“Great position and great service”
Review of Hilton Sydney

Hilton Sydney
Ranked #37 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 5, 2014

If you want to stay at a central quality hotel you can do no better than the Hilton Sydney. Everything is in easy walking. The restaurants and bars have great food and even better service. The rooms are well laid out with great city views.

My only criticism is the WiFi – you either purchase a week or have to log on every day, update all your equipment why not let people buy 2/3/4/5/6 days?

Room Tip: higher the better...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Thank you for your reveiw. It's great to see that you appreciated the hotel's central city location as well as its facilities. Your comment regarding the WiFi is noted. Our internet policy is constantly being reviewed and as we are always endeavouring to improve our guest experience, I will make sure to share your feedback with the relevant team.

Once again, thanks, and hopefully we will be able to welcome you back sometime in the future.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Sydney

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Spent a night here as a surprise for my husband. We were greater promptly and our bags taken and car parked. The gentleman (Miguel) bought our bags to us promptly and proceeded to give us a tour of our room. He was awesome...very thorough and extremely helpful.
The pillows were very soft and fluffy, this is not to my personal taste so my sleep was not the best. People who use this type of pillow will love it.
Overall I was able to give my hubby a nice place with great views to stay for his birthday :)

Room Tip: Ask for different pillows if soft and fluffy is not your thing
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted that you and your husband enjoyed your stay and we will be sure to share your comments with the team, including Miguel, whom you mention in your review.

Regarding the pillows, we do have a "pillow menu" whereby you can order whatever pillow type suits. This is done by simply dialling "Magic' on the guest room phone and the pillow type will be delivered to your room upon request. I am truly sorry that you were not aware of this.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you sometime in the future.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

I was in Sydney on business for a week and stayed here. The place just feels like a factory. Rooms were fine, although the view was directly into an office block. I had to queue for 15+ minutes on two days to get into the breakfast room; service there was really bad - wrong food delivered/lots of items missing on the buffet, had to basically beg someone to bring me some coffee, etc.....again, the place is just too big. Then, when I came to check out, they'd tried to charge me twice for (already way-overpriced) internet access on three days and the whole checkout process took 20 minutes because they couldn't figure out how to split my bill onto two separate receipts. Then - to top it all off - the taxi concierge had a shouting match with a taxi driver as I was trying to get in the car on my way to the airport. This is 100% not a 5* experience; really disappointing. I returned the following week and booked into another hotel instead.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank sparkyb_uk
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experience at Hilton Sydney.

I am sorry that we fell below your expectations and I can assure you that the appropriate action has been taken to rectify the shortcomings you experienced. Your comments are greatly appreciated and valuable as they are a key tool in allowing us to review our services and facilities in order to maintain and make improvements.

I am sorry again that we did not live up to your expectations and hope you will give us the opportunity to do better on a future occasion.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

I walked in to book a room one night and was roughed up by a bouncer when I went in and then manhandled out by three of them. I stayed at Marriott Circular Quay instead. Totally bizarre. I have not gone back since and used to stay there all the time. Rooms are very small but a great breakfast and Exec lounge. Pity really.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DN73

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

I am extremely surprised to read your comments and would appreciate if you could contact either me or our Security and Risk Manager, Mr. Dean Maka, to provide more feedback.

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused and do hope you will be in touch so that we can investigate this matter further.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

comfortable bed and great bathroom, no issues whatsover, except for the reservation, was in front of reception claiming an online rate on booking.com (on which hilton obviously pays commission) but they could only offer me a more expensive rate (with the same booking conditions etc), had to book online over booking.com in front of the receptionist?! ...

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Felix B, Manager at Hilton Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding Hilton Sydney.

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused when you endeavoured to make your booking at the reception desk. I suggest that next time you make a reservation you do it directly through our reservations department whereby you will be able to access a best price guarantee.

Once again, thanks for your feedback and hopefully you will give us another chance to be of service to you in the future.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

Stay away, go elsewhere!, for what you pay here and wihtin the same area there are better and cheaper options such as the Westin or the Sheraton on the park (I stayed there on previous occasions). The Hilton rooms are tiny and cramped, ordinary furniture, the bathroom it's even smaller, not even space for a double wash basin (I got a blah, blah, blah... Plus room on the 41st floor). The bed linen is ok but the mattresses are cheap and uncomfortable, best asset is the TV, a 40" flat screen Samsung.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel.

We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we are very sorry you were unhappy with our guest rooms. Although we can't change the size of our rooms, we do offer Relaxation Rooms and Suites which are larger room types, and perhaps either of these may suit your personal preference on a future visit.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we will take your comments into consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

Stayed at the hilton in sydney for 3 nights. Was looking at a holiday for my pregnant wife who is due in june 2014. Sadly...we were given a rm that was tiny. I've stayed at multiple 5 star hotels...and yet this stay made me feel as if it was not 5 star. We checked with the reception if it was a king bed and was assured of it...but i can bet my life its not. We have king bed at home and this was too crampy...My wife was disappointed...considering she actually wanted us to stay at the westin....i will never ever stay at the Hilton in sydney again.....my wife's xact words...she'd rather stay at a quest or adina apartments then stay st the hilton as the rm was really tiny and the bathroom was even tinier...

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay at Hilton Sydney.

We really appreciate your feedback and sincerely sorry that you were unhappy with the size of your guest room. Unfortunately we cannot change the size of the rooms, however we do offer larger room types such as our Relaxation Rooms and Suites which may be more suitable for you on a future occasion.

We are also in receipt of your "on-line survey" comments which I will respond to separately.