“5 Day Stay May 2014”

Shangri-La Hotel Sydney
Ranked #35 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Room was well decorated,spacious and very clean although promised harbour view was lacking.
Staff were very friendly and helpful.We dined in house twice and food and service was very good.
Location in The Rocks area was excellent although it would be challenging
for older folk due to its elevated position

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

Reviewed May 11, 2014

I have just returned from the most amazing weekend in Sydney and this was largely due to our fantastic stay at the Shangri-La Hotel Sydney. I had booked a Grand Harbour view room and rang to just confirm the booking 2 days prior to our stay. The welcome I received on the phone gave me the sense that it was going to be a great weekend. We were travelling to Sydney to celebrate my wife's birthday and Mother's Day which this year was the same day. I wanted to organise a few special treats for my wife eg. flowers in the room etc. I was put in touch with the 'Guest Relations Team' and nothing was too much trouble. When checking in before lunch I expected to have to come back later when the room was ready, oh no our room was ready. Later the flowers were in the room with a special treat for my wife, courtesy of the guest relations team. The view and room were outstanding, housekeeping were superb, nothing was too much trouble. On our last day when we returned from a day out there was another treat a bottle of champagne and hotel truffles, again courtesy of the hotel. WOW, were we made to feel like superstars. Thank you for our weekend getaway, we have found our new favourite hotel in Sydney!

Reviewed May 11, 2014

We stayed here for two nights over the weekend.

We had a Deluxe Opera House City View room on the 11th floor - it had everything we could want and a good view of the Opera House. It was also very quiet and made for a great sleep! Wonderful shower too.

The location is good, just a short walk up from the Rocks and Circular Quay.

Service was very efficient and friendly.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Very nice, well appointed rooms. Good location close to the rocks, very convenient. Staff were attentive. Minor issue with waiting time at the front desk on one occasion. I will come back sometime. Enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Stayed here for one night as part of a large business group. Great location and excellent view of Sydney Harbour Bridge out of my room window. Well appointed room and very comfortable bed. Had a long wait time for the lift to arrive at my floor to go down on several occasions. Breakfast good. Unfortunately did not spend enough time here to fully appreciate this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Room service and valet services very poor. I contacted guest services for assistance with baggage - recent surgery - and retrieving car from car park. I am still waiting for baggage assistance and needed to request car from reception. Not happy.

Room Tip: city view is excellent
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
JessicaSomers, Public Relations Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Dear Jo_0514,

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we're very sorry to hear about your experience. If you wouldn't mind, please send me some further information and I will personally look into these problems for you further.

Jessica Somers
Director of Communications
Jessica.somers@shangri-la.com

Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful few nights stay at the Shangri La hotel. The room had a wonderful view of the Sydney Opera House. Very spacious, plugs were the universal plugs so you don't need an adapter and the beds are incredibly comfortable. We went up to the bar which I would definitely recommend and watched the sun set there one evening and the panoramic view was phenomenal. It is up a bit of a hill but completely manageable for people without mobility issues so don't let that put you off. Very friendly and accommodating staff. Would definitely return.

Stayed: November 2013