Tripadvisor
Sydney
2,794 results
All reviews hyde park large corner bath the executive lounge war memorial rooftop pool museum station australian museum junior suite park view room service buffet breakfast room was spacious surry hills high floor circular quay an upgrade opera house
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Been staying at the Hotel and Accor properties for over 15 years. Platinum now means NOTHING. As ACCOR have now introduced the Black and Diamond levels, depending on your stays = the amount of money you spend. Nothing at all to do with years of loyalty (like Marriott generously caring for long staying loyalty). I get a call from Pullman Hyde Park this morning, saying that they are increasing my contract by >$70 per stay! Read this. AND $20 MORE than the rates from Booking.Com / Accor itself next week! No warning, no grace period, no nothing. The Pullman Sydney Hyde Park is dirty, dated and in most cases, nothing works. The standard is NOT 5 star, it is more like 3. The food in the Executive Areas has declined DRAMATICALLY, as has the number of staff (which change regularly and unexpectedly because they only hire cheap labour from travellers who can work for only a set amount of time), the property was without lifts (at least only one working) for months, these are slow and erratic. The evening service in the Executive Lounge is sluggish, disinterested and resentful. The saving grace is the absolutely gorgeous, professional and caring morning Manager at the Executive Club. There is absolutely NO VIBRANCY in the hotel. The Front Office Manager, is rude, loudmouth and unprofessional. I was told abruptly that I was unable to park complimentary in the Hotel as a Platinum Guest, being told previously I was. The standards are so low in terms of maintenance, currency, and cleanliness, as to be ridiculous to even suggest this Hotel is 5 star, make it a 3 Star at best. Then I'm coughing. The Pool Bar (nearly opened) is expensive and not manned. The staff is SKELETON everywhere. This property is a budget hotel, at a 5 star price. This is the worst treatment a long-term ACCOR client could have received, particularly as now it seems the message from Pullman and ACCOR is we are off the hook as far as tier levels are concerned. Hang your head in shame. The location is good, but check out Booking.Com. I have and have seen some really fabulous bargains, just about everywhere. This Hotel is full of flight personnel, and noisy, disruptive overseas Groups anyway. Paying a whole lot less than what Accor is online offering. GO ELSEWHERE.

Room tip: Go elsewhere. Better options respecting long term guests.
Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

As gold ACCOR members we decided it would be great to return to stay at the Pullman for a weekend when we had to attend a family wedding.

I had stayed last August and had a great stay and this was why we chose to stay here again.

We booked 2 rooms with access to the Executive Club and I had forgotten how small and basic the clubwas. The food offered was basic, the furniture old and in need of refurbishment and the general decor dated.

When we arrived we did not get met by a door man to assist with our bags, surely something to expect at a 5 star hotel...when we got to our room we found that the welcome gift was 2 bottles of water ( hardly anything exceptional as gold members, considering water in bottles was freely available down in reception).

The staff were always friendly and accommodating but I think the only reason it is still 5 star is it’s location.

The rooms were good but again some water damage on the wall and paying extra for the executive club really was a waste of money...the afternoon drinks and food offerings were really very basic in terms of the food (2 overcooked hot dishes that were not fresh at all on any of the days we stayed there and we had 5 chances for better food but to no avail), the wine was good and spirits on offer were great but the afternoon staff just seemed to stand around and did not offer to prepare a drink or serve you in any way, they just seemed to stand around and then clean up used plates and glasses.

We chose to have breakfast on one of the days in the downstairs hotel restaurant and whilst there were more food offerings it was a small space and we had to wait quite a while to get a table. For such a large hotel I would have expected a larger restaurant, again it was very dated and in need of refurbishment.

When returning to Sydney this will not be the hotel we stay in next time.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 17, 2020

For about 5 months I was staying at the Pullman once a week or fortnight as I worked out of my company’s Sydney office. Despite being highly ranked in the Accor rewards scheme I was regularly given a room that had significant water damage. Each time I was assigned this room I asked to be moved which they did, only after inspecting the room! Also the lifts were often either out of order or very slow. THe only good thing about this hotel is the location, and the lovely bartender!

Date of stay: August 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 16, 2020

My stay was all ok with a room of Hyde Park. The guest room itself is quite run down but still functional. The cleaning is ok. But what disappointed me is the breakfast. The breakfast room has a look of canteen and there are not variety of foods. There are no vegetable in the buffet line either. The breakfast room is busy and after 3 days you get bored of the same breakfast everyday. On my 1st morning I ordered eggs from egg station and had to wait 40-45 minutes! Staff at the lobby and breakfast are friendly though. I am an Accor gold member and received a usual complimentary which I appreciate. Going to stay there again, I am not sure.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed January 16, 2020

Booked a 2 night stay at the Pullman Hyde Park after staying with friends in North Sydney thought it would be a nice treat for the kids to stay downtown and have the use of the outdoor pool. Had the choice of a number of hotels as you would expect but chose the Pullman for 5 stars and the novelty of an outdoor pool.
Arrived for check in to be told that the hotel pool was out of action that afternoon but would be back first thing the following day. We were told we could use an alternative hotel across the park but who wants to be trailing two kids across central Sydney in their swimming togs!!?? We considered changing hotels but as we had booked through a 3rd party website the hotel were not able to arrange this and we would need to request a refund from the website etc. so decided it was more hassle and that since the hotel would be back in action first thing this wasn't worth it. My daughter called reception the following day only to be told the pool still wasn't in action. To say we were disappointed was an understatement. The pool wasn't available until mid morning that day by which time we were out sightseeing with two VERY unhappy children.

The room itself was OK - certainly not what I would expect from a 5star though. Other than the pool which was out of action it was little better than a Travellodge!!
Towels and coffee/ tea selection had obviously been based on 2 people in the room A poor show for a 5star hotel.... With hindsight, we should have gone to the Intercontinental like we originally planned!