Capitol Square Hotel
$209
$164
$186
  • Restaurant
Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney Town Hall(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$140
$116
  • Restaurant
Cambridge Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$96
$80
$275
$238
  • Pool
Meriton Suites Pitt Street, Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$122
$184
$124
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I don't want to be repeating other reviews - the location is the main if not the only advantage of this hotel. Maybe also the price comparing to other pricey options and little availability around.
The room was gloomy and desperately needed refreshing. The internet option (AUD 20 per day) is, in my opinion, absurd. Even the reception - first thing you see after you enter the hotel - is depressing. Not an option for me next time.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
David C, Manager at Capitol Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at the hotel whilst visiting Sydney. I do agree with you that the hotel does offer a competitive price for a property with such a convenient location when compared to other options in the Sydney CBD.

The hotel values all constructive feedback and if you wish to contact me directly at the hotel, I would be more than happy to discuss any of the above issues raised with you in more detail.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

My room smelt like piss. It was extremely overpriced for what it was. I think a hostel would've been a better choice. Would be a waste of money to stay here. Wouldn't recommend it. And there was no free wifi. What a backwards country. Don't know what we paid for.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Khdangnz
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This hotel is well located, less than 10 minute walk from Central Railway Station and 20 minute walk to the CBD. There's also a free bus (nr 555) that links Haymarket to Central Quay during the day. Our double room was clean and spacious and a good and international breakfast was included in the price.
The only problem was the fact that this hotel is next to the Capitol Theatre and every night there was a lot of noise.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lelo84

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the convenience of our location and the cleanliness of our hotel rooms. It was also pleasing to find that you enjoyed our buffet breakfast provided in the restaurant. Our guests often enjoy our breakfast due to the fact that they can get a good variety of hot food, cereals, fruit, juice, tea and coffee in the morning.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Very basic on so many levels. The walls are so thin I could hear the people next door. The desk staff appeared disinterested. I never felt safe staying in this hotel. While the breakfast was nice, and the location good, I won't be returning.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Susan_61_10
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I spent three nights at the Capitol whilst in Sydney for a conference for 4 days last week. There was a sliding glass door that opened on to an enclosed balcony overlooking a plaza. It was perfect for what I needed. I spent all day everyday at work so only just came in to sleep. Sleep was a little interrupted though as there were noisy night venues close by.

Whilst the accommodation was very basic and the decor looked tired, the room was clean with fresh linen daily and the hotel staff were generally very friendly. It is superbly located. Only a few minutes walk from Central Station, China town, Town Hall, Queen Victoria Galleries and only a 10-15 minute walk to Darling Harbour and the Convention Centre where our conference was held. I was also quite pleased to be allowed to check out late and not have to worry about luggage on the last day whilst still at my meeting.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Marie P

Thank you for your review. It was nice to hear that the hotel was able to meet your requirements whilst you were visiting Sydney. I will ensure to pass on your positive feedback about the cleanliness of the rooms onto our housekeeping staff.

I'm sorry to hear that you’re that you had some interrupted sleep, whilst we are situated conveniently near the Sydney CBD and within walking distance to a variety of key sites it can be busy sometimes in the areas surrounding the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel next time you are visiting Sydney.