On returning to the Hilton Sydney I knew what to expect and was not disappointed.
The great lobby still impresses and still feels like half of Sydney is hanging round in it or passing through. Business men zip in and out and glamorous Emirates cabin team technicians are swallowed by the lifts up to the heights of the tower.
I booked a basic room, not on the club floor. It was very small, and really would be irritating for two unless you were still in honeymoon bliss mental state mode. Don't try and even fit two large suitcases in the room, it will be cramped. The minibar is one of those that if you knock the bottle off it charges you, and if there is a small earth quake you will owe big money. The bathroom is cramped but bright.
The hotel is not really about the room. Dump your bag and get into the bar on level 4 looking over the heritage shopping mall next door or splash out in the Glass brasserie. It's pricey but the decor and vibe is great. Better still get out and find yourself surrounded by shops and a short walk to Darling Harbour.
Town Hall station is 2 minutes walk for all train lines. The opera house and bridge is a 15 to 20 minute walk, but the walk is part of the fun.
While in town try the great restaurants Sepia for brilliant food without the intense environment or Porteno for the best Argentinean rockabilly atmosphere and simple but delicious food. To see the real Sydney take a taxi to Crown street in Surrey Hills and enjoy cosmopolitan inner city life.
Oh, and when you get back to your small room you will find you sleep very we'll in the excellent bed and on the feather pillows.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Superbly located in the hub of the city, Hilton Sydney has magnificent views and convenient access to iconic attractions including the spectacular Sydney Harbour and Opera House. Offering contemporary design that fulfils comfort and style, outstanding facilities and exceptional service, Hilton Sydney is a must for both domestic and international guests and Sydneysiders alike. Choose from stylish guest rooms and luxury suites, and rejuvenate the body and mind at LivingWell Premier Health Club with the latest gym facilities, swimming pool and stunning day spa. Sample two stylish and distinctive bars in the progressive, sleek cocktail bar, Zeta Bar with its international team of mixologists and the iconic, Victorian live music hub that’s Marble Bar. Enjoy a coffee, light meal or delectable dessert in the patisserie at Caffe Cino and one of Australia’s leading chefs and restaurateurs, Luke Mangan, provides a definitive Sydney dining experience at the award winning, glass brasserie. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Sydney Hotel Sydney
- Hilton International Sydney
- Sydney Hilton International
- Hilton Hotel Sydney