Shangri-La Hotel Sydney
Hilton Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$394
Hilton
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$240
  • Room Service
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$216
$223
$202
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$193
$130
  • Pool
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$122
$239
$186
Orbitz.com
$252
$180
6,970 results
All reviewshorizon clubblu baropera housegrand harbourcircular quaywindow seattop floorrocks arearoom servicecorner suiteharbour viewturn down serviceclub roombottle of champagnefour seasonsbuffet breakfastfive star hotel
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

The first thing you see checking into the room is the amazing view! So of course that would never let you down. Our room was serviced everyday perfect. I could not fault. Having a small child we didn't want to disrupt too many guests, but they made us feel very welcome on our arrival.
The service is amazing!! Could not fault one bit. Everything we asked for we received straight away!
We ordered our son room service and she had explained it would be 30minutes, 15 minutes later she had turned up! It was so fast!

Thank you to the wonderful team here!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We have stayed at many Shangri-la Hotels in Asia, but this was our first stay in the Sydney property. Unfortunately, this property is nowhere near the standard of its Asian counterparts.

The good:
Great location for the iconic landmarks in Sydney;
Very friendly and helpful staff;
Views are magnificent;
Comfortable rooms.

The bad:
The Horizon Club is oversold. It is small and uncomfortable. Food offerings are small in number and poor in quality. Food ran out very quickly and they were very slow to replace it, particularly during the afternoon tea session. The staff did not cope with the numbers in the club and the set out of the food station resulted in guests lining up beind each other in a very cramped space. Not at all pleasurable.

Breakfast in the Café Mix was a shemozzle. OMG, I have never experienced anything like it. Way too many people for the number of staff. Service was inconsistent. Buffet style of standard fare is served - nothing special. Couldn't wait to get out of there. On the Saturday morning there was a cue a mile long waiting for a table. To accommodate guests on the Sunday morning, they had to open up one of the adjoining banquet rooms and set up another buffet station in the public area outside the restaurant.

We booked our room on the Chi Spa Package. We called a week before our arrival to make bookings but they could only offer ridiculous times like 10.00 am in the morning or 8.00 pm at night. No afternoon times available during our 3 day stay. Consequently we couldn't use our Spa credits included in our Package. I relayed the issue to the staff person at the Horizon Club at check-out. Her response was let me know it was a wonderful spa and we must come back to try it!!!

The ugly:
Upon arriving back home, I realised I left a Ralph Lauren polo shirt behind, hanging on the back of the bathroom door. I called the hotel and the person I spoke with said she would check with all staff who entered the room during our stay. I explained that wasn't necessary as they only needed to check with the staff who cleaned our room after our departure. Two follow up phone calls and told the same 'we're investigating response'. On both occasions, I was told someone would call me back - no one has called back after nearly a month.
On the Saturday night we returned to our room (around 8.00 pm) and as the lifts opened on our floor, there was a woman lying on the floor screaming profanities at a man as he was screaming similar profanities at her. She was screaming about why he wouldn't #$%^ her! Not great for our kids to see and hear. They were that loud we could hear it after we entered our room. I ended up calling Security.

Room Tip: Definitely go for the harbour bridge view rooms. The "City/Opera House" views are on the side of the hotel and the views are not as good as you would expect.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Travelwriter63
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for a night last weekend. After few days I found that they have taken out 18 dollars from my credit card without informing me, so raised the issue with them. They actually charged me for Lemonde which I never used. But they trusted me and refunded me back the money. Other wise hotel and its service was good.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I stay quite a lot at the Shangri-La when I am in Sydney. Firstly it has the best views of Sydney Harbour, situated right behind The Rocks, you take in uninterrupted harbour views.
This hotel has an amazing group of people who work their, they care and they take special note to your wants and needs. To me its my second home and the people there are what makes the Hotel special.
The rooms are clean and spacious, however on this trip I did have an air conditioning unit that was throwing out cold air even when I had it set to heat. Some rooms have been updated but there are still some rooms that need renovation. They told me that the club lounge will be totally renovated starting in August, so I suppose there could be some inconvenience for a while, however they tell me the club room will be relocated to floor 28 for the renovation time.
Great views from the Bar on the top level, worth going there for a drink.
Gym has a great selection of equipment and in good order.
All in all I return there quite often, I think its one of the better hotels in Sydney.

Room Tip: Corner Suites rooms that end in (07) are much bigger and give a total wrap around view of Sydney Harbour.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank geoff t
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I stayed here for 8 nights in late June / early July whilst on business. The hotel is everything you would expect from a 5 star property in a major city. Fabulous location, fabulous rooms, excellent service, excellent food and great facilities.

My room was large, very comfortable, well equipped and had an amazing view of the Sydney Opera House and the Harbour beyond.

I ate in the hotel on a few occasions during my stay (breakfast and dinner) and the food was of a high standard.

Definitely recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Opera House
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business