the only small negatives. Check in was prompt, parking was cheap ($38 for 2 nights/3 days - a bargain for Sydney) and having been recently refurbished the room was spot on. One plus is that in a twin room the beds are actually 2 queens and not 2 doubles which is fabulous for travelling with kids. I also enjoyed being able to grab a take away coffee before heading out the door from one of the very pleasant staff.
All in all a fantastic couple of days in my home town and I look forward to future stays at the Novotel City Central.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Novotel Sydney Central, located in the heart of the vibrant Sydney,is perfect for both corporate and leisure travellers. We are situated close to many famous Sydney attractions including Darling Harbour, Capitol Theatre, Sydney Entertainment Centre, and an array of shopping and entertainment venues.To ensure your stay is comfortable and enjoyable, guests can take advantage of our range of our hotel services and recreation facilities including the Field House Restaurant & Bar located in the hotel lobby, a rooftop swimming pool and 24hr reception and room service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, ACCOR, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Sydney Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citigate Central Sydney Hotel Sydney
- Citigate Central Hotel Sydney
- Sydney Citigate Central Hotel