“Nice for 3 stars hotel in the City”

Capitol Square Hotel
Ranked #159 of 182 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I've stayed here twice in may 2013. I booked the room by booking.com as well.
The price is quite cheaper and can pay when we're arrived. the room is range They accept all credit cards.
The place is really in the middle of CBD Sydney, just 2 minutes walking to paddy's market, china town, and around 15 minutes to central station.

I love starbucks, and definitely sure, there's starbucks cafe beside the lobby hotel.
Never worries about foods when you feel hungry in the entire day during you stay in this hotel.
They have an old alevator that made us easily carrying our luggages to the room level. Actually for the old man who need assistance when he wants to go to other room level in the hotel.

There're 2 option to stay in this hotel : with and without breakfast.

But better you take the room including breakfast, coz the cost is more cheaper than you have to pay breakfast sparately. The breakfast in american n european. Even the management this hotel mostly Indian. They are so polite, helpful and also quite.

The waitress and the waiter are Nice. all stuffs is so clean and nice environtment.

one day, I ever had problem to operate their internet cafe in 2nd floor. and they tried to fixed but need a time to contact the vendor first. Then they pleasure me to use their computer to do my needs. And thanks a bunch, they give me for free coz of inconvenience internet problem.

The bathroom is good enough for 3 stars hotel. bathup, shower, washing stand, seat closet, clean towels, mat, etc.

I booked for twin bed room at that moment coz i stay with my father there. It's quite nice and comfort for old man to stay. No noices, there's heater and AC, safe deposit box, ironing stuffs, tv flat, phone, wardrope, etc. And I got the room with window to see the main of george street. And the important is we are so easily to get anywhere.

And one thing, you can order for return airport pick-up with cheaper price then you take a train or monorail to n from the airport. All staffs is very nice and helpfully me during stay in sydney.

I recommended this hotel indeed.

Cheers,
Bee

Room Tip: Room without windows is a bit bigger than others. If you need street views, you can take the room w...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Michael S, Manager at Capitol Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thanks Bee for your kind comments.

I was so pleased to read that you found all the staff friendly and the hotel suited you and your fathers needs during your stay. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel for a future stay.

Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Great location to everything, friendly staff, rooms really could do with re modernising but had clean white sheets and running hot water. Only spent minimum time in the room. It was a budget room, so you had what you paid for.. Would I go again??? Yes

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Lisapritchard1
Michael S, Manager at Capitol Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Thank you for your feedback.
Look forward to seeing you again next time. Bring a friend as well if you like.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Back in Sydney for another show. The hotel is pretty tired ...... but we were out and about during the day so didn't mind. It is convenient to everything: Paddy's Market, China Town, Entertainment Centre and next door to the Capitol Theatre. The price for one night including breakfast was $139. Breakfast was generous and the staff were friendly. It's a modest hotel right in the middle of Haymarket.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for expressing your feedback regarding your stay. I’m glad you found the hotels location convenient and suited your needs. Also I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the breakfast in the hotel. The restaurant does pride itself on a good spread for a good price. Hopefully we can welcome you back to the hotel for a future stay, if not maybe just for breakfast?

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Deciding to stay in the city we chose this hotel as it was on need it now for $109 and included a full buffet breakfast.

Room was small but was quite suitable for the two of us as we were going to the Zoo and Vivid, we really only needed a bed for the night and shower the next morning. Hubby found the shower head a bit too small for his liking and I wasn't keen on the dispensers on the wall. All in all given that it's an older building it's remarkably a great price for the room and location.

Loved the breakfast and was very delicious and plentiful. Staff we encountered we all helpful and very pleasant. Can walk down to George St and catch the free 555 bus down to Circular Quay and around the city.

We arrived early hoping to drop off our bags only to find the lovely man at the desk say he would check if any rooms were ready and we were able to check in. Made our day so much easier which we appreciated.

We would definitely stay again given the great service and value.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kerry J

Thank you for your comments regarding Capitol Square Hotel. I was so pleased to read that you and your partner enjoyed your stay and your time in Sydney. We pride ourselves on being a good valued hotel in a great location for short stay travellers such as you and your partner. I hope we can welcome you back again on your next trip to Sydney.

Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

For under $100 a night with breakfast this hotel is excellent value.
Room was clean very quiet and everything worked.
Breakfast was very gpod.
Very friendly reception staff.
Would recommend and stay again

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you for your delightful comments regarding Capitol Square Hotel Sydney. I was pleased that you found everything in the hotel suited your needs and the hotel was of "excellent value". It is not everyday we get such great feedback but when we do it shows that we are doing things right for our guests. Thank you again for your kind words. We all look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Right the rooms need a major major overhaul. They are just weathered. I got double room in this hotel for 79 dollars a night on one of the booking sites. If asked would I stay there again for that money, my answer would be yes. The value for location is unreal considering how expensive Sydney is. I've stayed in hotels that have made this place look like a coal bucket but then those hotels weren't in sydney. So if your travelling and looking for value this hotel is for you. If you like you comfort and have a bit of disposable cash then don't consider it

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to express your opinions regarding your stay at Capitol square Hotel. I was pleased to read that you found the location and value of the hotel to be "unreal".
Thank you again for your feedback. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel for a future stay.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Preface: I consider this a 5* star stay taking into account value for money/staff/etc. This isn't a 5* hotel by any means but the experience was great.

Price: $79 special through an accommodation site, which I was very happy with. Paying rack rates, I wouldn't be pleased with, but this was great for the price.

Staff/service: The staff were really wonderful and accommodating. Was able to secure an early check in which I appreciate, and organise a cheap/quick bus transfer to the airport. What I needed, they provided, what more can you ask for.

Room: Double room, level 5. The room is similar to a standard country motel/suburban chain. I expected this, so it was fine. Faded, with some peeling paint, but the bed was really comfortable. Power points not easy to access. Lack of cable TV disappointing. Quiet room which was good. Bathroom was a bit grimy but ok.

Overall: The whole place has seen better decades, but for what I wanted, a place to dump my bags, do what I needed to, sleep, it worked fine. I'd recommend to the hotel that prices closer to the sale price rather than the rack rate will mean there are more happy customers.

Room Tip: high floor away from george st recommended
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind words, being a “Senior Tripadvisor Contributor” only makes your comments more valuable. We know that we do not have the facilities or the quality of higher end hotels but we make do with what we have. By ensuring the rooms are clean, staff are friendly and the price is right, we are able to ensure our guests are satisfied which is our number one priority.
I was so pleased that you found the staff friendly and assertive and the hotel suited your needs. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel for a future stay so you can experience this 5 STAR service you had this time.