Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel at Circular Quay
Ranked #36 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Brisbane, Australia
“Nice stay!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We arrived at the hotel at around 10AM after an overnight flight, so we were rather tired. When we checked in, we were promptly told we could not check in until 2pm, which was disappointing. However, when we eventually got in our room it was lovely, spacious, clean with good quality beddings.
The Hotel location is great; not far from the harbor front.
I would stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank George M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,073)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Nothing beats waking up to the view of the Opera House in the morning! The location is superb and the hotel doesn't fail to impress. More food in the executive lounge though will be nice. We will definitely be back!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Stayed in the city for one night whilst attending a concert.Usually stay at the Sebel Pier One but it wasn't available this time. I chose the Marriott as it had lots of accommodation packages. This one included buffett breakfast and valet parking in the room rate.
Our room was on the 20th floor and had a pleasant view. The staff were efficient and we received a lovely surprise gift of chocolate covered strawberries, as I had mentioned in passing, that it was our wedding anniversary.
We walked to The Rocks,the Opera House,The Botanic Gardens and The Conservatorium of Music with ease.
Very nice stay but still love Pier One!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 440Christine440
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Very pleased with my stay at the Marriott - wonderful room with a great view of the Opera House. Hotel is a 5 minute walk from Circular Quay Train Station and ferry dock, 10 minutes to Opera House, and the Rocks. Bottom line - location is excellent. MacQuarries Lounge was a great HQ in the evening. Two minor, very minor irritants - one two of three mornings, I received both an automated wake up call, and two minutes later, at an inopportune moment, a wake up call from a real person. Also booked a rate that included local calls, clearly shows on my reservation, but was booked for a local call - when I discussed at check out, I was told no rate ever includes local calls. Again, minor irritants. All in all a very good stay, and I would stay at the Marriott again.

Room Tip: pay for a view, either opera house or the bridge, you may only be here once
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ILikewhatILike
Palm City, Florida
Reviewed November 24, 2013

With wide open views of the Sydney Opera House and the harbor how could we not be pleased? The staff was very nice and the location is excellent. We walked to great restaurants, the the Opera House & Circular Quay from which various boat tours depart. It is also an easy walk to The Rocks and The Central Business District. The room was spacious with a table and two chairs as well as two "easy" chairs with one ottoman. Sadly, the ultra modern chairs were not at all comfortable hence the quotes around easy, And for all the space, I cannot for the life of me understand why there were no usable drawers. We were at this hotel for 5 nights as part of our 3+ weeks in Australia and I am one of those people who likes to unpack. Unfortunately, I could not because the drawers were just barely big enough for the bibles. That meant that our luggage took up much of the room. We had one light meal in the lobby bar where the service was pretty spotty, but the food was pretty good.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a high floor with the view of the Opera House & harbor which most definitely impr...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Just stayed in the 2 level Duplex at the Marriott for our daughters wedding. What a view. What a room. Spacious and just what we needed to prepare for the wedding day. Lounge area dinning and prep kitchen and 3rd toilet down stairs. Upstairs 2 bedrooms with the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Spacious bathroom and second bedroom with 2 double beds with views to die for. Master bedroom with king size bed and massive ensuite. Could not have wanted for anything. The events co- ordinater ( not sure of her name) was so helpful when we were looking for a room to accommodate our wedding party. Just a little disappointed on the breakfast. Location you can't get any better close and within walking distance to Circular Key ( across the road) and the Opera house, and the Rocks. Would recommend this hotel to all my friends.

Room Tip: For that special night go for the Duplex. Can't get any higher then these rooms.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 767DeniseSydney767
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I will start by saying I was supposed to stay here for 6 nights and I checked out and went to a different hotel after my first night. On the positive side if you are a tourist the hotel is a block away from circular quay. The gym was also well appointed and the pool looked nice. Beyond that everything was hugely disappointing. The windows in the room are small and barely take up 1/4 of the wall. The decor tries to be retro I guess, but comes off as looking cheap. The bathroom had ugly blue tile, and a shower and a sink that looked like something I had in my college dorm room. The executive 'lounge' had folding chairs in it...Now if I had paid for a 3 star hotel I wouldn't be complaining because those are the things you expect. However when I pay 5 star prices I expect 5 start luxury and that is not what this hotel offers. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business