The best thing about this hotel is its staff, very friendly and polite. The hotel is also very clean and overall very pleasant. However, I would only rate it at about 4 stars. We stayed in a king deluxe room on one of the top floors so it was quiet. The negatives that I noticed is that windows cannot be opened and I prefer fresh air if it’s not too hot/too cold outside. Also there are only thin light coloured curtains on the windows and at night they do not block all the light from the office building opposite the hotel. So if you are a sensitive sleeper I would definitely advise to take an eye mask for sleeping (you don’t need to switch the light on at night to see the room clearly as it’s really bright). Another negative is that the bed was made up of two smaller beds put together and you can definitely feel the ridge in the middle. The bed was also very firm for my liking. Unfortunately I didn’t have a good night sleep due to the above, but probably no issues for less sensitive sleepers!
Good location, close to Darling Harbour (a couple of mins on monorail which stops right outside the hotel and costs $5 one way) and a walking distance to the Rocks.
I booked the hotel directly via hotel's website and it was exactly the same price as on the discounted websites - lastminute etc but without a booking fee!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Superbly located in the hub of the city, Hilton Sydney has magnificent views and convenient access to iconic attractions including the spectacular Sydney Harbour and Opera House. Offering contemporary design that fulfils comfort and style, outstanding facilities and exceptional service, Hilton Sydney is a must for both domestic and international guests and Sydneysiders alike. Choose from stylish guest rooms and luxury suites, and rejuvenate the body and mind at LivingWell Premier Health Club with the latest gym facilities, swimming pool and stunning day spa. Sample two stylish and distinctive bars in the progressive, sleek cocktail bar, Zeta Bar with its international team of mixologists and the iconic, Victorian live music hub that’s Marble Bar. Enjoy a coffee, light meal or delectable dessert in the patisserie at Caffe Cino and one of Australia’s leading chefs and restaurateurs, Luke Mangan, provides a definitive Sydney dining experience at the award winning, glass brasserie. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Sydney Hotel Sydney
- Hilton International Sydney
- Sydney Hilton International
- Hilton Hotel Sydney