“Great for business stay.”

Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel at Circular Quay
Ranked #36 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Carlton
“Great for business stay.”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Stayed one night to attend a conference at same location.
Room was on 31st floor, very quiet, room was spacious,( 2 double beds), bathroom well appointed and adequate. Beds comfortable, aircon worked well but a bit noisy. Plenty of towels, very clean, coffee and tea in room.
Location very convenient, take the train from airport, get off at Circular Quay station, hotel is approx. 100mts from station.
The Rocks, Opera House, everything at your doorstep.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,073)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
West Sussex, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We had a smart room which was supposed to be one with a harbour view - this was a disappointment in that we could just see some water between buildings looking at a angle so that old chestnut! The room was modern, airy and comfortable with the reliably lovely beds. The early check in lounge is a useful facility but when we used it, it wasn't particularly clean. We also had access to the executive lounge which was a little less than expected for a hotel of this standard - again useful but more 3 star than expected in terms of range of options and quality of produce. The hotel is in an excellent location just a very short walk from the harbour and the train station.

Room Tip: Ask specifically for the kind of view you would like to avoid disappointment
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Sammamish, Washington
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I've stayed at Marriott Sydney Harbour at Circular Quay several times in the past two years. I honestly don't have one complaint. Marriott has done well to "brand" its hotels such that when I show up ..it may be Sydney, Baltimore, Seattle, Paris, etc..I've stayed at many, I always receive equal treatment, outstanding customer service and the rooms are always highly acceptable. I make a point to stay at Marriott as it is clear their approach is to "retain" a client base. To just "acquire" a client base is short sighted..and that is why I will remain loyal to Marriott as long as they keep doing what they are doing..Thanks Marriott!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

I overnighted here on my way back to the U.S. Overall, I had a very good experience. I found the staff at the registration desk to be particularly pleasant and welcoming. My room was appropriately appointed, clean, and comfortable. My frequent stay status with Marroitt meant that I had access to the Excecutive Lounge. I had a nice breakfast there that included both hot (egg, sausage, bacon) and cold items (fruit, pastries etc.). I also had complimentary wifi as part of my stay. I did have a couple of beers in the hotel bar in the evening and have no complaints about my experience there. The hotel has a fantastic location and us within a short walk of the harbor and Opera House. My 17th floor room had a nice view of Sydney Harbor Bridge. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Franklin Park, NJ
Reviewed December 12, 2013

This used to be the Renaissance until a few years ago (for those who are familiar with the area). Check in was great, but there was no separate line for Marriott elite members. The check in staff were great though, once I got to the front of the line (yes, there was a line). We got our room early and kids were happy to get into a room after a long drive.

Used the executive lounge for breakfast - great selection there.

The only issue I had, was with the pool - normally, I am used to hotel pools having different depths, to accommodate kids. The pool at this hotel was 5 feet deep, all across. This could be a practice in Australia (I have seen this at another Sydney hotel), so not a knock against this particular hotel. But something to be aware of, when you have little kids that you want to take to the pool.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kaushik D
USA-OHIO
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. It was a super location, close to all transportation including the harbor for our cruise. Friendly, clean, helpful and good price on a few items in the gift shop. Would highly recommend to anyone traveling to Sydney.

Room Tip: We didnot use the gym nor eat breakfast there as there are so many places to eat outdoors nearby. W...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I was not very impressed by the concierge/bell hops on arrival. We arrived the entrance right in front of the concierge desk and started unloading lots of heavy bags from the car without any help at all from the bell hops who were all just standing around and no one even tried to offer us a trolley (several empty ones nearby). Our first arrival was simply to leave some luggage after getting off a cruise ship while we made a trip to the Blue Mountains. Once I approached them and told them we were future guests, they became more friendly and helpful. (Duh? Why else would people unload luggage in front of a hotel?)
After our trip to the Blue Mountains, we again unloaded several suitcases and no one stepped forward to help us again. 2 strikes even before check in!
There was quite a queue at checkin by a pleasant receptionist who gave me the keys and didn't say much else and a long wait for the lifts after that. We had to lug our own luggage - for a 5 star hotel???

We had a deluxe room on the 26th floor with 2 twin beds for our family of 4. It was in a corner and opened up to a little vestibule before the main room. I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the room and the amount of storage and the beautiful unblocked view of the Sydney Opera House and Harbour.
The beds were very comfortable.
The location is excellent and a short walk to Circular Quay, the Opera House, Botanical Gardens and the Rocks, as well as taking the ferries to other places like Darling Harbour.
We did not eat in the hotel.
There is a convenience store and a coffee shop right across the street as well as lots of banks and ATMs.
The Avis car rental is right there in the hotel driveway although overnight parking at the hotel costs $59.
Free Wifi available in the lobby for 24 hours.

It suited our needs perfectly for our 1 night stay in Sydney post-cruise, for car pick up, the Sydney sights we wanted to see and was one of the few hotels that could take 4 people in 1 room at a reasonable price in such a convenient location.

For longer stays in Sydney, if travelling with family again, I would revert back to the serviced apartments in Darling Harbour that I stayed in on previous trips.

Room Tip: 2606 excellent room!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family