We celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary at the hotel. We were married at the Hilton in 1991 and thought we would return for a weekend away. We upgraded to a relaxation room via a Hilton Honors standby upgrade offer. The room was on the 37th floor. It was a double sized room with a King Size bed and a large bathroom and small sitting area. Unfortunately the furniture, bed and lounge are extremely poorly placed in this room. The bed head is against the window so you can not take advantage of the wonderful view that we had of the harbour and off to heads. The TV was positioned in the middle of the room so to view the TV from either the bed or the lounge was on an angle. It was an older style plasma TV that was not great to view from an angle. That all said the bed was extremely comfortable with heaps of pillows. The bathroom was spacious and luxurious. The overall room ambiance was good. The room air conditioning system was a bit noisy and a half degree change in the thermostat gave a massive change in room temperature.
The room was clean, furniture immaculate and all the amenities and towels plentiful. The room had two sets of blinds, a daytime and and night time block out that was extremely useful in keeping the room dark at night and the day blinds keeping it pleasant during the day.
The car park is located under the hotel and is very convenient. The hotel is located across the road from the QVB building and only half a block from Pitt Street Mall. The location for shopping is as convenient as you will get in the city.
The executive club lounge is good but I would not rate it as a must. I found the breakfast was adequate but the beverage selections was poor. The selection of newspapers and magazines was just OK. If lounge access it is offered to you at a reasonable rate it is worth considering.
Overall a pleasant stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Superbly located in the hub of the city, Hilton Sydney has magnificent views and convenient access to iconic attractions including the spectacular Sydney Harbour and Opera House. Offering contemporary design that fulfils comfort and style, outstanding facilities and exceptional service, Hilton Sydney is a must for both domestic and international guests and Sydneysiders alike. Choose from stylish guest rooms and luxury suites, and rejuvenate the body and mind at LivingWell Premier Health Club with the latest gym facilities, swimming pool and stunning day spa. Sample two stylish and distinctive bars in the progressive, sleek cocktail bar, Zeta Bar with its international team of mixologists and the iconic, Victorian live music hub that’s Marble Bar. Enjoy a coffee, light meal or delectable dessert in the patisserie at Caffe Cino and one of Australia’s leading chefs and restaurateurs, Luke Mangan, provides a definitive Sydney dining experience at the award winning, glass brasserie. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Sydney Hotel Sydney
- Hilton International Sydney
- Sydney Hilton International
- Hilton Hotel Sydney