“Great Central Location with Reasonable Parking Fees!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Novotel Sydney Central

Novotel Sydney Central
Ranked #63 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Australia
“Great Central Location with Reasonable Parking Fees!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed for one night with a friend on a Friday Night. Booked through Wotif as a wot hotel deal for $124.

Arrived and found a park relatively easily in the car park adjoining the hotel. The Reception staff were friendly and efficient and were able to meet our request for a twin room despite the wot hotel deal not being able to guarantee this.

The room was a reasonable size and had obviously been updated. The finish could have been better but the overall standard was good. The swimming pool was lovely and has some nice views over the city.

We found the location of this hotel to be the best thing, a few minutes walk to Central Station and plenty of cheap places to eat nearby. The staff were friendly at efficient at both check in and check out and happily stored our bags for a few hours after check out. I found the $23 overnight parking fee very reasonable considering the hotels location.

Would stay again at this price for sure.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Novotel_Syd_Central, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Central, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear M B,

happy to hear you had a good time and spent your visit also looking around the area - there is ALWAYS something going on around here.

Please let me know if i can ever help with arrangement for your next stay, thank you for the feedback.

Danesh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

I would recommend this hotal for ease of access to city, great restuarants nearby, walking distanceo shops and central city, down to the harbour as well. Staff were extremely helpful and i noted that people attending a convention spoke veryh ighly of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights and was very happy with our room. It was spacious, clean and had all the basic amenities (blow dryer, ironing board, kettle etc.). The hotel is modern and my room looked well kept (I'm sure other rooms have more wear and tear but I was fortunate enough to have a room that looked and felt newly renovated. I found the location convenient as it is very close to Central Station and walking distance to Chinatown. I took the train to the airport and it took about 10-15 minutes and takes you right to the terminal. It's a quick taxi ride to Darling Harbour (cost me about $7). They offer a great breakfast buffet with plenty of options to choose from. There is a computer with free internet and printer in the lobby....which was great for checking in for my flight and printing boarding passes, email etc. I would stay here again and I recommend it as it met all my expectations....those being a (very) clean room with functioning amenities and helpful enough staff when called upon. My experience with the staff was all positive. In fact, I found many of the wait staff in the restaurant to be fantastic as I was traveling with my 5 year old son and they were very accommodating and sweet to us. I didn't make any special requests so I can't comment on the staff's proficiency at handling them.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lynette S
Dear MissL604,

It’s nice to hear you enjoyed your time in Australia and our hotel. Families and kids is something we are really focusing on right now as we try and make the visit as enjoyable as possible - for both mum and dad and the kids. Hope you also got the time to enjoy the free children’s play park a few minutes’ walk down the road - its fantastic.

Danesh Bamji
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I always stay here while on business. Although it has changed names and owners many times over the years it's still remains fairly consistent for the solo business traveller. I like it because it has a great pool, it's is close to Chinatown for dinner, and it's close to the entertainment district too. The rooms are always neat and clean and service is efficient. Good parking as well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear da_griswalds,

Thank you for your loyalty over the years. I cannot ascertain your surname which is fine however on your next visit please let me know when you arrive (or call me to make your next booking) as I would love to welcome you back personally and introduce myself.

I am pleased you have noticed and like the enhancements we have recently made.

Danesh Bamji
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

We booked 4 rooms on first night and I decided to join my family. During the moving from my own room to level 9 I left a pair of shoes behind, which I realized 4 hrs later when I wanted to change shoes. Called house keeping to check lost and found - they told me nothing has been found. I was adamant that I left the shoes behind and they should look for it. After 3 hours waiting for the news though I was kept updated by the assistant duty manager that the cleaner did found my shoes but did not give it to lost and found, so they had to look for my shoes on trollies and they said they have found at least 5 pairs of someone else's shoes! Really? Finally they found my shoes and it was returned to me. Great effort, though I can imagine the other guests that has given up their shoes?

The location was great, walking distance to central station, china town and CBD. Room was clean though the pillows might need some new ones. at 7 AM we were all awake due to construction behind our hotel, so dont expect a sleep in on weekdays.

Went to swimming pool and it was heated out door pool. It was great! Only one little thing need to be improved, the timing of the whirlpool should be longer as after 5 minutes we have to get out in the cold to turn the whirlpool on again. It is annoying.

Breakfast option was not extravagant with 22 dollar you really dont want to expect a lot.
I was willing to forgive the housekeeping team in this hotel until my nephew left behind his stuffed tiger (his sleeping buddy). I know we should look after our own belonging, but it was inside the room when we checked out. We came back 6 hrs later after we checked out and it was declared lost by the front office team, because NO ONE in house keeping has returned the toy to lost and found.

I am thinking, if it was staffs' laziness or poor policy/procedures on lost and found?
With 2 silly events like this and one very upset 8 yrs old boy, I am unsure if I want to go back to stay in this hotel. Or if I ever going back in this hotel I will make sure to check everything before I go or I have to be prepare to lose it.

Room Tip: top floor closer to george street side. the construction on the other side will wake you up!