We stayed at the Hilton Sydney on a public holiday weekend. This hotel is often pretty expensive but I was able to secure a reasonable rate of just over $200 for the standard room. As a Gold HHonors member I was pleased to be upgraded to an executive room on check in and to know that full breakfast would be included.
Check in was friendly although the poor chap working had lost his voice and could barely talk...he really shouldn't have been working the front desk!
The rooms in this hotel are quite small as hotels go but certainly modern and functional.
A highlight of this hotel is certainly the F&B venues. The ambiance and standard of the breakfast at Glass Brasserie is exceptional. I will say though that on the morning of the public holiday when everyone seemed to be taking the opportunity to have a late breakfast that they did struggle a little service wise. It was clear that many guests were waiting quite a long time for items to be delivered from the cook to order station. My partner ordered soft poached eggs - they took well over 10 minutes to arrive and when they did they were cold and cooked through. Ultimately though I think it's an amazing place to have breakfast with so much choice.
After being upgraded to the exec floor we had access to the exec lounge. There was a great range of food there for the evening session but I can't help but find the decor a bit sterile...it feels like it should be more open and lacks a luxury feeling which I feel it should have.
I'd be more than happy to stay again when I can find good rates.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Superbly located in the hub of the city, Hilton Sydney has magnificent views and convenient access to iconic attractions including the spectacular Sydney Harbour and Opera House. Offering contemporary design that fulfils comfort and style, outstanding facilities and exceptional service, Hilton Sydney is a must for both domestic and international guests and Sydneysiders alike. Choose from stylish guest rooms and luxury suites, and rejuvenate the body and mind at LivingWell Premier Health Club with the latest gym facilities, swimming pool and stunning day spa. Sample two stylish and distinctive bars in the progressive, sleek cocktail bar, Zeta Bar with its international team of mixologists and the iconic, Victorian live music hub that’s Marble Bar. Enjoy a coffee, light meal or delectable dessert in the patisserie at Caffe Cino and one of Australia’s leading chefs and restaurateurs, Luke Mangan, provides a definitive Sydney dining experience at the award winning, glass brasserie. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Sydney Hotel Sydney
- Hilton International Sydney
- Sydney Hilton International
- Hilton Hotel Sydney