“Pullman Hyde Park”

Pullman Sydney Hyde Park
Ranked #69 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed on the Club Floor for three nights. The room we were first offered had a tiny window overlooking the park and skyline. Not what I'd requested so we asked to be moved to the other side of the hotel. Our new room had a much bigger window and a great view of the bay, which was exactly what we asked for. I'm not sure why we weren't given this room in the first place. The room had obviously been done up. It was fairly spacious and, as I said we had a lovely view from our bed. The bathroom, although tiny, had a nice, big bath and the shower had great water pressure.
The club lounge itself is quite small but the service, especially from the young man at breakfast during the weekdays, was exceptional. He always greeted us with a genuine smile and gave us many helpful hints of what to do during our stay. One great hint was to take the free shuttle bus, which drops you off near many tourist spots. He wasn't there the last day so I couldn't ask his name.
The food and beverage offerings, both at breakfast and pre-dinner, was excellent for such a small lounge. The only fault I can find is that there is no free wifi, although there is one computer available free of charge.
As others have said, it is a short, pleasant walk into town and very close to Museum Station. The pool and gym are top class. We will probably stay here again if the opportunity arises.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank adenoz

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed for three nights in an Executive room with lounge access. The check in experience (I think I was served by the supervisor or manager) certainly not 5 star standard which left me questioning my decision to stay here, certainly not one we are accustomed to as a regular Accor hotels user.
The room was clean and good size especially given the two double beds. The beds were not comfortable though, definitely not to standard. The location and views excellent.
Access to the lounge and the service here was very good. The service at the bar was also very good. Subsequent experiences with other reception staff were also pleasant.
Small details make the 5 star experience, like not needing the kettle be replaced because the water is coming out black, making sure the information on the compendium is accurate, ensuring all the staff are adequately trained and well versed in your hotel, and not having housekeeping barge into your room while you are in the bathroom - without even knocking! The Pullman Hyde Park has a way to go to get there!

Room Tip: Definitely consider a Hyde Park view room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We walked into the hotel room and noticed the rooms are not anything like what is posted on the Accor website. The air con sounded like it was about to take off - we had to change rooms.The cruddy old hair dryer didnt dry with hot air - had to be exchanged. There were no shower mats to step onto. The shower hose had sprung a leak and was shooting a waterfall onto the roof and the tiled floor. The shower curtain still has Marriott on it... bathroom tiles are cracked and the cabinetry within the room was just like my homework desk I used in the early 80's - light brown wood veneer laminate. Visible piping tracking across the walls... and the couch was threadbare with stains on it I dont want to even imagine what they were!
When we asked to stay in the room that they had photographed on their website they wanted an extra $100 per night - only the top 2 floors are renovated aparently. It would help if this was mentioned on the Accor website.
Also, when I checked out (yesterday 02/Sept) I left an envelope, with the customer service representative, for another guest (my good friends) to collect when they checked out a couple of hours later. The guest, asked if there was anything left for him but he was told "No".
The experience with the Pullman Hyde Park was really very disappointing to say the least. The decor is extremely tired and run down and not worthy of the Accor/Pullman reputation. I felt conned.
The only positive is that the linen appreared clean - sheets and towels. We were given bath robes. And there were no bed bugs.
I will be very careful in staying with a Pullman chain again.

Room Tip: Dont sit on the sofas! YUK!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MsBook
An Accor traveler
New Plymouth
Reviewed September 2, 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights, myself and 2 daughters on a quick trip to sydney. Location is fantastic and our room was full of natural light with view of Hyde Park.

Hotel is about to have massive refurb as part of recent rebranding and although parts of room a little tired, they are clean and well maintained and the beds super comfortable!

Staff were friendly and helpful, even bringing glass of complimentary to room for my daughter & happily giving her paper, at Reception, to draw on.

Close by to city and Oxford street with little supermarket less than 5 minute walk away.

Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Far enough out of the hubbub to be quiet, but close enough for an easy stroll to the centre of city activities both for shopping and night life. Even Darling Harbour is an easy walk (20 minutes - I timed it!).
Found my room stuffy in the mornings - had difficulty waking up and had headaches for a while. A bit more fresh air into the airconditioning would be nice. Or was it just that I had bad nights due to 'Accor Hotel pillows". Sorry, but I have a thing about pillows. They should support the head, not let it sink down onto the mattress. But then, I've only ever stayed in one hotel in my life where the pillows were superb.
Restaurant had an unobstructed view across Hyde Park. Nice. Only got a chance to dine there once - on my last night. Service was slow, even though there were few customers on the night, but it WAS a Sunday after all. I didn't complain (wasn't in any hurry), but the extrememly friendly staff realised they were slow and apologised profusely and produced a complimentary drink which was a nice touch.
My room came with a microwave, toaster and a couple of hotplates all of which were unexpected. My brief stay didn't allow me to make use of them. I'll know next time.
And yes, there will most likely be a next time if I need to make a short visit to Sydney. Anything more than 3 or 4 days though, I think I'll try another venue. I'm not an early morning person by nature, and waking up in a somewhat stuffy room doesn't start the day in my favour.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed at the Pullman Sydney Hyde Park for two nights with our 10 year old son. We had a room with 2 double beds and although the room was small it was clean and had a wonderful view of Hyde Park. I would have to say that the best thing about our stay was the friendly staff. The restaurant served a wonderful buffet breakfast. Our son ate for free when we ordered and the selection of dishes was wonderful with egg dishes cooked at your request. The Pullman is located within walking distance to Museum Station and also is very close to one of the dropp off points for the City Explorer Bus.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family