This is one of the better Hilton's even though it is starting to show its age.
The rooms are not that big and the noise, especially on a Saturday evening, is somewhat annoying. Even more annoying was not being able to get a coffee at 9pm on a Saturday night.
We especially stayed over at the Hilton as it is conveniently situated to Hyde Park where the Noodle Fair was taking place. Having partaken in many oriental dishes we were all in need of a good coffee. We came back to the hotel and seated ourselves in the Hilton Cino but were told that they were closed. This is 9pm on a Saturday night! Good grief. There was nowhere else in the hotel to just get coffee rather than a meal and had to leave the Hilton and go across to the QVB to find a cafe!
We all remarked that the decor of the hotel is rather stark - there's no real ambience - almost cold. I am sure a bit of refurbishment would fix that up pretty quickly.
Given the high rates many hotels charge in Sydney the Hilton is almost good value and certainly better than some of the more fancy expensive hotels in the Sydney CBD.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Superbly located in the hub of the city, Hilton Sydney has magnificent views and convenient access to iconic attractions including the spectacular Sydney Harbour and Opera House. Offering contemporary design that fulfils comfort and style, outstanding facilities and exceptional service, Hilton Sydney is a must for both domestic and international guests and Sydneysiders alike. Choose from stylish guest rooms and luxury suites, and rejuvenate the body and mind at LivingWell Premier Health Club with the latest gym facilities, swimming pool and stunning day spa. Sample two stylish and distinctive bars in the progressive, sleek cocktail bar, Zeta Bar with its international team of mixologists and the iconic, Victorian live music hub that’s Marble Bar. Enjoy a coffee, light meal or delectable dessert in the patisserie at Caffe Cino and one of Australia’s leading chefs and restaurateurs, Luke Mangan, provides a definitive Sydney dining experience at the award winning, glass brasserie. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Sydney Hotel Sydney
- Hilton International Sydney
- Sydney Hilton International
- Hilton Hotel Sydney