“Beautiful last minute unexpected overnight stay. WOW factor plus.”

Shangri-La Hotel Sydney
Ranked #30 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Frankston, Australia
“Beautiful last minute unexpected overnight stay. WOW factor plus.”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I would just like to thank the management & staff at this wonderful hotel who had a room available, apparently the only one in all of Sydney, after ringing around at least 15 others, after midnight on the 22/3/13 when my Melbourne flight was returned to Sydney due to bad weather in Melbourne.
I was welcomed by very friendly staff and checked in effortlessly and off to my room almost immediately.
The room was awesome, what magnificent views from room 2715, wow!!!
Shame my phone was flat I couldn't even take a picture of those views, it was amazing at night and in the morning even better.
I just wish I could have stayed longer to enjoy them and relax in that wonderful bed a lot longer.
The bathroom was beautiful, the shower was hot and the bath looked inviting, it was wonderful, and immaculately clean.
Breakfast was included in my rate and it was amazing also, just what I needed after arriving so late and missing dinner due to being in the air for hours trying to get home. the staff of the buffet were very polite and the service was first class, a credit to you.
I would like to recommend this wonderful hotel to everyone, I had a great experience and would definately stay again, this time for longer, and to enjoy those amazing views from the room.
Well done to managment & staff, keep up the good work. :)

Room Tip: Room 2715 has AMAZING Opera House, Sydney Harbour & Circular Quay Views. I can highly recommend...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,796)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I got to the hotel around 12:00,was told the room was not ready.So They asked me to walk around and called me when the room was ok.But when I was back ,the front staff was coldly telling me I had to wait until 3Pm.No explanation,no apology,simply turned you away.I have never met such unfriendly staff.

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank Kevinzzy
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Shangri-la to celebrate our 1st year anniversary.
We were not dissapointed!
We booked a Horizon Club Opera House City view room and it was sensational.
The expansive views of the Opera House and Circular Quay area were breathtaking upon arrival, also as the night came upon us and as the sun rose the next morning we deliberately kept the curtains open to wake up to the sunrise over this beautiful city.

We utilized the Horizon Club lounge for complimentary drinks and canapés and enjoyed a cocktail in the Blu Bar on 36 which had a great atmosphere and excellent service.

The hotel provided us a beautiful bottle of French champagne and chocolates to honor our anniversary and we enjoyed them immensely.

Breakfast in Cafe Mix was delicious! A wide variety of hot and cold choices again backed up with efficient service for a busy period. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff we encountered at any time during our stay.

Thank you Shangrila Sydney, we highly recommend your experience to anyone;)

• Stayed March 2013
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed Recently for two nights for a Course being held at the Shangri-La.

I have stayed here previously so had no hesitation in booking. Had booked a deluxe Darling Harbour view room but was pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to a Horizon Club Room with a Harbour view (even more surprising as I had booked through Expedia to get an extra 10% off !).

The room was well appointed with L'Occitane toiletries , fast complimentary wifi, nice widescreen TV and an iPod/phone dock.

The course was well catered lunch and coffee breaks were very nice with a decent selection on both days.

Yes it is on the expensive side but if you want 5 star accommodation in Sydney the Shangri-La provides fair value for money with an excellent location overlooking Sydney Harbour and outstanding customer service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed at the Shangri-La for one night.
It was perfect and lived up to its wonderful reputation. The staff were wonderful and helpful with parking and checking us in.
The room we had was on the 22nd floor and we had views of the Opera House.
The room was well thought out. Plenty of space, comfortable bed. I particularly liked the seats near the large windows, to admire the view.
The bathroom was lovely too with lots of thoughtful amenities.
Would love to go back for a longer stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Windermere, Florida
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights and had an excellent room on the 20th floor with great views of the harbour bridge and opera house. Everything was superb, beds were comfortable, the housekeeping, concierge and front desk were perfect and the cafe was great for breakfast. This is truly a 5 star property and has the best views in Sydney, especially from the Blu bar on the 36th floor. Pricy at almost 600 USD a night but to be expected for this kind of quality.

Room Tip: Have to go with a harbour view room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Devizes, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed 3 nights here but not consecutively. 2 opera house view rooms had delightful views and were very comfortable with a lovely spacious bathroom. The third night was my husband's birthday and we were upgraded to a magnificent suite with stunning views, and he was given a delicious chocolate birthday cake - thank you very much to whoever was responsible for that! The reception staff appeared to be going through the motions but the concierge and the customer relations desk were exceptionally helpful when we had some problems (nothing to do with the Shangri La).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends