“Happy as!”

Pullman Sydney Hyde Park
Ranked #63 of 178 Hotels in Sydney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (421)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
melbourne
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Arrived for a weekend in Sydney. booked a room with a queen bed and a sofa, but when we checked in they gave us a room with 2 double beds. a few hours after checking in, we noticed a very loud noise coming from our roof vent. It worked out the airconditioning unit was not working, so they offered to move our room. We then went onto room2 on another floor. The moment the door closed, there was a party a next door, it was so loud there was no way of sleep that night. i went down to reception and they had already warned the other room prior to moving us next door to the group. Then they moved us onto room number 3, and the airconditioning wasn't working in this room either. as it was late and we didn't want to move again we put up with the hot room.
One of the staff came in and try to fix it, after calling reception about the airconditioning not working.
it was later found that the Maintenance guy was in fact the bell boy, and they sent him up mearly to show they were trying to work on it. we went out the next day, they said it would be repaired during our day out. When we returned later that day, the other manager explained being the weekend there was no one around to fix it, and they were sorry.
for over $500 per night, this was a joke.
I have stayed in hundreds of hotels around the world and this tops it off as the worst!
I think they need to lift their game, as they dropped the ball on this stay. I wont ever return to this hotel again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank quay5043
Canberra
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and and I and our grandson stayed for two nights in an executive club room which was very clean and well appointed. The Clubroom only operates for breakfast and after 5 drinks and canapes but food and drinks were plentiful and the service was good. Staff from all sections were all pleasant and helpful. Husband and grandson tried out the pool and sauna and had an enjoyable time. We opted to park the car ourselves under the building and had no hassles. A pleasant walk through Hyde Park takes you to the shops and monorail. We all agreed we would definately stay there again.

Room Tip: If you are staying in a executive room ask for one near the Executive Lounge (saves walking)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
SYDNEY
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My four year old son and I stayed overnight in the executive room that over looked hyde park, It looked like the rooms had recently been refurbished, lovely and clean and very modern.
we had no issues with noise from any other refurbishment that is currently underway, although we stayed Sunday evening and departed Monday Morning.
This hotel is located within easy walking distance to monorail, city sights and hyde park.
Check in could have been better i had to enquire about the breakfast and was not informed about evening drinks, so we missed out on those. Breakfast in the lounge was very quiet, well stocked and great service.
Check out staff were lovely.
Easy parking underneath hotel. I would recomend and would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Eugene H, Manager at Pullman Sydney Hyde Park, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear TRAVELEMSYDNEY

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your candid feedback regarding your experience as it is only through guest feedback that we can measure our performance.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Pullman Sydney Hyde Park, we hope that you will consider us again when next visiting Sydney.

Kind regards

Eugéne Human
Miami Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I booked the Pullman hotel on Hotwire for my stay in Sydney. When I arrived--the room was outdated and in horrible condition. At 8am constructions crews started working directly above my room. At 10am they began drilling into the walls. I went down to the manager and he offered me free breakfast. I declined. I left the Pullman and booked a new hotel right away. The only thing the manager did for me was validate my parking. This hotel is overpriced, is not a 5 star hotel and is in horrible condition. I do not recommend anyone to stay at the Pullman Sydney Hyde Park.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Austin S
Miami Beach
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The place is old, out dated, last time it was remodeled was probably the 80s. There is also massive construction going on from 8am till the evening and when your in the room its all you can hear, its ear pounding loud. The staff will do nothing but tell you sorry, or give you a free breakfast. You'll pay 250+ per night for a nightmare of a stay in essentially a 1star at best hotel. The internet is 60$ per night. Parking is 30$ per night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MattTravel05
Dear MattTravel05

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with Pullman Sydney Hyde Park. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay. It is regrettable our hotel did not live up to your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will address these to continually monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like yourself, enables us to constantly improve on the service and experience we pride ourselves in at the hotel. We welcome any opportunity to improve the guest experience. Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider The Pullman Sydney Hyde Park again on your next travel to Sydney.

I want to extend my personal apology. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Pullman Sydney Hyde Park and replace your bad experience with one that reflects on the Pullman standard we pride ourselves in.

Kind Regards