Novotel Sydney Central
$164
$186
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Town Hall(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$140
$117
  • Restaurant
Cambridge Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$96
$80
$275
$238
  • Pool
Meriton Suites Pitt Street, Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$122
$184
$124
  • Breakfast included
1,426 results
All reviewsdarling harbourtwo queen bedspaddy's marketclose to central stationaccor memberbuffet breakfastbalcony roomcapitol theatrelight railgeorge stdefinitely stay here againreception staffan upgradepublic transportopera houseutsjuicer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Being a Le Club Accorhotels member and staying in multiple Novotel and affiliated hotels, I thought I found a great deal when I booked 3 nights at Novotel Central in March 2013. Travelling to the hotel from the domestic terminal of Sydney Airport via Airbus ($26 return), I had to specify Citigate as most airport transfers still refer to this hotel as Citigate Central and NOT Novotel central.

After a worry-free and pretty much uneventful check-in at 11am, I opened the door to my room and had a Sheldon from Big Bang Theory "Apparently, I was wrong" moment. It seriously doesn't look half as good as it does on the hotel website. It really is a little "too tired" and way too dirty to be carrying the Novotel name, not that Novotel is the pinnacle of luxury hotels but seriously, this is almost like dragging its name in the dirt.

My room was 1424, its had great views...of the balconies of the apartment block next door. The TV cabinets was in bad shape and the rust and mould spots in the toilets were pretty inviting.

The only positive aspect of staying at Novotel central is its great location. Being in the Haymarket/Ultimo area it was just a stones throw away from the city and all its buzz and yet equidistant to the hip and happening Surry Hills (Gelato Messina, Porteno, Cafe Mint, Reuben Hills etc) and only a minute from Central train station so really no complaints about the location, it was brilliant. Great coffee nearby the hotel can be found at Mecca Espresso and Knights Coffee and Tea, just if you're wondering.

All in All, this hotel needs to be refurbished, thoroughly. A great location, let down by the state of the hotel, where the age is very evident

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jon T
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Book a king bed but was allocated twin room without informing me. The condition of the room looks very old and the lift is vibrating very hard. Renovation works is being done but prior notice was not given to me except the small notices which they have put up. Overall, I very bad experience and the customer service officers/ managers were certainly not out to please customers! Other than the lower rate and relatively good location, I cant really find any positive to comment on.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank dusheng
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Great service particularly when after booking in I mentioned that the room I was initially given smelt strongly of cigarette smoke and your staff very kindly relocated me to another room. This was greatly appreciated.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Shirld_57
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I recently was booked to stay at this hotel near Central Station for 2 nights. After a delayed flight and trip in from the airport I arrived to find that the hotel was overbooked, and despite the booking having been made several weeks earlier they had no room for me. The staff spent about half an hour finding me somewhere some distance away and the cab which they organised then dropped me at the wrong place. I finally got to bed about 1am and then got up at 5 to return to the original hotel to give the opening plenary lecture at a conference being held there. Not at all impressed by this and will think twice about booking at another Novotel hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank David E
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I was extremely disappointed to find renovations underway when I arrived. This was not displayed on the Accor website at the time of booking, and we would have booked elsewhere if we had known. Also the bathroom was dirty with other people's hair still on the side of the bath. This is disgusting and extremely disappointing. We are considering not renewing our Accor membership next year after this experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple