“Great Stay”

Ranked #35 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
India
“Great Stay”
Reviewed April 28, 2009

It was a gr8 experience staying at the hotel.
The location of the hotel is a plus point.
Though it seems more like a business hotel.. we had a nice stay for our honeymoon.
The stay was as we expect from a Hilton service.... excellent

Stayed June 2006
1 Thank Indiantraveljunkie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (754)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 24, 2009

We had a travelzoo package stayed at the Hilton for 1 night with 2-1 full buffet breakfast and late check out at 1pm. Staff at Reception were professional and friendly, got a room on 32nd floor. Loved the blind in the room, total darkness which was great for me. The room was a bit too glassy for me. Everything was glass, I guess it was their theme. Room was very clean with modern furnitures, thought the bathroom sink was a bit too cramp/small.

We also ordered dessert through In Room dining and it was a bit pricey cost us $39.50 please see pic. The passionfruit souffle was nice but the chocolate cake fudge was not worth $14

At the Glass Brasserie they had an excellent juice bar where the chef makes you fresh juices and shots of beetroot or something else as well. IMO very healthy bfast choices available put aside the bacon and hash browns, but found it it way too expensive, $42 for full buffet breakfast...

Overall, very good stay, friendly staff.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank triss84
Sunbury
Reviewed April 23, 2009

Recently stayed a weekend in a Relaxation Suite with 2 friends. One was going out to clubs and bars a lot, so he kind of crashed on the couch, while we shared the huge bed. Staff made sure he had extra doona and towels etc....

I have stayed here a few times before, and everytime I stay at the Hilton Sydney I have a great time. It is really very beautiful. Sydney is such a great city to spend a weekend in, and having such a fabulous room and place to stay makes it a really memorable experience, as the room is quiet and relaxing, with all the hustle and bustle at the doorstep.

The executive lounge is a real plus, and the staff their are really friendly and welcoming. They really make you feel at home. It is nice to have another space to go to and have a drink or tea, and some snacks and chat. Also they have internet available there to check your mail etc. I definately think that buying an executive level room is really worth the extra money, as the lounge is a really nice place to be able to hang at times. You can also check-in and out there, and the staff build a bit of rapport with you, as they see you at breakfast, and evening drinks, as well as when you check-in / out.

Really recommend this hotel if you are wanting to have a great weekend away in sydney and want to do it in style.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Perth
Reviewed April 22, 2009

Stayed at Hilton Sydney for 4 nights and had a fabulous time! Check in was efficient, and our rooms, although small, were well furnished and modern. The best thing about the rooms though, in my opinion, is the brilliant 'blackout blinds'! Such a good nights sleep! The only thing I would mention is that maybe guests should be told about them, as it's not obvious and we only found them by accident.

Livingwell health club was great too, never too busy, with a big jacuzzi, swimming pool, and several saunas/spa, great for chilling out before we hit the town!

Had a few drinks in the Zeta bar. The cocktails cost around $20 each, this bar has a great atmosphere, and definately worth a visit.

All in all, a great stay, will certainly be back!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank perthpom
Exeter, Devon, UK.
Reviewed April 13, 2009

This hotel is in a brilliant location right in the middle of George Street so everywhere is easily reached on foot and for the suburbs all the stations are nearby.
The rooms are lovely, very spacious and comfortable and everywhere is kept immaculately clean. The staff at check in are helpful but that is where all human contact ends. There is no interaction or any sign of interst in you after that. Questions are answered politely but it felt very much a business hotel, it was a great shame as it does not reflects Australia's normal friendliness and warm welcoming approach to their visitors.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
North Richland Hills, Texas
Reviewed April 12, 2009

I knew I would be arriving to Sydney early in the morning, and after a very long flight, I knew I would want to get to my hotel and get some rest. I booked a room for the night BEFORE my early AM arrival, to guarantee that a room would be ready for me. I even called the hotel directly to verify that by booking the room the night before my arrival in the early AM the next day, I would have a room. All was confirmed. On my arrival, guess what? I was told they had 100% occupancy the night before and so had given my room away and did not have a room ready for me. I was left standing in the lobby.

As a Diamond VIP, I was told that breakfast was free. On my final bill, I was charged for breakfast, and had to get it removed.

I went to use the health club, which I was told would be complimentary with my stay. I found it very crowded with "members" and was questioned about my presence there since I was not a "member."

The room at this hotel, was decorated nice enough, however, the large mirrors on the walls had not been cleaned for some time, the carpet in the room was dirty. I expected better.

I am giving this hotel an average rating, however, compared to the Hilton in Bangkok that I had just came from the night before, which was fabulous, I probably should rate this Sydney hotel less than average in comparison.

I told the manager that I thought it was "Bad Business" not to honor the reservation I had confirmed. The staff at this hotel could certainly learn from the fantastic staff at the Hilton in Bangkok. Daylight and Dark difference...

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
portland, oregon
Reviewed April 12, 2009

I had some Hilton hotel points we used to stay at this hotel. We were upgraded to a corner junior suite upon check in. It's a very elegant hotel. We had a little trouble finding the driveway entrance to the hotel and downtown Sydney has a lot of one way streets. The room was really nice. Being at the corner meant we had two walls of windows with good views. The room had a large bed, a study table with internet hook ups (for a fee),a sofa living room area and two bathrooms (1 full, 1 half). The hotel is close to shopping with Queen Victoria Center across the street and taxis are always accessible. I recommend taxis if your trips will be only be around Sydney. No need to pay for parking. Just pay for airport shuttle. The lobby area can get a little busy. The gym and indoor pool with sauna were great.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple