“Mature couple”

Shangri-La Hotel Sydney
Ranked #36 of 182 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Very enjoyable stay - excellent service and room quality (received upgrade to room on arrival) - view was magnificent. Only downside was when walked back to hotel trip was very steep if on foot. I can recommend purchasing the room/valet parking/included breakfast package.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
Write a ReviewReviews (6,731)

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Shangri la sydney and found it to have the best views in the city , taking in harbour bridge , opera house and the harbour - the Blu bar is the place to be at sun set . Lo on the guest relations desk is amazing . The staff are most helpful and not up them selfs ! The room size is very good.
Staying in grand harbour view is a good room type.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2014

After 10 days stay at this excellent hotel, we had no complains at all, only good things to tell. Perhaps the best was the service, always friendly and willing to help. The view of the operahouse and bridge from the high floors is very special.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I was there for business. It is a very nice hotel with beautiful view and very well located close to the Rocks, opera house and shopping area. I recommend it for high budget trips. The only thing that didn't meet my expectations was breakfast as I think it was somehow expensive compared to the offered options.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I took my 83 year old mother for a trip to Sydney and we stayed at the Shangri-La in the Rocks. Everything about our stay was fabulous from our arrival in a stretch limo organised by the hotel, to our experience in the Horizon Club (highly recommended) and all interaction with the staff. High tea was lovely, massages were brilliant, pool and spa very relaxing and our executive Club Suite was very comfortable with an amazing view of the Opera House and the bridge. I can't recommend this hotel highly enough. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
1  Thank auntychook
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

The money spent on a room with a view is well worth it as the views are definitely divine in the harbour deluxe view rooms.

The hotel is very professional although I found they show a sense of arrogance towards the fact we look young and they assume we can't afford things. Like the bar on level 36 when I asked for a cheese platter she said: "how can i put it...it's expensive for the amount of cheese". It was $18 for two cheeses. That's not expensive. I'm not at a pub I clearly know what to expect. Other than that the rooms are spacious and pleasant.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2014

My partner and I stayed here for an Anniversary last month. From the moment we arrived till we checked out we felt special. Nothing was too much trouble. The room and view is to die for, the meal at the Altitude was first class, breakfast buffet was awesome and we loved the mini high tea at the lounge area. If you want to stay somewhere really special this is the location. We will stay there again for a special occasion.

Room Tip: Just ask for one with a great view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Travelers also viewed these Sydney hotels
The Rocks
#26 of 182 in Sydney
Hilton Sydney
Hilton Sydney
#41 of 182 in Sydney

Been to Shangri-La Hotel Sydney? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Shangri-La Hotel Sydney

Address: 176 Cumberland Street,The Rocks | Sydney 2000, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia
Location: Australia > New South Wales > Sydney > The Rocks
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#3 Business Hotel in Sydney
#13 Spa Hotel in Sydney
#15 Family Hotel in Sydney
#15 Romantic Hotel in Sydney
#35 Luxury Hotel in Sydney
Price Range: $196 - $467 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:5 star — Shangri-La Hotel Sydney 5*
The Shangri-La Hotel, Sydney is perfectly positioned between the iconic Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge in the historic Rocks district. Within walking distance of the city's major shopping venues and tourist attractions, the hotel offers panoramic views of Sydney Harbour. A wide selection of dining options including Australian cuisine at award winning Altitude Restaurant, Mix and Grill in the all day dining restaurant Café Mix and fabulous cocktails at the glamorous Blu Bar on 36. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Shangri-La Hotel Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Shangri La Sydney